Are people losing ranking games on purpose

RileyD
2293 posts Fans' Favourite
Some guy just destroyed me 4-2 (I was lucky it wasn't 8-2) in Division 6 and he was streets better than me.

This is my second year playing FUT and I didn't get the game to well after release last year.

Is this a thing early on?

Comments

• I was heavily tempted to purposely lose all 5, ended up winning 4 and losing 1 but I ended up in division 6 which surprised me I wasnt higher!
  • Hatetheplaye7
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    Games been out a few days he might not of played much rivals.....
  • AuKepone
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was heavily tempted to purposely lose all 5, ended up winning 4 and losing 1 but I ended up in division 6 which surprised me I wasnt higher!

I won 2 and lost 2, div 6 also.
  • RadioShaq
    18662 posts Moderator
    It will take a month or more for people to reach their level. Even then it’s hard to say how strict the matchmaking is during off hours to make up for speed of getting a game.
  • IPedro
    819 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2019
    AuKepone wrote: »
    I was heavily tempted to purposely lose all 5, ended up winning 4 and losing 1 but I ended up in division 6 which surprised me I wasnt higher!

I won 3 drew and lost the other 2 put me in div 5?
  • kaaasen
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    I lost all 5 and got placed in div 8. Then proceeded to lose another few to get relegated to div 9 where I can easily make sure I can do most existing and coming objectives with minimal effort.

It's cynical, but with very little time to play I feel it's the only way I'll be able to finish objectives.
  • oldboiler
    4776 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve been tanked in D5, in fact I quit 4 games in at row at one point, I’ve also tanked others...dynamic difficulty....shhhhh
  • Sandell85
    7683 posts League Winner

I ended up in div4 from that
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Nope I won 4 and drew 1 apparently from ea this is bang average and stuck me in div 5
    They don’t want people getting big rewards so early in the game by the looks of it
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    The problem is that similar to last year lower divisions have great rewards. Division 5 rank 1 is easy to get and still gives you very good packs. People will lose games to stay there for easier objectives
  • Chavez76
    9311 posts League Winner
    lost 2 won 2 drew 1 and got thrown in 7 :)

• lippyone
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    Makes sense to play in a division where you can relax, win games if you need to, and try and do weird objectives like trying to score a header with a one owner 75 rated 🎃🎃🎃🎃 German striker.

Who wants to be in a division where every game is a fight to the death.
  • Orison
    66712 posts Icon
    lippyone wrote: »
    Makes sense to play in a division where you can relax, win games if you need to, and try and do weird objectives like trying to score a header with a one owner 75 rated 🎃🎃🎃🎃 German striker.

Who wants to be in a division where every game is a fight to the death.

The aim is to get as good as possible not to smash as many trashbags as possible.

Also it takes 100 games to qualify for wl down there. In div 3+ it just takes a few.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Check how many skill points you lose after the match. If it's 15 points or less, your opponent is actually way higher than you in skill points (and likely Division too). You just happened to be matched with him because he was the only one available and valid (location, connection, etc) at the exact moment you searched for opponent.
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    this happened for me went 2-3 in placement matches kept finessing near post so couldnt finish once i started finesse far post wins came by easier and the matchmaking really wasnt fair tbh. started in div 7 currently div 5