Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Smudge
    4645 posts National Call-Up
    Massive lack of attacking threat from us here
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    Gomes needs to come on. We've created nothing.
  • Apollo
    16189 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »
    Andreas & Mata were wrong to play together.

Matic & Mctominay together also wrong.

Now to see if Ole can tactically turn this around & the players can actually do something.

Yep. Fred and Chong on for Matic and Mata imo
  • Teh Zombz
    3914 posts National Call-Up
    Smudge wrote: »

"here" lol
  • Keano
    14185 posts Has That Special Something
    WryLucky wrote: »
    This is going to be a season of who can lose top four, like that spell last season when no one wanted to win.

Pretty much, we're all just going in as if we've had no break & the seasons carried on from last year.

Shows how dire state the likes of United, Arsenal & Chelsea are atm (Could also throw Spurs in on this seasons form).
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    man this is same amount of terrible as the lowest points of jose and van gaal

also i dont think i have ever seen us press high in premier league.... what was the point of doing it in pre season
  • MorroWtje
    5011 posts Big Money Move
    Absolutely deserve to be losing based of that performance. Changes needed, i think both formation and personel. Rashford looks finished from last game, imo I'd have our front 4 as DJ up top, try Chong - Gomes - Lingard or something. Whatever's going on now just isn't working.
  • Sellish
    9512 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

also i dont think i have ever seen us press high in premier league.... what was the point of doing it in pre season

We're playing against a really good West Ham away. Calm down.
  • Keano
    14185 posts Has That Special Something
    MorroWtje wrote: »
    Absolutely deserve to be losing based of that performance. Changes needed, i think both formation and personel. Rashford looks finished from last game, imo I'd have our front 4 as DJ up top, try Chong - Gomes - Lingard or something. Whatever's going on now just isn't working.

tbf i don't think we deserve to be losing, I feel West Ham were just as awful as us, but this is football & one mistake/one good play can win a game, which for now it is.
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »
    MorroWtje wrote: »

tbf i don't think we deserve to be losing, I feel West Ham were just as awful as us, but this is football & one mistake/one good play can win a game, which for now it is.

Yeah but they did have that play. It wasn't a lucky deflection or something, they created it and earned it.

I agree that we deserve to be down (for the first time this season IMO)
  • Delboy13710
    5236 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 22
    One of the poorest games I've seen quality wise .

Not surprising looking at the amount of injuries you have on a plus note AWB looks like hes going to be some player
  • BigPapiFifa89
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    With the exception of James (who I like a lot) United don’t have a player out there who look capable of scoring a goal...:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32164 posts National Team Captain
    Smudge wrote: »

Agreed. I was truly shocked to check the stats and see that we had even a shot.

Zero creativity. Forgot Rashford was even on the pitch tbh. Pereira once again proving that the wing is just not for him, and Mata just isn't a reliable starter anymore.
  • Kman
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 22
    We’ve looked solid just as usual we aren’t threatening. Fkn Mata picks the ball up on halfway and turns and passes back. Get him off, gomes on. Our bench isn’t going to save us here we just need to attack and stop trying to hold pointless possession
  • wth22
    10493 posts Has That Special Something
    This is just tragic.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32164 posts National Team Captain
    We desperately need a healthy Pogba. May lose the ball on silly dribbles often, but at least the guy always looks to attack with it and get the ball forward. Not spending the game passing backwards
  • forearms
    4955 posts Big Money Move

I have noticed this as well. There is still pressing at times, but not near the levels from preseason.

When Ole first took over, we had 3 players, 2 minimum, higher up the field that escalated the counters. I noticed recently, we dont even have an outlet when defending corners.
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    I'd absolutely take a point right now.

No faith we're gonna score at all
  • wth22
    Sellish wrote: »

You can't be serious :lol: Man City smashed them for 5 here.
  • Retro_G
    30339 posts National Team Captain
    The movement from Filipe Anderson for their goal was very clever, but someone should've been closing him down, he got time to play that killer pass.
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    may aswell just chuck fred on,we need something, we are so flat
  • Kman
    On the plus side hopefully this means we’ll see some decent activity in the transfer window...we need reinforcements big time
  • arsenalap
    6047 posts Big Money Move
    wth22 wrote: »

Why do people keep saying this. It's not how football works..

West Ham have a good side with a good manager. One result on the first day of the season doesn't change that ffs.
  • Tornado31619
    17773 posts World Class

:joy:
  • Apollo
    16189 posts World Class

You can't use City's results as a measure of the opposition's quality, City are utterly ridiculous. We're nowhere near being at a stage where you can compare how we do against teams to how they do. We're also missing our two best players and have nowhere near their depth.
  • Ahmer50x
    19842 posts World Class
    West Ham are a really good team, but that doesn't excuse that we've been a really bad team today.

We're not losing because we got unlucky or individual errors. We're losing because we've been awful.
  • wth22
    arsenalap wrote: »

Why do people keep saying this. It's not how football works..

West Ham have a good side with a good manager. One result on the first day of the season doesn't change that ffs.

Sure they do, doesn't change the fact that they're the kind of opposition we should be beating, or at the very least not be this dire against.

Can't be justifying tragic performances against West Ham by saying they're a decent side, if we have any ambitions for anything.
  • wth22
    Apollo wrote: »

You can't use City's results as a measure of the opposition's quality, City are utterly ridiculous. We're nowhere near being at a stage where you can compare how we do against teams to how they do. We're also missing our two best players and have nowhere near their depth.

Yeah I'm not saying we should be scoring 5. I'm just saying we should be a little less tragic.
  • MorroWtje
    5011 posts Big Money Move
    Going into this season i just wanted to see from every game that we tried, we wanted to win, we wanted the ball, we did everything we could. Don't care if we lose 6-0 to City if we keep fighting til the last minute. This game is just so demoralizing
  • Kman
    Hopefully by next year we have something like

Martial
    DJ Maddison Sancho/Greenwood(if no CL)