trading; given up already

Renamed123456
4431 posts National Call-Up

Just doesn't work for me. was buying player cheap and selling for more. Sold twice now the player wont sell and hes going cheaper.

can't seem to find or bid on any other player to flip. only have 1000 coins.

Trading clearly isn't for me.

Comments

• selb
    6560 posts Big Money Move
    Dude, you've had 1 fail, I've had many, it's part of the learning curve, keep at it and you'll get it, it doesn't just happen overnight.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero
    When you have low coins you trade up the low market, buy for 300-350 list at 400/450-700/900
  • You can't expect it to be easy straight away or else everyone would have millions of coins?
  • Azof
    16591 posts World Class
  • Hoopsterz
    1694 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fab wrote: »
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Damn @Fab.. thats so beautiful..
  • Fab
    17815 posts World Class
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    Fab wrote: »
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Damn @Fab.. thats so beautiful..

Thank you @Hoopsterz
  • Renamed123456
    When you have low coins you trade up the low market, buy for 300-350 list at 400/450-700/900

Yeah but if cards are regularly going at 350 without bid, why is someone going to buy one im selling at more??

I bought for 550 sell for 700 no one is buying.

So i dont see people people buying non selling 350 cards for more when there are plenty going for 350 unbought
  • Markman007
    2718 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 20

Just doesn't work for me. was buying player cheap and selling for more. Sold twice now the player wont sell and hes going cheaper.

To be fair trading at this early stage is a little tricky as prices can be volatile.

It can also be hard getting started if you don’t have a little bankroll. I got lucky with SBCs yesterday and packed Auba and a couple of others so I’m just investing my profits medium term in useful league/nation discard week 1 IFs. Week 1 IFs always go up nicely as they tend to be rarer, and there are some pretty decent cheap cards this week.

For now keep see what you can get on min bid and flip for even just 100-200 more. It’s a grind but eventually you’ll be able to do bigger investments that are less time-consuming.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah but if cards are regularly going at 350 without bid, why is someone going to buy one im selling at more??

So i dont see people people buying non selling 350 cards for more when there are plenty going for 350 unbought

Its the cards that slipped past the snipers you aim for, the popular league/nations with decent stats/rating
  • Renamed123456
    Markman007 wrote: »

To be fair trading at this early stage is a little tricky as prices can be volatile.

It can also be hard getting started if you don’t have a little bankroll. I got lucky with SBCs yesterday and packed Auba and a couple of others so I’m just investing my profits medium term in useful league/nation discard week 1 IFs. Week 1 IFs always go up nicely as they tend to be rarer, and there are some pretty decent cheap cards this week.

For now keep see what you can get on min bid and flip for even just 100-200 more. It’s a grind but eventually you’ll be able to do bigger investments that are less time-consuming.

I've literally never packed a card of value in 3 years everyday playing of fifa. Never.

People saying things like oh tbey do the starter sbcs first to get players.

But the starter sbcs are impossible for me to complete other than "lets get started".

I thought a decent Prem Brazil card would get bought at 700 coins. Someone even bought mine at 900. Now i cant sell at 700.
  • Renamed123456

Its the cards that slipped past the snipers you aim for, the popular league/nations with decent stats/rating

I bought Man U Prem Brazillian. Seems like valuable card to me. Links/league/team
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    With coin amounts lower than 10k I'd personally only snipe. If you can't snipe, play some games and get yourself up to 50k. Then start doing discard if investments.

Remember: It will only get easier the more coins you have
  • Renamed123456
    With coin amounts lower than 10k I'd personally only snipe. If you can't snipe, play some games and get yourself up to 50k. Then start doing discard if investments.

thats what i did but now the player is strangely cheaper.

I dno't really know what is the best method for sniping. always told nothing there or is bought when i press buy
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional

This is so true. Sniping is the way to go with low coin totals. If you only have 1k, aim to pick up some cards worth 700-750 for 400-500. Any profit is great at that stage.
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional

I dno't really know what is the best method for sniping. always told nothing there or is bought when i press buy

Who is the player in question? Might be able to help you with why he dropped.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move

My personal tip. Monitor the players for a while. Make a list of players that you want to scan. Repeat looking at their prices over several hours (up and downs). You'll know the prices of all players in your head and will know when a player is "kinda" lower than usual. That's when you can play your cards
  • Renamed123456
    Oscaaaar wrote: »

Who is the player in question? Might be able to help you with why he dropped.

Pereira

• Knowlesdinho
    10494 posts Has That Special Something
    In my experience failing is how I learned to trade. Even now as an experienced trader I still occasionally get burned. It’s just about dusting yourself off and going again.
  • Renamed123456
    So what about bronze pack method? Not even sure how that'll work exactly? Should i just do that now?
  • Azof
    16591 posts World Class
    So what about bronze pack method? Not even sure how that'll work exactly? Should i just do that now?

Read the thread in the xbox section, if still confused read it again.
  • AliasMaurice
    1967 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't buy crap players. Find cards that will gets used in either starter squads or sbcs.

Trade with the useable players.

I've got my own methods now but one of my originals was to list my entire team. 1st team at the end of each days playing. List them overpriced. A few will sell so just replace or upgrade them.

Trade with the players you would use.
  • Renamed123456
    Don't buy crap players. Find cards that will gets used in either starter squads or sbcs.

Trade with the useable players.

I've got my own methods now but one of my originals was to list my entire team. 1st team at the end of each days playing. List them overpriced. A few will sell so just replace or upgrade them.

Trade with the players you would use.

I figured he would sell. As he is in my squad, and i figured bare minimum would be ideal sbc candidate due to prem/brazil
  • Renamed123456

When people say "discard" do they mean quick sell or minimum bid??
  • therealmerk33
    1681 posts Play-Off Hero
    When people say "discard" do they mean quick sell or minimum bid??

Discard is buying right over quick sell value, no risk especially with IFs
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 20
    Atm I'm bronze packing listing all players for similar price as others and using profits to stock up on squad fitness cards because they are dirt cheap right now.
  • Renamed123456

So for bronze pack you just list everything at minimum? Other than certain card types?
  • Jamiebanksrfc1986
    409 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So for bronze pack you just list everything at minimum? Other than certain card types?

I just list the players always compare price i have not traded i onky bronze pack every hour on the hour and i am at 125k
  • Renamed123456

I just list the players always compare price i have not traded i onky bronze pack every hour on the hour and i am at 125k

How many packs do you do tho? Does it aways make back the coins within the hour?

Always list never qucik sel?
  • Mmandras
    2019 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's harder now before the full game starts for everybody. Just hang on there.