FIFA 20 PS4 Refund Response **Attention EA**

Comments

• Mr_Smith89
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2019

Go prove it. Not being an arse just saying they’d be able to prove it’s improved upon last year.[/quote]

You really are a prat. Everything @Saints92 is stating is spot on. The game has clearly been mis-sold. There’s features they’ve stated that either do not work as they should or are completely missing altogether. They’ve advertised star heads like Felix in the game when they’re clearly not in the game. It’s like going to a car dealership and they sell you a certain model claiming it has electric windows and a premium sound system and automatic parking, you buy it and the window and sound system do not work and the auto parking feature doesn’t park itself well. Therefore, you have been mis-sold the car.
  • Saints92
    49 posts Park Captain
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Saints92 wrote: »

Can you please explain to me how it’s illegal?

It isnt legal, in the UK at least, to "knowingly mislead customers into buying a service you cant provide".

EA, on their site, have continued to advertise career mode as being improved due to "enhanced AI algorithms that prevent AI teams using weakened sides", despite knowing this simply isnt true, even now, after days of it being made clear to them it isnt working and them acknowledging it, they still advertise is as a feature on their site.

They can argue career mode isnt unplayable etc if they want, but the example above is a stone cold factual example of them misleading people into purchasing the game.

So you’re arguing it’s mis selling?

I'm stating it. They've claimed something, and continue to claim something, which in unequivocally false. This false claim has encouraged people to buy the game.

I’ll leave you to work out why mis selling can’t be illegal in the UK.

Doesn’t make it right and doesn’t mean you can’t fight it, just people talk some right old **** on here and if you want to try take on EA you’re gonna need to know how.

It is. No Mans Sky was investigated for it too, and the only reason they escaped was because they'd described the game as an "infinite Universe where anything can happen" in the title, which gave them the chance to fight back by saying all the bugs were just one of an infinite amount of variables. This was the sole reason trading standards couldnt rule that theyd misled customers.

EA doesnt have that to fall back on.

2015 brought a Consumers Right Act, and currently EA will be under investigation through that. They get a "reasonable amount of time", usually around 14 days after launch, to fit defects with the game which clear it as "As described". They cannot argue at all that the AI system in career mode is "As described".

All I’m saying is you stated what they’ve done is illegal and it simply cannot be and there’s a good reason for that.

It was a legislation that was passed through Government and passed as law.

It relates to games/films/eBooks.

If the service is not "As described" at the point of sale, the seller must bring it up to standard within an agreed period of time, or start giving refunds.

It is a law in the UK. So I'm not sure why you keep telling me it's not. I've been advised that EA continuing to promote a feature as a selling point on their website, when they're aware its not working correctly, and have been aware for over two weeks plus being aware before the official release date, breaches this law.

If something breaches a law, it's illegal.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-citizens-advice-works/citizens-advice-consumer-work/the-consumer-rights-act-2015/

This isn’t mis selling. You said it was mis selling. Consumer rights are a totally different thing.

You would never win an argument suggesting Fifa isn’t fit for purpose though. Personally I think 20 is terrible. There’s no way I could claim it as unfit for purpose though.

I'm not arguing the game isnt "fit for purpose".

I'm telling you EA have, legally, made a contract with buyers by listing "enhanced AI algorithms" as a feature of the game, despite knowing full well it isnt working in the game.

They've encouraged people to buy a game by using false information.

These things go against a UK law.

Go prove it. Not being an arse just saying they’d be able to prove it’s improved upon last year.

I've got about ten hours worth of video, of my own and off YouTube, showing consecutive games in Career mode having the issue.

EA themselves have acknowledged, on here and on Twitter, that it's not working correctly too.
  • Alex_cr
    5936 posts Big Money Move

Can you please explain to me how it’s illegal?

It isnt legal, in the UK at least, to "knowingly mislead customers into buying a service you cant provide".

EA, on their site, have continued to advertise career mode as being improved due to "enhanced AI algorithms that prevent AI teams using weakened sides", despite knowing this simply isnt true, even now, after days of it being made clear to them it isnt working and them acknowledging it, they still advertise is as a feature on their site.

They can argue career mode isnt unplayable etc if they want, but the example above is a stone cold factual example of them misleading people into purchasing the game.

So you’re arguing it’s mis selling?

I'm stating it. They've claimed something, and continue to claim something, which in unequivocally false. This false claim has encouraged people to buy the game.

I’ll leave you to work out why mis selling can’t be illegal in the UK.

Doesn’t make it right and doesn’t mean you can’t fight it, just people talk some right old **** on here and if you want to try take on EA you’re gonna need to know how.

It is. No Mans Sky was investigated for it too, and the only reason they escaped was because they'd described the game as an "infinite Universe where anything can happen" in the title, which gave them the chance to fight back by saying all the bugs were just one of an infinite amount of variables. This was the sole reason trading standards couldnt rule that theyd misled customers.

EA doesnt have that to fall back on.

2015 brought a Consumers Right Act, and currently EA will be under investigation through that. They get a "reasonable amount of time", usually around 14 days after launch, to fit defects with the game which clear it as "As described". They cannot argue at all that the AI system in career mode is "As described".

All I’m saying is you stated what they’ve done is illegal and it simply cannot be and there’s a good reason for that.

It was a legislation that was passed through Government and passed as law.

It relates to games/films/eBooks.

If the service is not "As described" at the point of sale, the seller must bring it up to standard within an agreed period of time, or start giving refunds.

It is a law in the UK. So I'm not sure why you keep telling me it's not. I've been advised that EA continuing to promote a feature as a selling point on their website, when they're aware its not working correctly, and have been aware for over two weeks plus being aware before the official release date, breaches this law.

If something breaches a law, it's illegal.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-citizens-advice-works/citizens-advice-consumer-work/the-consumer-rights-act-2015/

This isn’t mis selling. You said it was mis selling. Consumer rights are a totally different thing.

You would never win an argument suggesting Fifa isn’t fit for purpose though. Personally I think 20 is terrible. There’s no way I could claim it as unfit for purpose though.

I'm not arguing the game isnt "fit for purpose".

I'm telling you EA have, legally, made a contract with buyers by listing "enhanced AI algorithms" as a feature of the game, despite knowing full well it isnt working in the game.

They've encouraged people to buy a game by using false information.

These things go against a UK law.

Go prove it. Not being an arse just saying they’d be able to prove it’s improved upon last year.

I've got about ten hours worth of video, of my own and off YouTube, showing consecutive games in Career mode having the issue.

EA themselves have acknowledged, on here and on Twitter, that it's not working correctly too.

I’m not saying it does.
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Closing this thread - the forum isn't the place to discuss any kind of legal matters.

In regards to the original post - a refund can only be completed by whoever sold the product in the first place. If you purchased through the PlayStation store then asking them for a refund like you've done would be the only way.
This discussion has been closed.