Why did Volta flop so hard?

GT500
729 posts Semi-Pro
Was really looking forward to this game mode but haven’t played it once and I’ve had no motivation to. What do you think went wrong?

Comments

• OZero
    6868 posts Big Money Move
    No online games
  • VagisilFC
    1466 posts Play-Off Hero
    GT500 wrote: »
    Was really looking forward to this game mode but haven’t played it once and I’ve had no motivation to. What do you think went wrong?

You were looking forward to it but never even tried it...... makes sense
  • deang07
    8351 posts League Winner
    needs online n co op
  • Ishibum
    14550 posts Has That Special Something
    This needs to be pro clubs
  • NotdaGOAT
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ishibum wrote: »
    This needs to be pro clubs

I will massively second that ! 👍👍👍
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 2019
    It's a good idea, but feel they should've made it more like Fifa street. Going the realistic route doesn't suit the mode. An arcade route would've been more fitting with lots of crazy boosts.
  • Boommaametw3
    2875 posts National Call-Up
    You didn't even try it lmao
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    Can only speak for me but I couldnt care less about Journey or Volta or what not. Focus on creating a good football game. If you manage that for once, go ahead and add some other modes if you want..
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite

If you have not played it how do you know it is wrong?

• Ruffy
    495 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2019
    It needs online? It does have an online mode lol.

Wtf at people complaining about volta and not even started the mode.
  • RTG20
    705 posts Semi-Pro
    I was really looking forward to trying this new restaurant that opened up the other week.

I never went there though, not sure why it flopped so hard.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2019
    Volta flopped because FUT and pro clubs are fun again.
    RTG20 wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to trying this new restaurant that opened up the other week.

I never went there though, not sure why it flopped so hard.

Same man. Been trying to get a reservation at an elusive restaurant called Dorsia. :>
  • Traphouse420
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't know just feels mehhhh to me. Again going for realism just ruins it, supposed to be a fun game mode. Skills feel just as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ as they do on standard game, oh and don't get me started on ❤️❤️❤️❤️ rebounds. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ rebounds everywhere.
  • Fab
    19472 posts World Class
    played against my mate but this was terrible man they really dropped the ball
  • Delvinho
    2138 posts Fans' Favourite
    deang07 wrote: »
    needs online n co op

• xFATAL
    5034 posts Big Money Move
    Tried it and it was pretty bad. So many cut scenes I had to turn it off.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    'Cause this ain't 2k.
  • GT500
    729 posts Semi-Pro
    The movements are weird but hard to describe.... it’s almost rubbery and weirdly flexible yet stiff at the same time
  • Fab
    19472 posts World Class
    The movements are weird but hard to describe.... it’s almost rubbery and weirdly flexible yet stiff at the same time

yeah movements didnt fit for the mode tbh
  • GT500
    729 posts Semi-Pro
    VagisilFC wrote: »

You were looking forward to it but never even tried it...... makes sense

It has no appeal to me for whatever reason. Played kickoff Volta and was underwhelmed. If they add co op it could be fun to mess around d but it doesn’t seem to have longevity like I was hoping for. I had expectations it would be like MyPark but it doesn’t seem the case.
  • starfox1284
    2508 posts Fans' Favourite
    The mode wasnt any good on the beta....no reason to play it whatsoever.
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero

I think you answered your own question... if you were looking forward to it, yet have yet to take the time to even try it.
  • RadioShaq
    16046 posts Moderator
    The mode would probably do better if people tried it.
  • Verdi42
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    I actually like it, but not for too long. Then it gets boring. For now it’s a fine alternative while waiting for career mode to get fixed. And I prefer the realistic approach they took. The only thing that’s really bad is the story and the acting.
  • MarioBamba
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Because it's boring, we expected fifa street, but we get fifa 20 (19/18/17) in a tiny pitch
  • RedDevil123
    440 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2019
    Tried it today and thought it was awful. Every time an opponent shoots they score. Either my players just watch the ball go by them or I block the shot which results in the ball dropping straight back to the opponent and being put in the net before the blocking animation from the original shot even finishes.
  • Pwalie86
    1512 posts Play-Off Hero
    As a strictly career mode fan I actually like Volta. Playing that online is accurate more than FUT will ever be. Fast paced action with lots of skills. I've not played online yet, but I'm getting Xbox Live to play it in the coming days.

Wish they had more branded clothing though. Also more hairstyles needed!

Volta is such a good mode. The only that will spoil it would be microtransactions.
  • Sh4h_-_7
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah it has online and futsal league which is actually good
    They missed out on
    Co op online
    Pro clubs
    And a play friends
  • Dave2829
    239 posts Sunday League Hero
    Because it's not fifa street lol
  • Boly
    9 posts Ball Boy
    Less and less fun, just hose-the-user AI. The shot accuracy and defensive reactions have been slid to zero for the user and to 100 for AI. Brilliant.