FIFA 20 Stadiums Thread

Comments

• CantanoRM
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    It’s a shame he wasn’t correct, but unfortunately we did know this to be the case. However i think it’s quite probable Benfica and Porto will be having their stadiums added in FIFA 21. We also know that Granada, Osasuna, Mallorca, Freiburg, Paderborn and Union Berlin should all be getting their stadiums. If Zenit St. Petersburg get to host the Chsmpions League final, I’d also be very surprised if they do not return to the game with their stadium. We also know that in England any promoted team to the Premier League without a ground will have their stadium added so Leeds, Bristol City, Preston, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday I think may have the highest chance of joining from England too. That would all mean over 100 stadiums which would be very impressive 👍

We can also expect another MLS stadium and I'm hoping for PSV, since EA recently partnered up with them, like they also did with Benfica.
  • I would love to see old “Classic Stadiums” that no longer exist back in the game like Upton Park, White Hart Lane, Highbury,
  • JazzIsName
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    I would love to see old “Classic Stadiums” that no longer exist back in the game like Upton Park, White Hart Lane, Highbury,

That's a great idea. I was saying to my buddy the other day that although these new stadiums are great we are losing something by destroying the old ones. They had something the new ones don't. Would be great to have them to play in in FIFA. Not that they should replace the new ones in-game or anything.

• Toronto1982
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s a shame he wasn’t correct, but unfortunately we did know this to be the case. However i think it’s quite probable Benfica and Porto will be having their stadiums added in FIFA 21. We also know that Granada, Osasuna, Mallorca, Freiburg, Paderborn and Union Berlin should all be getting their stadiums. If Zenit St. Petersburg get to host the Chsmpions League final, I’d also be very surprised if they do not return to the game with their stadium. We also know that in England any promoted team to the Premier League without a ground will have their stadium added so Leeds, Bristol City, Preston, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday I think may have the highest chance of joining from England too. That would all mean over 100 stadiums which would be very impressive 👍

I am confident MLS will get the full stadium treatment in FIFA21 22 at the latest.
  • Pwalie86
    1351 posts Professional
    I have a feeling MLS will get full stadium treatment as well. Maybe French league. Highly doubt Serie A as EA have a history of not keeping the league license, just like when it was Calcio A for a few years.

Apart from France and USA, I'm not sure where they will do a full stadium treatment next. Maybe Liga NOS or Eredivisie. Would love to see those leagues with all stadiums.
  • Toronto1982
    Pretty much the league which currently have a broadcast package have a special relationship with EA and out of those MLS and Ligue 1 are the only 2 without most stadiums in the game. so one of those two will get the next big stadium push followed by the other
  • Stugg93
    61 posts Park Captain
    I actually think the EFL Championship has more chance than the Eredivisie or Liga NOS. I’d also put the Russian Premier as an outsider of getting that type of license treatment as a way for EA to tempt them back (plus they already have about 8 of the 16 teams stadiums scanned so it wouldn’t be a monumental effort on EAs part). I do agree though that the MLS and Ligue 1 are the most likely.
  • Pwalie86
    1351 posts Professional
    I'd be very tempted by full EFL Championship, but I kind of want to do a career in Eredivisie or Liga NOS. Different looking stadiums plus all the unique fan chants.

I can't motivate myself to do a career where most of the stadiums are generic. They look awful compared to real stadiums. Hopefully with PS5 they make brand new generics that will look very impressive.

Surely they can't port over PS3 stadiums to PS5. It would be extremely lazy from EA.
  • You'd think they'd throw a few new generic stadiums in, instead of just assigning Waldstadion to about 400 teams
  • Squire82
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    JazzIsName wrote: »
    I would love to see old “Classic Stadiums” that no longer exist back in the game like Upton Park, White Hart Lane, Highbury,

That's a great idea. I was saying to my buddy the other day that although these new stadiums are great we are losing something by destroying the old ones. They had something the new ones don't. Would be great to have them to play in in FIFA. Not that they should replace the new ones in-game or anything.

That would be a great idea especially if they gave us the option to use classic stadiums on career mode and assign to your team.

I personally would like to see the Old Wembley stadium be possible introduced as an option. In its day it was arguably one of the most iconic stadiums in the world with its famous twin towers. Would be great to play cup finals there again. Cannot stand the ugly new Wembley stadium!
  • Stugg93
    61 posts Park Captain
    Marcos73 wrote: »

Loving this stadium, very different to anything else in the game.
  • Howler19
    612 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 20

Completely agree. I think Huesca and Valladolid are great additions in that aspect as well. Different is good.
  • flcinusa
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 20

Complete aside here, but I'm surprised they don't have the La Liga Smartbank broadcast package.... it's the same as La Liga but light instead of dark

And the Copa Del Rey is red....

• comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite

EA need to make texture dirty.
    It's too neat. It feels unrealistic.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2590 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can they not call it Groupama Stadium? Its called OL Stadium in EA Access..
  • Howler19
    612 posts An Exciting Prospect

Wish they would have called it Parc Olympique Lyonnais.
  • Bigxoura wrote: »
    DYL_26 wrote: »
    Bigxoura wrote: »

All the stadiums?
    Well that is a lie. No Bayern.
    Scum of the earth EA.

