FIFA 20 IS SHOCKING

Never have i felt the need to write a review for a game in my 23 years of life. The gameplay for this years fifa makes me think a 2 year old could have coded the on field play. Why is it so slow? its made the game boring with no real cutting edge to it. Anyone else finding this issue? The players make about 100 mistakes a game as well. the shooting is rubbish as well.. Never have i disliked a game so much as i have playing this!

Comments

• how is it? its so slow how are you enjoying it... they've made it better for the bad players i guess & if you're enjoying it then...
  • JazzIsName
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    The speed and gameplay is great! It's players like you who ruin it and make EA revert back to the ping pong football.. Get used to it and get good

This.

• Ballsantini
    83 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There are massive swings in gameplay quality depending on your midfield.

Runs in this game are not good either. So far in career mode, gini winajdum is leading my liverpool team in goals. Lol.
  • yeah its ridiculous. Get a yellow card for every foul as well haha
  • Wyojasond
    11553 posts Has That Special Something
    Very pleased with the gameplay so far. Really don’t get why certain people think it’s so slow.

Seen a few people complain about passing too and I think it’s great. You could hit a pass standing on your head in 19. I feel like they have a great balance of punishing and rewarding your passes.

Hardly any yellow cards on my end. Also think tackling is much much improved. You don’t have defenders sliding from 10 yards out like they are on skates stealing the ball. You have to be smart with player positioning and when to make an aggressive tackle. AI defenders are much better this year as well.

One thing I will say is that it’s a bit to easy to keep possession at times but I’ve always kind of felt that way with Fifa.
  • Acidvenus
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I like it, I haven't had to change individual player instructions as much as on 19 to make the players behave how I want.
    I'm loving it so far. The perfect slide tackle feels rewarding, battle for possession using strength and pace feels better than I remember. Any frustrations I've had could have been avoided and was my own fault.

My only complaint so far is the L1 button not always sending my full back on a run when I need him to run forward for a through ball but the games not released yet so I'm not going to get too mad at it during the 10 hour trial.
  • Avit32
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've yet to face an issue with the game so far. Speed of the game is amazing and you can dictate the tempo very well if you play smart, I can bounce passes around very quickly or I can frustrate with possession play.

I fail to see how people are finding it slow. Adapt to it and you'll notice it's not actually slower at all, it's just the physics are much much better compared to last year.
  • Darthdowty
    72 posts Park Captain
    I've also been likening the on field gameplay. I have a few issues with this year's edition but not that actual footy. It feels more sim like, more of a challenge.
  • BGAlum
    1216 posts Professional
    Deleted it already.
  • F_bombers
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    BGAlum wrote: »
    Deleted it already.

Yeah, I deleted the FIFA 20 demo like the second day. FIFA 20 is awful, if you really watch the A.I., you're like what, the gameplay is very restrictive. I'm still playing FIFA 17 like a madman; best FIFA ever IMO. LOL, FIFA 17 is slow, just put the game on slow. FIFA 17 has the best balanced gameplay, this is what happens when EA actually tries. Plus this: https://www.fifplay.com/fifa-17-features/
  • him7403
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    tomowen10 wrote: »
    Never have i felt the need to write a review for a game in my 23 years of life. The gameplay for this years fifa makes me think a 2 year old could have coded the on field play. Why is it so slow? its made the game boring with no real cutting edge to it. Anyone else finding this issue? The players make about 100 mistakes a game as well. the shooting is rubbish as well.. Never have i disliked a game so much as i have playing this!

Now I know you are the kid who runs like a headless chicken in the game and can't win and complain about the game. FIFA 20 is far more realistic and much more better than FIFA 19. If you want arcade ping pong passing play volta.
  • F_bombers
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    him7403 wrote: »
    tomowen10 wrote: »

Now I know you are the kid who runs like a headless chicken in the game and can't win and complain about the game. FIFA 20 is far more realistic and much more better than FIFA 19. If you want arcade ping pong passing play volta.

He said he's 23!
  • QuidoFrontiere
    273 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 21
    I rather have slower than this but overall fifa 20 is good. Better finishing comes with better strikers.
    If you want to play fast so just install nhl.

Edit: and if your player makes so many mistakes you are doing something wrong. Probably bc you try ping pong passing...
  • The game is too slow? Really? This franchise is doomed thanks to players like this. The speed is perfect. Dont play it if you dont like it
  • alvchong
    966 posts Professional
    Yes speed is perfect
  • Jboom98
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Play PES very quick gameplay if you think FIFA is slow you'll all be playing PES in the new decade 2020's.
  • SBaggio59
    86 posts Park Captain
    There will always be different types of players. Those who like simulation games and those who prefer arcade games ... The ideal would be to integrate different types of gameplay on the same game to satisfy all players. Easier said than done.
  • SBaggio59
    86 posts Park Captain
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    The speed and gameplay is great! It's players like you who ruin it and make EA revert back to the ping pong football.. Get used to it and get good

I do not think EA will come back to ping-pong, anyway. Because their strategy is mainly focused on simulation. After, the game can not please everyone.

The ideal would be to integrate several types of game on Fifa to try to satisfy all players. But, easier said than done.
  • @tomowen10

I take it the 10 is for your age??

The game speed in it's current state is perfect. It opens the whole game up to actually play football and play through the midfield. It's people like you @tomowen10 who ruin this game with wanting it to be played at 100mph!! If you look at the replies on these forums most people have been asking for slower gameplay for years. We have been teased with it before then EA have changed it.

But looking at the sheer number of people saying the current game speed is perfect and have been crying out for it for a long time EA need to leave it as it is.

BTW just messing with the number 10 and your age. But seriously... The majority of us want a football simulation and EA keep telling us that's what they are trying to create.

So far its it's a 👍 from me on the current game we have.
  • JazzIsName
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    blue166 wrote: »
    @tomowen10

I take it the 10 is for your age??

The game speed in it's current state is perfect. It opens the whole game up to actually play football and play through the midfield. It's people like you @tomowen10 who ruin this game with wanting it to be played at 100mph!! If you look at the replies on these forums most people have been asking for slower gameplay for years. We have been teased with it before then EA have changed it.

But looking at the sheer number of people saying the current game speed is perfect and have been crying out for it for a long time EA need to leave it as it is.

BTW just messing with the number 10 and your age. But seriously... The majority of us want a football simulation and EA keep telling us that's what they are trying to create.

So far its it's a 👍 from me on the current game we have.

Yeah, I completely agree.