When is the next squad update expected?

Comments

• saturator
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    OMG! what a total mess! What happen this year?
    6 days after release date, no good transfer file?
    Tomorrow i hope so!
  • Verdi42
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    ProJoe wrote: »
    It's September 29th and the summer transfers haven't even been done. Embarrassing.

We're still working on this.

We had hoped to have them in by now.

Understand the frustration with this one, it is something we want to get sorted as soon as possible.

I really hope you guys use FIFER’s help.
  • Just done the updates myself, took a few hours but all the squads are better, all the young players have been shipped off on free transfers on the top teams.

It’s worked for me but well shouldn’t have to do that ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Druski5150
    528 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just done the updates myself, took a few hours but all the squads are better, all the young players have been shipped off on free transfers on the top teams.

It’s worked for me but well shouldn’t have to do that ****.

You got more patience and dedication than I do. I am not going to do EA's work for them just to play the game. FIFA disc is back in the case till all this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is fixed and I am back to playing PES 2020 in the meantime.
  • EA_Andy wrote: »
    It's September 29th and the summer transfers haven't even been done. Embarrassing.

Understand the frustration with this one, it is something we want to get sorted as soon as possible.

If only you had wanted to get it sorted by launch eh? Can you explain what the problem was that meant you went to launch without a squad update but took people's money anyway? That is a serious question by the way.

I sympathise with you and other mods, you've been almost as let down by programmers as customers - hung out to dry by people who knew they were sending a broken product to launch.
  • Darthdowty
    82 posts Park Captain

Had the game for 10 days, this is not acceptable. How long should we be expected to wait?

I though the CL and EL had been sorted however just logged into game (on PC) still 12 months out of date?
  • bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Liam217 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy, I've asked you this before and I will again. How come the squads are completely up to date in FUT, but not the rest of the game? It is genuinely absolutely baffling and incredible to me. There cannot be a logical answer to this other than 'we only care about FUT'.

Not wishing in the slightest to jump to EAs defence, but apparently the Frostbite engine has become a completely unwieldy beast that is a mess and difficult to work with. This could well be why a seemingly simple thing like a squad update may well be causing bigger issues with the game. Still no excuse as they have ages to get it working before release but may explain why it's taking so long.
  • Aaron_Quinn99
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2019
    Lads what the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is going on with the squad updates, after paying good money for the game I would have expected all the squads to have been up to date, Absolutely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ raging over this haven’t played the game since Friday because it’s literally unplayable! I only bought it so I could try out career mode and I can’t even do that, you’d expect the game to be up to date by release date, Anyone wanna buy the game off me so I can go and purchase PES so I can actually enjoy the game
  • Saints92
    49 posts Park Captain
    bristolbob wrote: »
    @EA_Andy, I've asked you this before and I will again. How come the squads are completely up to date in FUT, but not the rest of the game? It is genuinely absolutely baffling and incredible to me. There cannot be a logical answer to this other than 'we only care about FUT'.

Not wishing in the slightest to jump to EAs defence, but apparently the Frostbite engine has become a completely unwieldy beast that is a mess and difficult to work with. This could well be why a seemingly simple thing like a squad update may well be causing bigger issues with the game. Still no excuse as they have ages to get it working before release but may explain why it's taking so long.

It was EA who ruined the Frostbite engine in the first place.
  • marcx666
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't get the issue with it, give me a few hours I can do all the squad updates myself using the tools in the game ffs. How does it takes you a week?
  • Liamsafc24
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    marcx666 wrote: »
    I don't get the issue with it, give me a few hours I can do all the squad updates myself using the tools in the game ffs. How does it takes you a week?

They blatantly dont care
  • Darthdowty
    82 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2019
    bristolbob wrote: »

I think it's more that it was built to be a FPS engine to begin with. Many articles for other developers online stating that it is incredibly difficult to program in, EA have a central support to assist devs using it. Funny thing is they complain that they never get help because FIFA gets it all.

Look up the articles on Kotaku, interesting reads.
  • Darthdowty
    82 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2019

@EA_Andy @EA_Lanna @EA_DarDar @EA_Rtas @EA_Cian

Can you at least explain what the difficulty is you are having to appease us somewhat. Most of us would understand it to be a simple database update which if it is makes you incompetent. However if not some explanation would help.

