FIFA 20 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• nao619
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    nao619 wrote: »
    Anyone know why Sofifa doesn’t display images of the players now?

Anyone know?
  • I'll say this one last time because there is a lot of misinformation in this thread. New faces for previously generic players are added via both patch and a squad update. Patch adds the player model to the game files, squad update alters the database and changes a, let's call it "Real Face", value to "Yes" from the default "No". So unless Joao Felix face is already in the default game files, we will need both patch and squad update before it's in the game.
  • Kasa
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    efcrmcf wrote: »
    @EA_Andy First of all, gameplay offline is GREAT.

But...

The brand new player's edition mode is a headache. Ruined it completely. If you touch anything on a player (put on gloves, for example) and the player is RWB, LWB, CM, CF, RW or LW, then his position changes automatically!

It also removes second, third, et. preferred positions if you change a player position. For example, Arda Turan comes as LM (and CM as second position). If you switch it to MD, then it delete the CM position too!

And finally, EVERYTIME you edit a player, it goes to the main page and you have to re-enter to continue editing... It's a nightmare!

The last part also baffles me, it will take ages to edit players to your liking
  • pipopazzo33
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Steven1717 wrote: »
    All I do is play career mode.

But, you wold think if they gave faces to all the players we here all talk about it would benefit FUT as well?

Make it more Authentic, and destroy PES as a competitor.

If they added everyone’s faces, had monthly face updates like madden does, and every year added a different aspect to career mode - it’s over.

Wishful thinking my friends.

As for now, let’s hope everything is fixed in this patch later today.

Whats the point if faces get lost when the player becomes free agent... retorical
  • pipopazzo33
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    https://imgur.com/a/BUr1xAN
    Maybe that was the problem with the updated squads on friday
    Another thing is that the ROTW section isnt available in edit player
    Makes me wonder what kind of glitches and bugs we will encounter when they go next gen?....
    Anyone remembers the WC2014 video game when you edited a player all aquads became messed up. That was never fixed
    Ill buy both fifa and pes till I die of old age but I should know better than to expect better
    What is the purpose of having BETA version?....
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero
    Given EA lost over $600 million in stock value when the Juventus deal with Konami was announced maybe they have had to cut back on staff to do things?

Seems to me making FIFA good would be a priority.
  • CR1986
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2019
    https://imgur.com/a/BUr1xAN
    Maybe that was the problem with the updated squads on friday
    Another thing is that the ROTW section isnt available in edit player
    Makes me wonder what kind of glitches and bugs we will encounter when they go next gen?....
    Anyone remembers the WC2014 video game when you edited a player all aquads became messed up. That was never fixed
    Ill buy both fifa and pes till I die of old age but I should know better than to expect better
    What is the purpose of having BETA version?....

And that’s the main problem, you guys are responsible for this mess because you buy the game out of desperation and that stops EA from improving the game. FIFA 21 would be mind blowing and absolutely amazing if enough people would start to boycott and stop buying FIFA 20 as that would hurt the shareholders of EA and make them put pressure on the developers to produce an innovative game with tons of improvements like an improved career mode and more licensed teams, leagues and scanned players in order to encourage and convince gamers to spend their hard earned money for the game again, but why should EA invest money for working hours and new innovation when they already know that people will still buy the game, regardless of bugs, glitches etc.?! So they reduce the costs by not adding any new features and maximizing the profit instead. I hate to say this but I have to praise EA for that because they know that and have developed a very efficient way of milking the last pennies out of you guys and as a result, they run a very well oiled machine of profit
    Post edited by CR1986 on
  • Iv9
    54 posts Park Captain
    Origi waited and waited for an update and looks like he would rather update himself to look like in Fifa 20. He got a haircut in real life. Lol.
  • KleoD
    82 posts Park Captain
    Pedders8 wrote: »
    Have to agree with the post about false advertising!! I mean the career mode simply can't have been tested, I spotted errors within the first 5 minutes, on new features that were promoted heavily by EA to sell us the game. This is the worst start to a FIFA series I've seen and it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

From someone who played beta and career mode none of these issues was in that version.

