Finally, finally, finally - Thank you EA!

Benja190782
1418 posts Play-Off Hero
What an absolutely AMAZING football experience we have now!

FIFA 20 is by far the most authentic and rewarding football experience we’ve had in many years.

I can’t thank EA enough for taking the chance to actually create a more manual gameplay experience.
Even tho it’s still assisted, it’s so much more balanced now. Defending and attacking feels equally assisted, so it feels very very natural and authentic.

The animations are so much more fluid and human now! Inertia/momentum of players feels very very realistic. You really have to think about physics now! Great stuff!

Passing is definitely more manual as blind passes are finally less accurate.

Headers looks and feels so much more natural, as the ball can end up in many new lanes we haven’t seen before. So rewarding when you press and hold the RB and LB (R1/L1) while heading down towards the buttom corner. Looks beautiful!

To the people that miss a faster gameplay experience and quicker dribbling, simply wait and see how fast this gameplay will feel when we all got high end players etc.

Please don’t let EA ruin this amazing football experience! Take your time and learn some true build up play, and the amazing new ball physics. You can make it work your way if you know physics.

Just please don’t cry about players feeling slow and heavy. We finally have the natural difference between controlling Sterling and Javi Martinez. Sterling feels quick and fast just like he should.

Also the shooting is far far more rewarding and the animations looks stunning! Really impressed!

Thank you @EA_Andy for such an amazing improvement. You guys are definitely on to something.
And this time it feels like football.

Love it!

Benjamin, Denmark.

Comments

• Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 20
    You do know that there is still a patch coming that will destroy the game like every year?

As EA have said before they won’t make any changes unless something is completely broken. They will let people get used to the new amazing gameplay.

And that’s why I wrote this. People need to understand that the gameplay speed will automaticly increase as people get better players, so this current gameplay speed is SPOT ON!

And people that complain about players turning like a bus, just need to get Douglas Costa, Sterling or Salah! Players like that feels amazing in the ball.

Of course Henderson can’t turn as sharp as Sterling. Physics matter now.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    You do know that there is still a patch coming that will destroy the game like every year?

As EA have said before they won’t make any changes unless something is completely broken. They will let people get used to the new amazing gameplay.

And that’s why I wrote this. People need to understand that the gameplay speed will automaticly increase as people get better players, so this current gameplay speed is SPOT ON!

They will still patch it. They say that every year. Don't get your hopes up :smiley:
  • Tootrill22
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    I agree I really enjoy the game so far
  • The_Unknown
    76 posts Park Captain
    It’s good but now win or lose is so dependent on connection, if playing against someone with poor net speeds the game becomes ruined, player switching is as bad as 19 and worse in some cases which make certain defensive errors unavoidable
  • lippyone
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    It is great, but let us see how good it is when the servers are fully stretched, plus the game is always good on the trial. It is only later they manipulate it
  • NornIron
    11356 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 20
    First week is always good, wait until the game comes out. Samething has happened every year since 2013.
  • Rolandinho
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What an absolutely AMAZING football experience we have now!

FIFA 20 is by far the most authentic and rewarding football experience we’ve had in many years.

I can’t thank EA enough for taking the chance to actually create a more manual gameplay experience.
    Even tho it’s still assisted, it’s so much more balanced now. Defending and attacking feels equally assisted, so it feels very very natural and authentic.

The animations are so much more fluid and human now! Inertia/momentum of players feels very very realistic. You really have to think about physics now! Great stuff!

Passing is definitely more manual as blind passes are finally less accurate.

Headers looks and feels so much more natural, as the ball can end up in many new lanes we haven’t seen before. So rewarding when you press and hold the RB and LB (R1/L1) while heading down towards the buttom corner. Looks beautiful!

To the people that miss a faster gameplay experience and quicker dribbling, simply wait and see how fast this gameplay will feel when we all got high end players etc.

Please don’t let EA ruin this amazing football experience! Take your time and learn some true build up play, and the amazing new ball physics. You can make it work your way if you know physics.

Just please don’t cry about players feeling slow and heavy. We finally have the natural difference between controlling Sterling and Javi Martinez. Sterling feels quick and fast just like he should.

Also the shooting is far far more rewarding and the animations looks stunning! Really impressed!

Thank you @EA_Andy for such an amazing improvement. You guys are definitely on to something.
    And this time it feels like football.

Love it!

Benjamin, Denmark.

I hate FIFA 19 more than any game before and I agree Fifa 20 is great so far.
  • forearms
    4808 posts National Call-Up
    Played less than an hour of the EA access trial. Will probably give it the full trial, but not really interested in it atm. Players feel very clunky to me.
  • Kasuyo
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Who is this guy, someone give him the eaids.
  • Dunkirk
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s good but I’m still experiencing annoying delay.
  • xFATAL
    4224 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 20
    I'm liking it so far. Have alot to learn though, Feels like a completely different game which is a good thing.
  • Rucci
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 20
    forearms wrote: »
    Played less than an hour of the EA access trial. Will probably give it the full trial, but not really interested in it atm. Players feel very clunky to me.

same didnt played 1 hour just turned it off after 2 games clunky / not even possible to press a little ,just long balls throughballs whole game, infront of goal u dont even need a little skill to score , its ok that ai is nerfed but this just way too much. just won 7-1 8-1 with a shame of a team , u dont even feel difference between bronze or gold full chem or not
  • Mrhey31
    1265 posts Professional
    They will patch the game.. because some YouTube sensation will give them critasism and they will create the same game they did last year, the year before that, etc.
  • Rucci
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mrhey31 wrote: »
    They will patch the game.. because some YouTube sensation will give them critasism and they will create the same game they did last year, the year before that, etc.

