Career Mode Disappoints Again

Comments

• Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    ^Current squads I believe are fixed, but the bug with AI weakened teams still to be persisting. It's a joke, really. Plus I think all the other bugs seem to be in the full release too.
  • JazzIsName
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    FM11 wrote: »
    It’s officially release date here in America, and I just woke up and heading to work.
    I need to know, have EA released a patch to fix career mode
    1.current squads
    2.allowed for the big teams to complete in leagues

Call me a nerd but my Friday night will be ruined if I don’t get the answer I’m looking for?

1: Yes
    2: Apparently not but I am now going to start a career mode and have a look for myself to see how bad this issue really is.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    JazzIsName wrote: »
    FM11 wrote: »
    It’s officially release date here in America, and I just woke up and heading to work.
    1.current squads

Call me a nerd but my Friday night will be ruined if I don’t get the answer I’m looking for?

1: Yes
    2: Apparently not but I am now going to start a career mode and have a look for myself to see how bad this issue really is.

Looks like I'm sticking to Fifa 19 until they patch it in.
  • FM11 wrote: »
    1.current squads

DON'T BUY THE GAME if you haven't already.

There has been no patch yet to fix career mode, and there is no indication when there will be one (just look through the various forums and threads to see that the EA mods have given us no information at all)

Apparently there has been a squad update, but I've read a few things that it still isn't 100% accurate.
  • In customisation I removed all the youngsters from the top EPL teams leaving them with squads of 22 players reducing how much they can rotate. Half way through simmed season I’ve got Liverpool, City, Spurs, United top 4
  • MJHD91
    71 posts Park Captain
    Neilmac23 wrote: »
    In customisation I removed all the youngsters from the top EPL teams leaving them with squads of 22 players reducing how much they can rotate. Half way through simmed season I’ve got Liverpool, City, Spurs, United top 4

This is actually a good idea
  • So ended with Spurs winning league on 88 points. Kane played 32 games. Liverpool 2nd with 79 points, Salah, Mane, Firmino and VVD all played 30 plus games. City third on 78, Aguero played 37 matches scored 26 goals (they sold Jesus). You still get Ederson 21 games Bravo 16. But can’t win them all. What’s shocking is I can sit down spend 45 minutes and sim a season to see what’s going on? Do they test this?
    Otherwise just same issues as last half a dozen FIFA not quite enough goals in the simmed matches and too many draws, I don’t know if anyone involved in creating career mode is really interested or follows football in real life
  • Eddie
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    So ended with Spurs winning league on 88 points. Kane played 32 games. Liverpool 2nd with 79 points, Salah, Mane, Firmino and VVD all played 30 plus games. City third on 78, Aguero played 37 matches scored 26 goals (they sold Jesus). You still get Ederson 21 games Bravo 16. But can’t win them all. What’s shocking is I can sit down spend 45 minutes and sim a season to see what’s going on? Do they test this?
    Otherwise just same issues as last half a dozen FIFA not quite enough goals in the simmed matches and too many draws, I don’t know if anyone involved in creating career mode is really interested or follows football in real life

That’s always been a suspicion of mine...I’m not sure many of these devs are football people. I’d happily offer my time to act in a consultancy role to advise them on things just to make the game realistic but they won’t be interested.

It’s all about making it seem as though they’re doing something as opposed to actually doing it. That seems to be the devs role at ea. Let’s add a new skin and re-add features we’ve previously removed whilst ignoring long-term bugs...anyone could do it
  • Eddie
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Just seen a screenshot on twitter...someone simmed a PL season and the teams ended up playing 76 matches 😂😂😂
  • Alemas_2012
    22065 posts Club Captain
    Pretty sure that simmed matches simply consist of the equivalent of rolled dice, it's never an actual simulation.
  • Demonknight
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2019
    I didn’t spend money on FIFA 20 to play last years career mode with the addition of FIFA Street! The only updates you did was give the stupid and annoying transfer negotiation a new background, give the teams moral bar and let me interact more with players. You did nothing to fix the game to what we the fans want. What football/soccer team only trains 5 players a week? This is a garbage game and I wish I could get my money back. This will be the last time I purchase FIFA until real improvement to career mode is made. Finally you could at least allow the game to follow the new FIFA rules of allowing a goal kick to be passed inside the 18 yard box but I guess that would mean you would of had to try even just a little bit.
  • marcx666
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • cjhilll44
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    this is one of the biggest games by one of the biggest franchises yet it seems a bunch of 5 year olds could have managed this better.

This game has been in beta for WEEKS. These CM bugs have been known for WEEKS.

If this mode had been tested at all why were these bugs not fixed before release? Its pure laziness. In the days before online updates/patches games had to be FINISHED upon release. Just because there is the ability to patch games does not make it acceptable to release a game which clearly is nowhere near finished.

It is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE to then be told that a fix has no timeframe, in fact it is an insult to everyone who has spent hard earned cash on this game in good faith.

Plus nobody from EA has the decency to come on here and apologise/explain why this has happened.