• @EA_Andy mentioned earlier in this thread that they have licensing issues with free agents, but what about Whitecaps’ Tosaint Ricketts and Royal Antwerp’s Dieumerci Mbokani faces?? Both teams are licensed and both players are in-game since the game is out, so there’s no excuse for removing their starheads, right?
  • ManzGOTIT
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    Legit, wtf do I do now that I can’t play Career Mode? I was saving Volta to play that during later in the the year but EA are always there to F up plans... so annoyed ffs
  • TeamExtreme17
    2900 posts National Call-Up
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Legit, wtf do I do now that I can’t play Career Mode? I was saving Volta to play that during later in the the year but EA are always there to F up plans... so annoyed ffs

I'm playing VOLTA and Master League in PES.
  • miggyman
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any ETA for the face patch? (PSG, Lyon, Joao Felix, Atletico players, etc) @EA_Andy
  • OptimusFawkes
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    miggyman wrote: »
    Any ETA for the face patch? (PSG, Lyon, Joao Felix, Atletico players, etc) @EA_Andy

Sorry but I totally missed something. Are there faces coming for Lyon?
  • Moose Factory
    4589 posts National Call-Up

Man I remember how pumped and diligent you were last year just asking for them to add João Felix. Unfortunately these guys don’t say much until something is actually released. So I know you don’t want to hear it but you just have to be patient.
  • miggyman

Man I remember how pumped and diligent you were last year just asking for them to add João Felix. Unfortunately these guys don’t say much until something is actually released. So I know you don’t want to hear it but you just have to be patient.

I was patient man, I swear.... but it all changed when they advertised his face in the trailers with Kaka and Rio, with FUT cards, with actual gameplay... I was like okay Imma purchase the Champions Ed. then they put out a trailer with his face and it said September 27

To be fair, they didn't say 2019... Right? @EA_Andy
  • JakeRoden
    75 posts Park Captain

Everyone hates this ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Allsports92
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Sorry but I totally missed something. Are there faces coming for Lyon?

It was rumored by nonoloko who gives information out and knows some people that work in ea , they feed him info , he said they went to scan the team late in August around the time psg got scanned , but we did not see anything on social media, but nonoloko is credible to some degree , but at this point it’s just getting our hopes high , if they don’t even have nap Felix in the game right now what makes me believe lyon will be in this year , it takes them years and years
  • bakd
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Just started a career with Hannover in BL2. And I can confirm the game is broken.
    The issue with Manchester City not using their best players - is the same in other leagues as well.

First league match I played against Stuttgarts Reserve Team + Ascacibar. I won the game 5-0 (on legendary)

I don't even bother to play this game anymore before they have fixed it.
  • Disgruntledas
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Stop buying the game, like honestly they give zero ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about any of you, and if you have bought it take it back, the product is incomplete and not as advertised you have rights as a consumer. Honestly do your self a favour because at this rate there will not be an update any time soon (unless it hurts there bottom line) and fifa 21 will be the exact same circus 🎪 next year
  • TeamExtreme17
    2900 posts National Call-Up
    What's the most up to date list of ALL new starheads in Fifa 20?
  • ManzGOTIT
    edited September 2019
    I’m so desperate to start career mode

Literally just wasted a weekend doing nothing because EA are F-ers

I don’t know what more to say. It’s just pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

EDIT: As if they updated the squads and CL groups and then un-updated it... how can you explain this BS????
  • Pwalie86
    1495 posts Play-Off Hero

Do what I'm planning to do tomorrow when I get the game. Start a career in an obscure league where you don't know who the good teams are lol.

I booked a week off from work for Fifa 20 so I'll be damned if I don't make something of it haha.
  • ManzGOTIT
    Pwalie86 wrote: »

Do what I'm planning to do tomorrow when I get the game. Start a career in an obscure league where you don't know who the good teams are lol.

I booked a week off from work for Fifa 20 so I'll be damned if I don't make something of it haha.

Damn that’s a shame and annoyed me more that you booked off for no reason lol
    But I’ll try that, which league you gunna go for?
  • So all the alternate kits have disappeared, there hasn't been a word on any fixes for CM or any of the edit/create player problems. I went to create Erling Håland in create a player, which I actually got really close to likeness in Fifa 19, and the player creation is even worse in Fifa 20 than 19. We all know how bad Fifa 19 was for editing and player creation, but Fifa 20 has actually outdone it in crapness. Fifa 20 is not only half-finished, it's a total design failure. The starheads on the pitch (even though there's still over half the game's players missing) look really good, but the player control and manoeuvrability/agility is so sloppy and poor than the gameplay's positives are totally void, especially on the defensive end.

CM is totally unplayable until the game is literally overhauled, which is stunning in the worst possible way. I don't want to take the game back because that's just the easy way out for them. In terms of false advertising, this is basically class action-worthy. It's actually worse than 2K
  • well done EA you have just bucked up fifa. game play ❤️❤️❤️❤️ defending ❤️❤️❤️❤️ have to find a new game now thanks for nothing.
  • miggyman
    How long does it usually take for Sony to release/approve a patch once it's been submitted to them?