Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

SO MUCH SPEED UP LAG!!!

SimenHP
2093 posts Fans' Favourite
I can't play more than a few seconds in Rivals before it lags, it's alot worse than it was on Fifa 19.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Comments

  • skHH
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    Are you wired
  • Moiizer
    8439 posts League Winner
    Not had 1 bit of speed up lag in an of the games ive played
  • RealM
    6156 posts Big Money Move
    Speed up lag is your connection no?
  • skHH
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    RealM wrote: »
    Speed up lag is your connection no?

    Yes
  • Azof
    17613 posts World Class
    Speed up lag is on your end
  • SimenHP
    2093 posts Fans' Favourite
    skHH wrote: »
    Are you wired

    Wireless, but while it's been bad on EA servers before (only server that really lags wireless) it's been A LOT worse today compared to what it usually is
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23724 posts Club Captain
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Not had 1 bit of speed up lag in an of the games ive played

  • SimenHP
    2093 posts Fans' Favourite
    Speed up lag today makes the game almost unplayable. I didn't have speed up lag last night and went 2-0-0, I'm now 2-1-2 and I'm not enjoying playing with so much lag
  • skHH
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    You'll always get lag every so often on wireless but no idea why its more today
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2019
    Without trying to point out the obvious too much, if you're playing on wireless I'd highly recommend switching to wired if possible - it's a much better experience for gaming.

    If you're still playing on wireless it would be handy to provide a bit more info so we can look into whether there's any issues:

    - Wired or wireless
    - If wireless - 2.4 or 5ghz
    - Type of lag experienced (Delay or visible)
    - How many times did it happen in the match
    - Game mode
    - Platform
    - Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID
    - Timestamp of the game you played - time, date and timezone
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Reboot your router as a first step
  • Alex_cr
    5800 posts Big Money Move
    Are there more people using your internet now than there was last night? If I’m only one on line gameplay is smooth. Add as much as someone watching a video and the problems start.

    Reality is it’ll be your end.
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Are there more people using your internet now than there was last night? If I’m only one on line gameplay is smooth. Add as much as someone watching a video and the problems start.

    Reality is it’ll be your end.

    sounds like you need your router replaced tbh

    that should never happen unless your bandwidth is very low

    is it just fifa? if 2 people watch videos does one of them buffer?
  • RadioShaq
    15571 posts Moderator
    Yeah like others said should try to go wired if you can. I played at a friends who’s setup is all wireless it’s so much worse.
  • Alex_cr
    5800 posts Big Money Move
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Are there more people using your internet now than there was last night? If I’m only one on line gameplay is smooth. Add as much as someone watching a video and the problems start.

    Reality is it’ll be your end.

    sounds like you need your router replaced tbh

    that should never happen unless your bandwidth is very low

    is it just fifa? if 2 people watch videos does one of them buffer?

    Just Fifa. Routers been replaced. I’ve literally no idea why it’s happened. Never used to. Sort of just got used to it!
  • I also get speed up lag and the idea that it is a problem with my connection is ridiculous. I have 350mbps on wireless, it is much higher with wired but how can 350mbps be a problem? my ping is only like 9 also.
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Are there more people using your internet now than there was last night? If I’m only one on line gameplay is smooth. Add as much as someone watching a video and the problems start.

    Reality is it’ll be your end.

    sounds like you need your router replaced tbh

    that should never happen unless your bandwidth is very low

    is it just fifa? if 2 people watch videos does one of them buffer?

    Just Fifa. Routers been replaced. I’ve literally no idea why it’s happened. Never used to. Sort of just got used to it!

    very odd

    if you're wired, test it with a different ethernet cable - actually even try it wireless and see if same happens

    otherwise I'm beat
  • LenKikk
    1149 posts Professional
    Might have to try wired aswell. The game is almost unplayable for me
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    I also get speed up lag and the idea that it is a problem with my connection is ridiculous. I have 350mbps on wireless, it is much higher with wired but how can 350mbps be a problem? my ping is only like 9 also.

    You can have mega high speeds; if you are using wireless and have speed up lag: it’s your connection. Nothing ridiculous about it.
  • Alex_cr
    5800 posts Big Money Move
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Are there more people using your internet now than there was last night? If I’m only one on line gameplay is smooth. Add as much as someone watching a video and the problems start.

    Reality is it’ll be your end.

    sounds like you need your router replaced tbh

    that should never happen unless your bandwidth is very low

    is it just fifa? if 2 people watch videos does one of them buffer?

    Just Fifa. Routers been replaced. I’ve literally no idea why it’s happened. Never used to. Sort of just got used to it!

    very odd

    if you're wired, test it with a different ethernet cable - actually even try it wireless and see if same happens

    otherwise I'm beat

    I’ve tried wireless and it’s the same. I haven’t however tried a different cable! How ridiculous is that 😂

    Think I’ll give that a go.
  • skHH
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    I also get speed up lag and the idea that it is a problem with my connection is ridiculous. I have 350mbps on wireless, it is much higher with wired but how can 350mbps be a problem? my ping is only like 9 also.

    Wireless drops out every so often, even that .1 of a second will cause lag and it can be interrupted easier
  • EA_Andy wrote: »
    Without trying to point out the obvious too much, if you're playing on wireless I'd highly recommend switching to wired if possible - it's a much better experience for gaming.

    If you're still playing on wireless it would be handy to provide a bit more info so we can look into whether there's any issues:

    - Wired or wireless
    - If wireless - 2.4 or 5ghz
    - Type of lag experienced (Delay or visible)
    - How many times did it happen in the match
    - Game mode
    - Platform
    - Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID
    - Timestamp of the game you played - time, date and timezone

    - Wired (virgin media and Bt)
    - Input delay
    - FUT and Seasons
    - Xbox
    - Babadino17
    - British Summer Time
    Time zone in Birmingham, UK (GMT+1)
    Friday, 20 September 2019, 17:14
Sign In or Register to comment.