Surely it's embarrassing that Konami can sort there out in 2 days, you've had almost 2 weeks since the first people entered in Early Access. Not only that modders have sorted it. Really does make you look like you don't have a clue or more likely don't care.
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Darthdowty wrote: »

Can you at least explain what the difficulty is you are having to appease us somewhat. Most of us would understand it to be a simple database update which if it is makes you incompetent. However if not some explanation would help.

Surely it's embarrassing that Konami can sort there out in 2 days, you've had almost 2 weeks since the first people entered in Early Access. Not only that modders have sorted it. Really does make you look like you don't have a clue or more likely don't care.

There's not many details I can provide but we did run into some unexpected issues with getting the updates in-game, hence the hold up.

Everything always looks simple from the outside, but in reality it doesn't usually work out like that. We are fully aware of the frustration around this and are doing what we can to get these updates in-game as soon as possible.
  • Darthdowty
    82 posts Park Captain
    Darthdowty wrote: »

There's not many details I can provide but we did run into some unexpected issues with getting the updates in-game, hence the hold up.

Everything always looks simple from the outside, but in reality it doesn't usually work out like that. We are fully aware of the frustration around this and are doing what we can to get these updates in-game as soon as possible.

Agreed I don't get how developing a game works, but what I do know is your biggest and only rival fixed their game in a matter of days. You are looking at weeks, you are one of the biggest AAA gaming companies around so something isn't right here, either with the management of resource or with the engine itself.
  • Mango1984
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Crazy when they do answer it’s a complete bull shhhhhiteeeee reply that helps us out to understand in no way atall , it is that simple some 15 yr old lad has showed u how to fix it it’s ok for u to come on here and give us meaningless pointless un answered questions but it isn’t you who’s paid £75 for a ...... game that doesn’t work !!!
  • sssdfsd
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2019
    when updated fifa 20 squad enough for waiting out of patience I DELETE GAME DAMN!
    Post edited by sssdfsd on
  • Lukkee28 wrote: »
    [Champions / Ultimate Editions
    Hi all,

I've merged all the posts about squad updates into this one thread.

I've spoken to the team and we're working on getting a database update done to rectify these issues. I can't confirm at the moment exactly when this will be done but it's something we want to get in soon.

After that we will be looking to carry on with the more regular updates you would have seen in previous FIFA games.

So should we get a refund on our Champions / Ultimate Editions? As the whole point was to play the game 3 days early, alot of people have payed the extra money just for that! May aswell just buy the standard edition on Friday now...

Please don't keep spamming this across the forum.

There shouldn't be any issues accessing the game during your early access so it is very unlikely a refund would be given under these circumstances. Ultimately you would need to speak with whoever you purchased the game from.

@EA_Andy 'Ultimately' Andy, if I brought a cheese sandwich and I opened it and it was missing the cheese I would still get a refund, even if I was able to 'access' the sandwich.

😅😅 best analogy yet
  • É desconcertante. Jogo Fifa desde os primórdios, assinei o EA Access para ter acesso antecipadamente ao jogo, e até agora os elencos não estão atualizados. É um absurdo, até mesmo sem termos uma explicação mais direta.

Vou esperar mais um ou dois dias, se não resolver vou apagar o jogo e migrar para o PES pela primeira vez na vida. E Fifa nunca mais.
  • Mhmilagres wrote: »
    É desconcertante. Jogo Fifa desde os primórdios, assinei o EA Access para ter acesso antecipadamente ao jogo, e até agora os elencos não estão atualizados. É um absurdo, até mesmo sem termos uma explicação mais direta.

Vou esperar mais um ou dois dias, se não resolver vou apagar o jogo e migrar para o PES pela primeira vez na vida. E Fifa nunca mais.

ı TOTALY AGREED YOU !!!!!!
  • jmcl18
    1 posts Ball Boy
    @EA_Andy shame on you guys. How it is possible a global football game of FIFA being launched without the correct squads? you only care about money. you don't care about costumers.
  • I think they do it on purpose. they are looking for ultimate use and earning money from there. money on their troubles they know nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ea are u there ? of course not !
  • jmcl18 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy shame on you guys. How it is possible a global football game of FIFA being launched without the correct squads? you only care about money. you don't care about costumers.

I think they do it on purpose. they are looking for ultimate use and earning money from there. money on their troubles they know nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bro
  • Nunca imaginei que a EA faria como a Ubisoft fez em AC Unity. Lançaram um jogo BUGADO. Que atrasassem o lançamento, então.
  • James89
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @EA_Andy so if i understand correctly its taken a month for you to get squads up to date and still we wait