The only tweet I have seen explains how fixes have to be identified, tested and signed off. Now, I have worked in QA testing environments before and what I want to know is how the hell this was signed off as complete!

Its an absolute disgrace and a very damaging day for EA Sports.
  • DanielA-NUFC
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It seems it’s only the premier league that is broken table wise
  • Addicksfan
    3586 posts National Call-Up
    cjhilll44 wrote: »
    this is one of the biggest games by one of the biggest franchises yet it seems a bunch of 5 year olds could have managed this better.

This game has been in beta for WEEKS. These CM bugs have been known for WEEKS.

If this mode had been tested at all why were these bugs not fixed before release? Its pure laziness. In the days before online updates/patches games had to be FINISHED upon release. Just because there is the ability to patch games does not make it acceptable to release a game which clearly is nowhere near finished.

It is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE to then be told that a fix has no timeframe, in fact it is an insult to everyone who has spent hard earned cash on this game in good faith.

Plus nobody from EA has the decency to come on here and apologise/explain why this has happened.

The only tweet I have seen explains how fixes have to be identified, tested and signed off. Now, I have worked in QA testing environments before and what I want to know is how the hell this was signed off as complete!

Its an absolute disgrace and a very damaging day for EA Sports.

I think the answer your looking for is:-

EA employee A - Hey, I hear there are major problems with Career Mode...
    EA Employee B - Oh no, really???, Is FUT OK??
    EA employee A - Yeah FUT's running like a dream, got promo packs in the store and the points are a flowing....
    EA Employee B - Awesome........
  • cjhilll44
    In customisation I removed all the youngsters from the top EPL teams leaving them with squads of 22 players reducing how much they can rotate. Half way through simmed season I’ve got Liverpool, City, Spurs, United top 4

I'm actually going to give this one a go! What happens when clubs buy/sell players? Do the new signings start or are they just benched?
  • Lukkee28
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I do not repect or understand @EACoreySA response on twitter and everyone shouldn't too. He's just tired to polish a terd and guess what it still looks 🎃🎃🎃🎃 🎃🎃🎃🎃.

🎃🎃🎃🎃 off man.
  • Eddie wrote: »
    Just seen a screenshot on twitter...someone simmed a PL season and the teams ended up playing 76 matches 😂😂😂

I started player career mode... split my team between Player and Manager offline modes, connection in South America sucks, so the way to play.

Player Career mode is normally neglected, this year a dumpster fire.

For my fellow Toffee above, the team sent Mina out on loan (to Lille), that was the big transfer move. No cover brought in.

Opening day at Selhurst park saw, from back to front:

Pickford

Martina - Foulds 61 - Lewis Gibson 61 (?WHO?) - Digne (Mina loaned out, Seamus, Keane riding the bench)

Gomes - Baningime 68 (Delph 79, Gbamin 79, Schniderlin 77 all watching)

Richarlison - (my player) - Anthony Gordon 59 (?WHO?) (Bernard 80, Iwobi 79 both LW options on bench)

Striker - grab a beer, as it will take some time to go down the depth chart. Not Kean, nor DCL. Nor Tosun. Or Niasse. Sandro and Hornby are loaned. Mampala broke his toe 25min into a pre-season tourney match (and was kept in until about 68th minute) ... so we went with Ellis Simms.

I hope each year is the year they take a few minutes from focusing on legalized gambling to bleed players wallets to devote to a minor tweak to player career. Maybe the option to haggle for more play time or get a raise without having to force a transfer to another club (stuff your virtual players do in manager mode) ... this year's one tweak is your manager is on drugs mode.

if you are scouring this forum before buying, swerve it. Swerve hard. EA have left this mode to rot in years past, this year they opted to break it instead.

Took 10 hours to download it, now I get to delete and re-dl an older, superior version.

• cjhilll44 wrote: »

I'm actually going to give this one a go! What happens when clubs buy/sell players? Do the new signings start or are they just benched?

I only went through it once but from what I saw the transfers were exactly the same sort of transfers you’d see in 2019. Tottenham sell Rose and Davies and sign two other left backs. Man City signed Son and he played 20 games, rotated with all the other wingers.

I’m wondering if the problem is the dynamic player potential? Something telling the AI they should start the young players as they have largest potential?

• Really disapointing to hear. Won't get the game until it is fixed.
  • cjhilll44
    edited September 2019
    ThIs is somewhat representative of what the table should look like...

I edited the top 6 teams before starting career mode. Just set all the youngsters as Free Agents. You still get some of the reserves playing buy I am Man Utd and playing Chelsea on day 1 I got a pretty accurate starting 11.

This is a workaround for me at the moment but it's still totally unacceptable for any of us to have to go to these lengths just to get something that works. Would still suggest sticking with FIFA19 until this nonsense is fixed.

• cjhilll44
    edited September 2019
    click link below to view league table after 4 games.
    Arsenal still have 1 game in hand so could move up.https://ibb.co/KxPtM7M