Formations - What are you using?

Comments

• fighter__noir
    645 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My squad chooses the formation. I am willing to try out any formation if the squad needs it (for links for example)
  • SkeltonTom
    1764 posts Fans' Favourite
    433(2) has worked pretty well so far :D
  • What's interesting (and encouraging) from the answers above is that people are using a variety of different formations, I assume depending on their play style and the players they're using.

Hopefully the game is sufficiently balanced that this variety will remain - but I'm concerned that the fact that "pace is back" means that 433 variants with the 90+ pace players will become the META.

Personally I'm still at the experimentation stage, trying to find five different formations that I can switch between in game, according to the situation and what my opponent is doing.
  • lippyone wrote: »
    41212 narrow and wide

all on default as do not want to waste any of the 10 hours in tactics manus

You know you can now amend tactics in the web app (apologies for insensitivity if you're not allowed to use it yet...)
  • Guillotine_Mack
    2873 posts National Call-Up
    Tyc8YfT.jpg
  • starfox1284
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    4321 and 4222, the same I always use.
  • AIeks
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    4312 / 41212 / 352

2 strikers and an attacking mid, if I need width I go with 352.
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    4411 Giroud as target man. He plays as a basketball pivot. Keeps the ball and pass to midfielders going through ( Fred, Milner, Neves ) They just finish the play or give back to Giroud to score. It´s difficult for both CB to have a reference with midfielders coming forward.
  • mway wrote: »
    4411 Giroud as target man. He plays as a basketball pivot. Keeps the ball and pass to midfielders going through ( Fred, Milner, Neves ) They just finish the play or give back to Giroud to score. It´s difficult for both CB to have a reference with midfielders coming forward.

Love this, I use giroud too
  • mdizzl3
    12439 posts Has That Special Something
  • Karim-Denz
    963 posts Professional
  • Guillotine_Mack
    2873 posts National Call-Up
    mway wrote: »

Love this, I use giroud too

Giroud is so good.
    So underrated in the last 3 fifa games and will always get you goals.
  • Anthonyr475
    1006 posts Professional
    edited September 2019
  • StiflersDad07
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What Formations do you guys use?

The YouTube stars play mostly 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2.
    In Rivals I come up against 4-1-2-1-2 (2) most of the time.

But I tried each of that formations and don't get my playstyle of fast attacks and pressing in it.

Anyone tried 4-3-2-1 or 4-1-3-2 yet?
  • freakjas
    14207 posts Has That Special Something
    It‘s not the most effective one but i really enjoy being all out on attack.