They never said all the stadiums tho

Its bs though because, LaLiga got all of their stadiums last year. How can Bayern not have their stadium in fifa? They need to stop being cheap and pay for the licensing..

Fifa is already starting off on the wrong foot. Every Fifa I played had Allianz Stadium. It's like playing the game without Real Madrid or Man City stadium in the game. People would freaking riot!!!!

So, if you don't have all the Bundesliga stadiums in the game, it's not the full Bundesliga experience at all... EA needs to resolve this issue before the game is released....
  • Crevels21 wrote: »
    Honestly wouldn't mind seeing some more MLS stadiums for Portland, DC United, Sporting KC, Montreal, or Toronto. All have some pretty decent stadiums.
    Crevels21 wrote: »
    Honestly wouldn't mind seeing some more MLS stadiums for Portland, DC United, Sporting KC, Montreal, or Toronto. All have some pretty decent stadiums.

I agree with you on this topic
  • Nakamura8990
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    SoCal818_ wrote: »

All the stadiums?
    Scum of the earth EA.

Its bs though because, LaLiga got all of their stadiums last year. How can Bayern not have their stadium in fifa? They need to stop being cheap and pay for the licensing..

Fifa is already starting off on the wrong foot. Every Fifa I played had Allianz Stadium. It's like playing the game without Real Madrid or Man City stadium in the game. People would freaking riot!!!!

So, if you don't have all the Bundesliga stadiums in the game, it's not the full Bundesliga experience at all... EA needs to resolve this issue before the game is released....

PES got the Bayern Munich license with a premium partnership. The Allianz Arena is exclusive and thus EA can't keep the stadium in the game.
  • flcinusa
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect

It is called Groupama Stadium, except in Champions League or Europa League play
  • SoCal818_ wrote: »

All the stadiums?
    Scum of the earth EA.

Losing Bayerns Allianz Arena is a disgrace..

Shocking from EA. Wish the crap bramal lanes and craven cottages of the world could be replaced with the Allianz.
  • Toronto1982
    Futbol22 wrote: »

All the stadiums?
    Scum of the earth EA.

Shocking from EA. Wish the crap bramal lanes and craven cottages of the world could be replaced with the Allianz.

You issue is with Bayern not EA
  • Futbol22 wrote: »

All the stadiums?
    Scum of the earth EA.

Ha. Says the person from Toronto...
  • Stugg93
    61 posts Park Captain

All the stadiums?
    Scum of the earth EA.

Ha. Says the person from Toronto...

Bayern signed the exclusive agreement, they could have quite easily signed a non-exclusive agreement. Now they’re stuck in PES with a shiny stadium but no league to play in, whilst all the other clubs are in FIFA. The fans are again the ones penalised as they can’t get an authentic Bundesliga experience anywhere, and Bayern get a load of Konami money. Whether EA were too tight to pay what Bayern required, didn’t have the money (doubtful) Bayern required or Konami were more aggressive in their negotiations is open to debate.
  • Tom0307
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Have they added any new tunnels this year? They proudly showed off Atletico's tunnel last year but it seems like a waste not to add more, especially given PES do it for their biggest partner clubs and have at least 4 I can think of compared to EA's one...
  • Pwalie86
    1351 posts Professional
    We really should be seeing Porto and Benfica's stadium next year. Also Celtic and Rangers. Now the Bundesliga treatment is done, that along with EPL and La Liga we can easily predict some of next year's stadiums.

I hope they start bringing in some surprise ones. Though, I'll be disappointed if it's MLS to be honest. Now the UEFA license is in the game, it surely would be best to have at least 2 real stadiums from every european league. Given to the ones that usually finish in the top 6.
  • JazzIsName
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Though, I'll be disappointed if it's MLS to be honest. Now the UEFA license is in the game, it surely would be best to have at least 2 real stadiums from every european league. Given to the ones that usually finish in the top 6.

Me too. I'd like to see France and Italy get the full treatment to be honest.
  • Tom0307
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    We really should be seeing Porto and Benfica's stadium next year. Also Celtic and Rangers. Now the Bundesliga treatment is done, that along with EPL and La Liga we can easily predict some of next year's stadiums.

I hope they start bringing in some surprise ones. Though, I'll be disappointed if it's MLS to be honest. Now the UEFA license is in the game, it surely would be best to have at least 2 real stadiums from every european league. Given to the ones that usually finish in the top 6.

PES are partners with Celtic and Rangers who have their stadiums in game, what makes you say that?
  • Pwalie86
    1351 posts Professional
    Tom0307 wrote: »
    Pwalie86 wrote: »

PES are partners with Celtic and Rangers who have their stadiums in game, what makes you say that?

Not sure when the partnership expires so that's why I said it. Also the fact that for years and years EA never bothered to put those stadiums into the game. It's good that they're actually being properly represented. I can see in future years more and more teams switching to Konami, as EA have way too many teams in the game that have generic stadiums and players looking generic.

90 real stadiums sounds good, but there are over 700 teams. Surely with new consoles this can be increased by at least 150-200. I'm not sure they have to pay any extra to clubs to use their stadiums, but if that's the case then we'll always be left with hundreds and hundreds of generic stadiums.

But generic stadiums seriously need sorting out as well. Why not make it so they look just similar to the teams that use them? That way over the years they can add in hundreds of them.