dont tell its fun right now if i want i could hold the ball the full 90 min because u cant press
  • Boysie91
    8390 posts League Winner
    Didn't like the beta but I think it's a bit better now. Ball bouncing back to opponent after a tackle is still the same.
  • Mrhey31
    1265 posts Professional
    Rucci wrote: »

dont tell its fun right now if i want i could hold the ball the full 90 min because u cant press

Well I’m having fun so far.
  • Fifapayne
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 20
    Rucci wrote: »

Again learn to press
    I’m glad the AI doesn’t run around like a pack of wolves

Edit @Benja190782
    I finally agree with you
    Shooting is good
    No one passing random behind back passes etc
    Defense is great
  • Vichy360
    90 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Agree with OP
  • I’m happy to hear that people are enjoying the game but come on that’s an exaggeration surely? There is only so much realism you can have in a game before it stops being fun, and if we have to have our players moving like they have lead boots on just to make it feel ‘authentic’ then I’m in the minority I guess that wants it faster paced.
  • Purplejacket
    2476 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only took you complaining the whole time beta and demo was out to realize. Anything was better than 19
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oooh @Purplejacket how are YOU feeling about the gameplay now?

The only thing I’ve ever complained about was when the game were played on exploits.
    Now we are playing FOOTBALL!

@Nokesy28 if you miss pace, buy Sterling, he will show you pace and quick dribbling that’s for sure.
    Of course some of the players in the start of the game is feeling slow and heavy. They are...

But fast players are really fast now. You can’t deny that.

Are you expecting Javi Martinez do feel like Messi? Jeez the complains sometimes. No wonder the gameplay is always ruined every year.

Gameplay is finally a true football experience with loads of different outcomes. It’s amazing!
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    492 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just curious. What's ur record. Usually if you are losing then the game play is bad. If you winning game play is amazing. The fun you may be experiencing is in the wins.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 21
    Just curious. What's ur record. Usually if you are losing then the game play is bad. If you winning game play is amazing. The fun you may be experiencing is in the wins.

4-1-2 in online rivals. 5-0-0 in Squad battles on Legendary (hate SB but need the coins in my RTG)

So I have lost and I will lose many more, but I don’t feel cheated when I loose because of awful ping pong passing and broken blind first time shots.

Of course there is still some unlucky bs sometimes, that’s not just in FIFA tho. It happens in real life football also.

I think that THIS gameplay will let the truely best fifa players shine more. It was not possible to shine as a good fifa player in 19, when you rely on tactical awareness, football knowledge and vision as a fifa player. Now it’s turned around. Exploit abusers are crying because they are not as assisted as before.

I love it! We finally have a good football game now. It mostly looks and feels like authentic football.
    Something FIFA haven’t done for years.

People complain about players feels heavy and unresponsive. I say it’s bs. Learn to strafe dribble and learn to pick your passes. Build up play proberly instead of just smashing the pass button to death.

Like I said... we have a football game now. (Right? @TacticalTugTeam @Orison @Purplejacket )
  • I SiR MartY I
    5502 posts Big Money Move
    You said pretty much the same thing last year, almost word for word actually. How 19 was brilliant, best football game ever.

Then you were bashing the game as much as anyone here.

Wait for people to figure out the exploits, build OP teams, EA to do their thing with patches.
  • CharlieC
    6681 posts Big Money Move
    When the masses arrive, the smooth gameplay will disappear as servers become overloaded is my guess.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    You said pretty much the same thing last year, almost word for word actually. How 19 was brilliant, best football game ever.

Wait for people to figure out the exploits, build OP teams, EA to do their thing with patches.

I know I know, but we seriously need to let EA know when they do something good.
    I’ve told them hundreds of times that exploits like blind, fast and accurate ping pong passing/first time shots doesn’t belong in a competitive football game.

They finally did something to improve on that. I mean feel the game. That’s why I DON’T wanna hear anymore cry babies telling EA that they can’t dribble or can’t pass or can’t shoot. The gameplay is just slightly more manual controlled, but just enough to (dear I say it) force people to play football.

FIFA 19 could have been the same if does stupid exploits weren’t destroying the game.

But seriously how can anyone complain about FIFA 20 finally feels like a football game! It’s beyond me!
  • I SiR MartY I
    5502 posts Big Money Move

I know I know, but we seriously need to let EA know when they do something good.
    I’ve told them hundreds of times that exploits like blind, fast and accurate ping pong passing/first time shots doesn’t belong in a competitive football game.

They finally did something to improve on that. I mean feel the game. That’s why I DON’T wanna hear anymore cry babies telling EA that they can’t dribble or can’t pass or can’t shoot. The gameplay is just slightly more manual controlled, but just enough to (dear I say it) force people to play football.

FIFA 19 could have been the same if does stupid exploits weren’t destroying the game.

But seriously how can anyone complain about FIFA 20 finally feels like a football game! It’s beyond me!

EA can never fix the exploits though, balance for them is breaking one thing to create something else being an exploit. It'll never change.

I personally haven't tried 20, its sitting there, no drive to play it so i can't judge the gameplay, but I've heard almost nothing positive so far, of course ill wait to try it myself but I know the state of the game today, won't be the same game in a months time when EA break it.
  • lippyone
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    It is good but the user base will ruin it.

Exploits will be found, and the usual suspects will spread the word, and EA will be forced to change it
  • The game as it currently stands is blimming good.

As things stand at this moment in time... well done EA. That being said my view is subject to change if EA speed this game up to a frantic pace which I detest.

So yeah, so far 👍