Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Apollo
    15611 posts World Class
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    i think next evolution in football players needs to be thicker skin on social media...

No one deserves the abuse that a lot of these players get. Should be trying to address the problem rather than just trying to make people less bothered by it.
  • SDoofus
    5568 posts Big Money Move
    i think next evolution in football players needs to be thicker skin on social media...

Tbf, it's easy to say that. They are human afterall, and who knows how we would all feel/react with hundreds of people blaming you for something, and calling you all sorts of names.
  • El_Nino
    3514 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 18

Do you tell people to ignore bullying and just get thicker skin to that too?
    Deal with the problem not the victim.
  • Pxul_
    8036 posts League Winner
    It’s not hard to not go on social media tbh, if you’re getting hate just turn your phone off and watch some Netflix. Life does go on.

I know it’s disgraceful what’s people say on social media. Everyone knows how trolls work and upset people, like @TakeItSlow. But if you ignore them for long enough they go away.
  • ViVaWhom
    8235 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »

its the internet... half the comments are probably BOTS :lol: no reason to take anything personal on bloody twitter
  • El_Nino

its the internet... half the comments are probably BOTS :lol: no reason to take anything personal on bloody twitter
    Ah so because it’s online bullying is okay then?

• El_Nino
    edited September 18
    I’d get people if what footballers got on Twitter were criticism and trolling regarding there performance,but what they get a lot of the time Is personal attacks and death threats the their friends and family.

Really don’t get the logic of ignoring it. Do the opposite, bring it to light so every can see it’s just not the way to act.
  • ViVaWhom
    8235 posts League Winner

Ah so because it’s online bullying is okay then?

No, i dont think thats relevant in this scenario... where its a public figure on a public network where anyone (or anyTHING) can interact with you anonymously, you cant police that and you really shouldnt take any of it serious considering, as i said, it could be a BOT or some 11 year old kid :lol:

i mean i dont think he is losing anything by leaving twitter, and he is doing the right thing if he feels he cant handle nobodies posting mean comments but to ask the internet to not be the internet is a losing battle
  • Pxul_
    8036 posts League Winner
    Many celebrities have decided against shining a light on the twitter trolls after jesi from little mix’s documentary about them. The reaction is what they want, and if you don’t give it to them they’ll just go away.
  • SDoofus
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Many celebrities have decided against shining a light on the twitter trolls after jesi from little mix’s documentary about them. The reaction is what they want, and if you don’t give it to them they’ll just go away.

She literally attempted suicide.
  • Kellnerr
    2711 posts Fans' Favourite
    There is no such thing as a undeserved winner in a cup competition.

And the penalty was probably a 95-5 one, hence why VAR couldn't do anything, that's quite stupid. I'm quite sure, if Brych was allowed to watch at it again, he'd not have given it. Should have seen it in the first place though, but nothing to expect from a ref that can't even see if a ball goes out of play or in goal :joy:
  • Argie8
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »

No one deserves the abuse that a lot of these players get. Should be trying to address the problem rather than just trying to make people less bothered by it.

Exactly. Footballers get way too much abuse. It's beyond ridiculous. I hate people who have the mindset wElL tHeY gEt PaId EnOuGh as well
  • SDoofus
    70762360_2704086066270899_4356305802718347264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmDR-DIP-4NARNz9_0Z0xMzPdfTTb9YJwZasLM2oV9BkUp2rlJVv7MIjHjiFJueA1I&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=25fe1ed73ccb990865879ba86d21f0ef&oe=5DFA8038

Salah should have gone down here, considering how Napoli's penalty came about. Clear contact.
  • ViVaWhom
    8235 posts League Winner
    hmmm looks a clear red for salah with the knee to the head
  • Mike
    10034 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 18
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Apparently Robertson has had to deactivate his twitter account? This new breed of Liverpool fans we've gotten over the last couple of great years has really brought about some poisonous people.
    New breed? Couple years? :lol:
  • LFC Simon 98
    17724 posts World Class
    Mike wrote: »
    Apparently Robertson has had to deactivate his twitter account? This new breed of Liverpool fans we've gotten over the last couple of great years has really brought about some poisonous people.
    New breed? :lol:

No one was telling Jonjo Shelvey or Rickie Lambert to kill themselves.

Success creates horrible fans.

You should know that as well as anyone would
  • SDoofus
    edited September 18

Yep. City fan got charged for racially abusing Sterling literally last week, lol.
  • ViVaWhom
    8235 posts League Winner

was twitter even a thing back then.... players for sure werent on there
  • LFC Simon 98
    17724 posts World Class

In 2015? Yes Twitter was indeed a thing then.

You get the point I’m making. Go back to the 17-18 season. There was none of this crap.
  • SDoofus

Lol wtf. Of course it was. Pretty sure it came out when I was still like 16 or 17 in school. Players definitely had Twitter in the 2010s. I mean, Rooney's famous "Hi rio do u want picking up in the morning pal" was probably around 2010 or 2011. Lambert at Liverpool era was like 2014.
  • Kellnerr
    Twitter was a thing waaaay before facebook and obviously insta and stuff. It's even becoming more and more irrelevant nowadays
  • Mike
    10034 posts Has That Special Something

Liverpool fans have been like this for decades
  • LFC Simon 98
    17724 posts World Class

Okay
  • tilen11
    5361 posts Big Money Move
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Twitter was a thing waaaay before facebook and obviously insta and stuff. It's even becoming more and more irrelevant nowadays

Facebook came out about 2-3y before Twitter but it wasnt really a thing among celebrities, sport figures etc. They all used Twitter as soon it came out.
  • SDoofus

Bitter.
  • Kellnerr
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Facebook came out about 2-3y before Twitter but it wasnt really a thing among celebrities, sport figures etc. They all used Twitter as soon it came out.

Yeah, facebook has always been more popular, but there weren't things like fan pages yet so VIPs went on twitter to share their uninteresting stuff
  • Devers
    7429 posts League Winner
    hmmm looks a clear red for salah with the knee to the head

You try way to hard
  • Wyojasond
    11934 posts Has That Special Something
    Social media in general is just a horrible place. Everyone thinks they are untouchable hence why we have so many keyboard warriors.

I’ll never understand any sort of person that thinks it’s ok to hide on the internet and spew hate at some one for something as insignificant as a damn game. Every single fan base has horrible people in it. They always have and they always will.
  • ViVaWhom
    8235 posts League Winner

Lol wtf. Of course it was. Pretty sure it came out when I was still like 16 or 17 in school. Players definitely had Twitter in the 2010s. I mean, Rooney's famous "Hi rio do u want picking up in the morning pal" was probably around 2010 or 2011. cat Liverpool era was like 2014.

hmm i am gonna have to argue this tbh

i dont think Lambert even has Twitter account now lol
  • SDoofus

Lol wtf. Of course it was. Pretty sure it came out when I was still like 16 or 17 in school. Players definitely had Twitter in the 2010s. I mean, Rooney's famous "Hi rio do u want picking up in the morning pal" was probably around 2010 or 2011. cat Liverpool era was like 2014.

hmm i am gonna have to argue this tbh

i dont think Lambert even has Twitter account now lol

How can you possibly argue it?