Fifa 20 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    25834 posts Player of the Year
    Ashy wrote: »
    Well some good news there is a squad update now so all the squads are correct and also all kits have been added in

EDIT and UCL/EL groups updated

Is it safe to start a CM now?
  • Ashy
    12603 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Well some good news there is a squad update now so all the squads are correct and also all kits have been added in

EDIT and UCL/EL groups updated

Is it safe to start a CM now?

No
  • Chris
    5568 posts Big Money Move
    It's an actual joke. And EA's response has just been, "Alright calm down we know it exists"

Like the whole reason I buy FIFA is for CM and right now we can't even play it
  • Ashy
    Things I've seen wrong and this is just with RB Leipzig since I want to do a story with them.

Ethan Ampadu loaned out from Chelsea to Leipzig but on Fifa 20 he's there permanently.
    Timo Werner doesn't have a release clause and still has 1 year left on his contract when he actually signed a new one before September.

Makes me think many other things are not done properly
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Things I've seen wrong and this is just with RB Leipzig since I want to do a story with them.

Ethan Ampadu loaned out from Chelsea to Leipzig but on Fifa 20 he's there permanently.
    Timo Werner doesn't have a release clause and still has 1 year left on his contract when he actually signed a new one before September.

Makes me think many other things are not done properly

That loan thing happens a lot. Especially with the Chelsea loan army. They just have so many players, that the ones out on loan usually are just left as permanaent moves because there team would be to big the following year. Contracts don’t surprise me either to be honest. One of those small things you can fix in game for your own team at least.
  • ESexton18
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Was hoping for good news, but sounds like nothings been fixed for the "full release".
  • Ashy
    edited September 2019
    ESexton18 wrote: »
    Was hoping for good news, but sounds like nothings been fixed for the "full release".

So far they have only fixed squad updates, kits and UCL table
    Biggest problem right now is the AI starting 11
  • Chris
    AI starting 11 which leads to messed up League Tables

It's literally 5 values you have to change, there's a child who mods FIFA who already fixed it ffs
  • Alastair
    10246 posts Moderator
    I've been speaking to Andy today and he's said bug reports are being dealt with on AHQ not these forums so please post any bugs you have there. The thread for CM issues is here.
  • Danimal5981
    2558 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was about to start a CM, but it turns out the database is back to version pre-Sept 26.
    All transfers and group draws not updated again, or still.
  • Ahmer50x
    I was about to start a CM, but it turns out the database is back to version pre-Sept 26.
    All transfers and group draws not updated again, or still.

I started one last night and the rosters were fine?
  • Ashy
    Apparently the latest squad update, kits and UCL groups has been reverted for some reason, I know it worked because I saw it with my own eyes earlier.

Not that it matters because I wont start my CM until the starting 11 glitch is fixed and by the looks of Corey's responses on twitter its not coming in patch 1
  • Ahmer50x
    edited September 2019
    If the patch is that delayed, I'm honestly thinking of just starting using the save I made last night with the corrected squads and dealing with the mixed appearances.

Really don't want to wait 6 weeks to start.
  • Ashy
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    If the patch is that delayed, I'm honestly thinking of just starting using the save I made last night with the corrected squads and dealing with the mixed appearances.

Really don't want to wait 6 weeks to start.

I kind of want to but it wont feel like an achievement winning the Bundesliga with Leipzig when Bayern are mid-table
  • I'm going to start my CM tonight. The weird standings have been in place for a few years so I'll just deal with it for now. Hopefully a patch comes in the future.

Barca and Madrid must be good enough that benching key players doesn't matter. My three simulations had them at the top each time. Only issue is the top scorers were strange.
  • Ashy
    What I might do is get rid of the youngsters and put them in random leagues, the really bad 60 rated ones that way there is less rotation
  • Ashy wrote: »
    What I might do is get rid of the youngsters and put them in random leagues, the really bad 60 rated ones that way there is less rotation

I know that worked in FIFA 18.
  • WestardLord
    2025 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2019
    So frustrated with this situation right now. I was expecting to start a long-term, deep story by now but I'm almost totally discouraged.

It feels like we could have a totally different game on our hands after a few patches, so like, what's the point of starting a save now, especially when updates don't affect saved games?

• So frustrated with this situation right now. I was expecting to start a long-term, deep story by now but I'm almost totally discouraged.

It feels like we could have a totally different game on our hands after a few patches, so like, what's the point of starting a save now, especially when updates don't affect saved games?

If they update the starting XI bug, will it fix a career already in progress?
  • Ashy
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    So frustrated with this situation right now. I was expecting to start a long-term, deep story by now but I'm almost totally discouraged.

We dont know, but either way you dont want to play half a season with that bug and half without tables will be still messed up
  • WestardLord
    2025 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don't think it does.

In the past, the only things that patches seem to change in saves in progress are cosmetics like kits, player minifaces, starheads, and logos.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    LAboog4 wrote: »

I highly doubt it 😢 The coding for it is probably a nightmare that they have over complicated. Considering they can’t even get the other league tables to properly update after saves, I don’t have much hope that they can apply it to an already in progress season. Such a cluster ****
  • Chris
    Pretty much no update can change an existing CM, it's literally only gameplay. Even cosmetic changes don't show
  • Ashy
    Well it's one way to kill career mode, just bin the mess and focus on building from the ground up for next gen
  • Danimal5981
    2558 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2019
    So, below was the Ajax squad according to the database of September 26. This is good, the squad is according to how they've played this month. Dolberg has transferred to Nice, De Wit to AZ Alkmaar and Magallan is on loan to Alaves. All is as it should be, more or less. UCL and UEL groups on this day were also okay.

wPQbvhU.png

Now, one day later; yesterday september 27th, all has returned to the August 22nd state, all transferred and loaned out players have returned. Even starting XI have returned to the Super Cup game on August 3rd. UEFA Group draws have returned to 2019 versions. All in all, database was good for one day only...

ctEVK4z.png
  • theroyalschamp
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hi folk
  • Ashy wrote: »

First gameplay update will be in a week or two it sounds like. Who knows when the first CM update will be then.
  • sviraman
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What is so bad about waiting a couple weeks to start a CM? It's not a race. I for one am not planning on buying the new game until maybe November, if at all. Let them fix it first.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    sviraman wrote: »
    What is so bad about waiting a couple weeks to start a CM? It's not a race. I for one am not planning on buying the new game until maybe November, if at all. Let them fix it first.

Well I mean releasing a game with this many issues is pretty messed up 😂

Don’t know anyone who buys a game hoping they have to wait weeks for it to be fixed 🤦‍♂️
This discussion has been closed.