On the way to Fifa 21!

SBaggio59
534 posts An Exciting Prospect
As FIFA 20 looks too much like Fifa 19, and I do not personally see a great use to get me the new album, because I own Fifa 19. I propose this topic to discuss the desires of the next Fifa.

I hope that Juventus will be back in FIFA 21. Knowing that FIFA 19 has the right, it is a setback for Fifa 20. I ask for a new graphics engine, the current engine has had its day, EA could have made a effort for the PC version.

Comments

• Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    No chance of a new graphics engine. Frostbite already made a video of what next-gen hair will look like on consoles.

But the power the new consoles will bring means they can take full advantage of the hardware. Graphics will look twice as good as they do now and the CPU will mean much better animations and physics.

I think stadiums and fans will be more brought to life. Also they may use ray tracing tech so lighting will look a lot more realistic. Players I hope will stop looking like dolls and have more realistic expressions when celebrating and any other instances. Coupled with a way better CPU, they'll move much more fluidly.

I'm not saying it will look photorealistic in Fifa 21, but it will be somewhat close. These consoles are the biggest jump we've ever had of any generation. PS3 to PS4 even before release, people said it wasn't anything major. Maybe now, but not then. Next-gen is going to be amazing.
  • I don't want to see FROSTBITE on the next generation to make another FIFA!
  • BGAlum
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero
    That is the thing though, for the PC version they could have easily pushed the envelope and started to develop and implement many of those options for improved graphics.

Consoles they are limited to the capabilities of the hardware, but for the PC version they could actually amp up everything, but have the user turn on those capabilities depending on the users hardware.

While these games are primarily console games, the developers are missing a great opportunity to push the boundaries on the PC platform... because they can. They don’t because they do not see the value in it.

PCs have capabilities consoles do not have... the ability to upgrade. Video cards, memory, etc.

So while you talk about the advancement in the consoles, I say big flipping deal... they are just trying to catch up to the capabilities of the PC/Laptop.

PS4 was a big step toward that... but alas, there is still a huge difference in capabilities.

The problem is other game makers have figured it out. GT Sport for example blows FIFA out of the water for graphics, so we know the capability is there for PS4. I am sure the same can be said of Xbox.

The point is the capability is there, but EA has yet to produce. You are banking on the new consoles to unlock more, but the truth is they are still not going to get there with this line of development.
  • BGAlum
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero
    BTW... the License battle should and probably will rage on for quite some time.

The deal with Konami is three years, so there will be no Juventus in FIFA for at least three years.
  • SBaggio59
    edited October 2019
    EA must create a game with different gameplays, it is no longer possible to make a single type of player. Choosing between an arcade mode and a simulation mode would be a solution.
    Post edited by SBaggio59 on
  • DYL_26
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I haven’t bought 20 either. Point blank refuse too. Baffles me that people have actually bought it after the juventus debacle. This can’t and must not be tolerated.
  • Master110
    1160 posts Professional
    The game will play the same as it does on current console. Last time they just ported the game to the new engine resulting in same gameplay but better graphics
  • Master110
    1160 posts Professional
    DYL_26 wrote: »
    I haven’t bought 20 either. Point blank refuse too. Baffles me that people have actually bought it after the juventus debacle. This can’t and must not be tolerated.

What do you mean after the debacle. Konami brought the rights to one team to stop and hurt EA sales. There is nothing ea can do about it and not buying the game over one team makes.me laugh
  • SBaggio59
    Master110 wrote: »
    DYL_26 wrote: »

What do you mean after the debacle. Konami brought the rights to one team to stop and hurt EA sales. There is nothing ea can do about it and not buying the game over one team makes.me laugh

This is the competition, EA released the Fifa 20 demo the day of the release of PES 20. What do you call this?
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Konami can buy the rights to Juventus if they want to? I don’t see how its a debacle?

The team is still in Fifa? Chill man.
  • BSDShoes
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    TBH this generation's consoles has aged quite well, many game devs has adapted to using the fullest potential of XB1/PS4. Looking forward to what next gen's potential holds.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    GPU and CPU are massively upgraded. These consoles will easily handle anything EA Sports throws at them. If they utilise the power fully, then they can make stadiums come to life as well as way better ball physics and animations. Not to mention the graphic upgrade. More a realistic look to it.

Not to say that it will be the finished article in Fifa 21 but from what we have now the difference will be night and day. Fifa towards the end of next-gen will look even better than Fifa 21 by some margin.

These consoles are a true next-gen experience. PS4 and Xbox One were only an average sized step up in comparison.
  • SBaggio59
    edited October 2019
    An arcade mode with a fast game.

"With missiles that can destroy players." No I'm kidding. :)
  • DYL_26 wrote: »

not everybody likes to ride the Ronaldo bandwagon lol.