Bit of 'Feedback'.

Rohan_G
4 posts Ball Boy
edited September 2019
A letter to EA Sports,

I understand that creating a video game, is a lot of work, and you have to do all that work within the time constraints that you do, developing and releasing a game every year, at about the same time.
Sounds pretty difficult, I certainly couldn't do it.

HOWEVER, FIFA 20 is a mess. Like genuinely a mess.

The Gameplay;

It's pretty good, I like the way the game feels and the way the games flow. Possibly a little bit frustrating, but I do feel like that could have been because it's a different game, I usually find FIFA games a little bit frustrating to start anew.

But, I think that when you're a defender, and you're tackling a player, from a good position,with the ball in full view, the ball bounces back to the attacking player FAR too often.

There is a bug when you are kicking off, where a winger will be stood at your own corner flag for kick off, that's super annoying.

Goalkeepers seem to be idiots, and very slow.

The passing seems quite good, maybe get intercepted too often. That could just take a little bit of getting used to I also like that fast players feel fast, unless I am defending.

I'm also a big fan of Co-op Seasons, however there are so many issues with set pieces, and there are some amazing bugs on there. I've taken penalties and free kicks, without being in the sort of set piece mode where you are behind the player. Which doesn't sound that bad, but in reality, that is game breaking, as in those situations, you cannot see what you are doing in the slightest.

The Menu's and Navigation;

I HATE THE MENU's and navigating the hubs. I've played FIFA since 2004, and UT since 2013 and it is like you have taken 6 years of muscle memory and common sense and just carefully slipped that into a bin so we can all start again, I'm sure that after a bit of time familiarising with navigating the game it'd be less annoying, but at the moment when doing SBC's and just building my own team, it's such a battle to do what I want to do.

There is also a bug where when you are searching for an item and you set the price too high, you could buy the player/item for cheaper so you lower the 'Buy it Now' price and press 'Search' it'll do it twice. Annoying.

Career Mode;

This is probably my favourite game mode across past FIFA titles, I've always enjoyed playing career modes, even though EA's focus has tended towards UT in recent times. But this year the game is borderline unplayable. Or so I've heard, as I haven't touched the game mode myself, as I feel I'd have been too frustrated. Sounds like there are about 1000 bugs there, and after all the hype from the announcements etc, it sounded like career mode was going to be well looked after this year, and it seems that not only does it seem unfinished, but GROSSLY neglected.

Really very disappointing.

I am currently looking into returning the game in order to be refunded, and I think I'll be waiting for these issues (and the numerous others) to be resolved.

In future, I'd suggest some proper beta testing, because paying £50 for a fully released game, from a company as large as EA Sports, only for that game to feel and play like it is in a beta phase.
I hope you are working hard to rectify this, as many of your audience and consumers, are disenchanted with the franchise, and very unhappy with this title.

Sincerely,
Rohan G
Post edited by Rohan_G on

Comments

• BGAlum
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well stated...
  • Well said but EA don't care...
  • china2991
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FIFA has been a mess since they introduced the whole strength tussling thing they have literally no idea how to balance it and this is probably why the attackers win the ball back instantly so much.

The game is just completely unbalanced they try to hide game flaws with certain features by overpowering other features, If it wasn't for OP blocks and some dumb shooting that makes me shoot straight half the time i'd score 20 goals a game, These game play mechanics are clearly meant to be OP to make up for how goddamn easy it is to get shots on goal.

and i will tell you why PACE is such a problem its because there's no goddamn midfield in this game every attack the midfield is instantly bypassed, i say bypassed i don't even know where the midfielders are they literally vanish when defending. You can clearly see that the 1 on 1 situations mechanic has been spread like a disease across the whole pitch forcing each player to find itself alone. They also said beating players would be easier well that was some BS. You just hold contain again and wait for them to run into you. All you can do now is twist and turn 100 times at 100mph while the defender stands there and says wtf are you doing.
  • The Midfield does seem to just disappear, and a lot of counter attacking situations can just peter out as central midfielders just stand still and watch at times.
  • JazzIsName
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rohan_G wrote: »
    The Midfield does seem to just disappear, and a lot of counter attacking situations can just peter out as central midfielders just stand still and watch at times.

I have seen a fair amount of this but I'm not judging it yet. I think it may be a matter of finding the right formation and tactics for your team. Only time will tell.
  • Thanks for the support, I do hope they take a bit of notice (:
  • JazzIsName wrote: »
    The Midfield does seem to just disappear, and a lot of counter attacking situations can just peter out as central midfielders just stand still and watch at times.

I have seen a fair amount of this but I'm not judging it yet. I think it may be a matter of finding the right formation and tactics for your team. Only time will tell.

I think you're probably right, I think there needs to be a bit of leeway in that sense, like I said above there are a few things I find frustrating about the gameplay, but I do think that part of that is that the game is new, still sort of working out what works.
  • blue166
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    JazzIsName wrote: »

I think you're probably right, I think there needs to be a bit of leeway in that sense, like I said above there are a few things I find frustrating about the gameplay, but I do think that part of that is that the game is new, still sort of working out what works.

Yeah people need to spend more time on the game. Too many kneej3rk reactions.

I think the gameplay is the best yet in a FIFA title.

I know Career mode is screwed up. But EA will have that fixedin the next week or two.
  • bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2019
    The problem OP, is that this is basically the same FIFA since this gen of consoles has come out. Each year its basically just a tweak of the last and not built from the ground up. Therefore they have no excuses for the bugs and sloppiness that has existed in FIFA for the last 3 or 4 games. I understand that gameplay is subjective and hard to code human behaviour in ai players, but the obvious bugs,in career mode especially
    ,Are inexcusable for a AAA multi billion pound company.
  • bristolbob wrote: »
    The problem OP, is that this is basically the same FIFA since this gen of consoles has come out. Each year its basically just a tweak of the last and not built from the ground up. Therefore they have no excuses for the bugs and sloppiness that has existed in FIFA for the last 3 or 4 games. I understand that gameplay is subjective and hard to code human behaviour in ai players, but the obvious bugs,in career mode especially
    ,Are inexcusable for a AAA multi billion pound company.

You're absolutely bang on.
  • blue166 wrote: »

Yeah people need to spend more time on the game. Too many kneej3rk reactions.

I think the gameplay is the best yet in a FIFA title.

I know Career mode is screwed up. But EA will have that fixedin the next week or two.

I'll spend more time when career mode is fixed. If it gets fixed. Absolutely pointless until then as that is the sole mode I bought the game for.

It shouldn't take a week to fix CM, it should have been fine at launch. Massive issues, there were threads here, on twitter clearly showing issues in the "Beta". Had there been a competent play test process, this would have come to light long ago, with adequate time to get it ship shape.

But given EA"s focus on $$$MTX$$$ and the fact that this mode has essentially been left to rot for years doesn't bode well at all. Just showcases how little they care about the customers like me who don't fork over extra cash. We all know if FUT was jacked up they'd have had everybody working through the weekend to fix A$AP.

Insert stereotypical "slap in the face" comment/gif here.