Here we go again!

Burchy
1051 posts Professional
Fifa 19 was the final straw for me. I said many times on here I wasn’t buying Fifa 20. With all the crap EA pulled (especially Fifa 19) I was hanging my boots up with this franchise.

I come home from work this morning to find a copy of Fifa 20 resting against my PS4... the misses has gone a bought it for me!

It’s been looking at me all morning! All I can say is (insert GTA San Andreas) “ah ❤️❤️❤️❤️, here we go again!

:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• selb
    7193 posts Big Money Move
    I mean, if you really dont wanna play it, get the receipt, take it back and swap it for something else or get your money back, it's really not that hard.
  • Burchy
    1051 posts Professional
    selb wrote: »
    I mean, if you really dont wanna play it, get the receipt, take it back and swap it for something else or get your money back, it's really not that hard.

I’m thinking of just playing a RTG type thing. Won’t be spending money like previous years.
  • selb
    7193 posts Big Money Move
    Burchy wrote: »
    selb wrote: »

I’m thinking of just playing a RTG type thing. Won’t be spending money like previous years.

I was in a similar situation tbh, I'll give the game a go, see how it is after a few weeks, if I'm not enjoying it I'll get rid
  • Burchy
    1051 posts Professional
    Might be where we go wrong. Spending loads, chasing all these top players so early on just makes the game stale.

Waiting on CoD to come out and this will pass the time.
  • IamLeeroy
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Might be where we go wrong. Spending loads, chasing all these top players so early on just makes the game stale.

Waiting on CoD to come out and this will pass the time.

Honestly you are 100% correct. Everytime I have the best to early, I get bored so much faster. Building up over the year slowly is so much better, makes me think about players I would otherwise just dismiss.
  • Play volta
  • Gone Postal
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    We're on the road again...🎵🍀
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    2793 posts Fans' Favourite
    We're on the road again...🎵🍀

We’re on our way to paradise
  • Aguy9916
    982 posts Professional
    It's actually quite good mate you'll be happy you tried it... I'm same as you, I fell out with the game big time in March and deleted everything, mad at myself for how much money I had wasted 😂.

I'm.doing RTG too and already I'm.having more fun, the big players aren't even on my mind, I'm just having fun finding the best team I can for right now and doing a bit of trading and sbc
  • MuzzaLUFC
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    100% bought it yourself.. why would your missus buy you something you make it clear you don’t want?

Just swallow your pride and admit you liked the demo so bought it :wink:
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4634 posts National Call-Up
    I wish my missus bought me drugs. Oh wait, I don't have one.
  • ELSALCFC
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2019
    Edit: profile pic fooled me🙈
  • CharlieC
    7375 posts Big Money Move
    I wish my missus bought me drugs. Oh wait, I don't have one.

Lol
  • Gnomenclature
    5404 posts Big Money Move
    Dang, that's evil lol... Like putting a crack rock in front of a recovering addict!

Key is to not take the game too seriously. If you stay away from weekend league you'll be less stressed out. Hopefully the other game modes are adequate - only tried squad battles and rivals so far.

The real challenge for me will be not completing every sbcs that comes out... That's my poison.
  • Burchy
    1051 posts Professional
    Dang, that's evil lol... Like putting a crack rock in front of a recovering addict!

Key is to not take the game too seriously. If you stay away from weekend league you'll be less stressed out. Hopefully the other game modes are adequate - only tried squad battles and rivals so far.

The real challenge for me will be not completing every sbcs that comes out... That's my poison.

Haha! Never played weekend league. Don’t have enough time to with having young kids.

Just play casually. Spent way to much over the years trying to get the top players. Like I said earlier, I’ll just play a rtg with rivals.
  • Futfanatic
    15207 posts World Class
    I feel hurt by your avatar @Burchy
  • Gnomenclature
    5404 posts Big Money Move

Haha! Never played weekend league. Don’t have enough time to with having young kids.

Just play casually. Spent way to much over the years trying to get the top players. Like I said earlier, I’ll just play a rtg with rivals.

Same, no time anymore. Besides, its shameful being my age and breaking controllers over a football game. 😝
  • mhh1981
    3353 posts National Call-Up
    It’s a different game this time round. Do it! Do it! Do it! Tbh, I stopped playing Fifa after tots came out in 19 but enjoying this one so far. Feels like I have to learn how to play again (until the first patch)
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    @Ishibum the OP misses also has xmas in september for him!
  • Ishibum
    14041 posts Has That Special Something
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    @Ishibum the OP misses also has xmas in september for him!

I'm still thinking about it :lol:
  • Reggie77
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    What is a Road to Glory? What does it mean?

I'm serious... never known what it stands for.
  • zzachzx
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    Reggie77 wrote: »

Basically just following a certain theme (building around a particular player, packs only, no Fifa points, etc) and just trying to get the best team possible.

For example mine is RTG with Gerrard where I'm gonna try and surround him with as many Liverpool/England legends/players as possible
  • Knowlesdinho
    13030 posts Has That Special Something

It's a FUT journey that has a theme. Could be player focussed, team focussed, or something like pack only first owner with no FP spent. Can also have a unique fun theme.
  • Burchy
    1051 posts Professional
    Futfanatic wrote: »

I’ll change it up for you mate. Did it when you was band a month back.

• Reggie77
    Thanks... all makes sense. I'm not sure I've got a theme but the idea sounds good. I've maybe got a sort of West Ham theme going on which might work with perhaps trying to add some legends like Rio and Moore at the back and bringing in Tevez (and maybe that pr*£ Payet).

@zzachzx - do you already have Gerrard and that determines the theme or is the them dictated around adding him?
  • zzachzx
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks... all makes sense. I'm not sure I've got a theme but the idea sounds good. I've maybe got a sort of West Ham theme going on which might work with perhaps trying to add some legends like Rio and Moore at the back and bringing in Tevez (and maybe that pr*£ Payet).

@zzachzx - do you already have Gerrard and that determines the theme or is the them dictated around adding him?

Yes I already have Gerrard. And I just love Gerrard so I wanted to make FUT 20 revolving around him, and the theme is just my personal preference.
  • Reggie77
    You lucky so and so! I wanted Maradona and Messi together last year and spent all season grafting... only got to pair them together in July! 🙄 too late then.

Did you buy him or a stroke of luck?
  • Reggie77
    zzachzx wrote: »

Yes I already have Gerrard. And I just love Gerrard so I wanted to make FUT 20 revolving around him, and the theme is just my personal preference.

Joe Gomez looks a quick CB... 81 pace so must be one of the quicker ones. Could be really decent with a Shadow chemistry and the Gerrard theme. I'm tempted to buy him as very reasonable
  • NotdaGOAT
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Would love to pack a Thierry Henry or Gerrard tbh. But no pack luck as always 😥😆
  • Futfanatic
    15207 posts World Class
    Futfanatic wrote: »

I’ll change it up for you mate. Did it when you was band a month back.

Thanks for your support @Burchy