Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Tornado31619
    17904 posts World Class
    Would stick to it even when Tierney and Bellerin are back TBH.
  • TakeItSlow
    8043 posts League Winner

That doesn't make sense.
  • Tornado31619
    17904 posts World Class
    The formation, that is. Bellerin and Tierney would obviously come in at wing-back.
  • arsenalap
    6111 posts Big Money Move

Well no because we have many CMs and when Laca is back itll be a front 3.

The main reason for that formation is the wing backs, and to get Holding involved.
  • TakeItSlow
    8043 posts League Winner
    The formation, that is. Bellerin and Tierney would obviously come in at wing-back.

Willock, Ceballos, Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, Nelson, Auba, Laca, Pepe and Ozil...

For 5 positions? I don't think so. Needs to be a 433 when everyones fit.
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain

Moh right on the money about Luiz
  • El_Nino
    3967 posts National Call-Up
    So @TakeItSlow if Lampard in your eyes is tactically inept then you must think Emery is a massive joke?
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain
    Think its pretty widely accepted that Emery will be gone if you don't make top 4 and that he'll get until the end of the season.

Assuming you make a change next summer, who would you like to see the club go for?
  • Pughy30
    26382 posts Player of the Year
    With how **** our defence has been over the years there's only one man for the job after Emery
    jose-mourinho-main_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2oUEflmHZZHjcYuvN_Gr-bVmXC2g6irFbtWDjolSHWg.jpg?imwidth=450
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    With how **** our defence has been over the years there's only one man for the job after Emery
    jose-mourinho-main_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2oUEflmHZZHjcYuvN_Gr-bVmXC2g6irFbtWDjolSHWg.jpg?imwidth=450

Ngl, I'd love to see that even though I can't see your owners and DOF being stupid enough to do it
  • Pxul_
    8284 posts League Winner
    I think mou would actually sort Arsenal out tbh
  • Pughy30
    I'd take Mourinho at Arsenal any day. I know his time at United was a mess but he's a proven winner, i don't think he'd allow players to be so naive and mentally weak and you know he'll sort out a defence.
  • forearms
    4976 posts Big Money Move
    I'd take Mourinho at Arsenal any day. I know his time at United was a mess but he's a proven winner, i don't think he'd allow players to be so naive and mentally weak and you know he'll sort out a defence.

Would give us an opportunity to unload Matic.
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain

My prediction?

You'd make top 4 year one, you'd strengthen with view to a title charge in year 2 but just make top 4 again with tensions rising internally, he'd be sacked midway into season 3 with the club struggling for top half.

Oh, and you'd win some small cups along the way.

He's just not worth the damage he does longterm anymore. Net negative for a club that needs building like United or Arsenal.

Only situation he's suited to is if you have everything in place already and just need someone to win the major honors for about two years before sacking them. (Madrid)
  • arsenalap
    6111 posts Big Money Move
    I hate Mourinho, no thanks.

Benitez, Allegri, or someone new like Nagelsmann.

Nagelsmann would be my ideal manager, can bring some players with him.
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »

I personally think both Allegri and Benitez would be great for you.

No shouts for Viera? He's done decent in his career so far, no?
  • Pughy30
    I still think Vieira is too raw yet. He's showing good early signs as a manager at Nice though especially in setting his team up defensively so I definitely think down the road he'll manage us at some point
  • Pughy30
    arsenalap wrote: »

I'd take Benitez. Nagelsmann wouldn't join us i don't think he's only just joined Leipzig
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain
    I still think Vieira is too raw yet. He's showing good early signs as a manager at Nice though especially in setting his team up defensively so I definitely think down the road he'll manage us at some point

I think City will go for him when Pep moves on in a few years.

If he isn't your next manager, I don't think you get him period personally.
  • Teh Zombz
    3915 posts National Call-Up
    jose is an appealing manager unless you've already had him at your club
  • TakeItSlow
    8043 posts League Winner
    edited September 15
    Yeah if Emery fails to make top 4 he's 100% gone. I'd take Allegri. Don't want Jose anywhere near.
  • Sellish
    9524 posts League Winner
    edited September 15
    How can some Arsenal fans want one of Wenger's biggest rival?
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    jose is an appealing manager unless you've already had him at your club

He’s the easy answer when you’re desperate because all you see is the winning. Then you see the costs of it and you realize you sold your soul to the devil for a mirage.
  • Ashy
    10030 posts Has That Special Something
    I'll take Ljungberg because he's a club legend
  • Sellish
    9524 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »

I would love that for obvious reasons.
  • Pxul_
    8284 posts League Winner
    edited September 15
    Sellish wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »

I would love that for obvious reasons.

Really? Didn’t think you liked anyone that is Swedish 😂 ;)
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4388 posts National Call-Up
    Tough to even make sense of that mess today.

Massive improvements needed otherwise the pressure will start to mount. Bellerin/Holding/Tierney need to come in ASAP.
  • G000ner
    4416 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 15
    I don't want Mourinho near this club. At best he gets us to 3rd place and has us struggling at mid-table the following season. He'll leave us in a worse place than when he joined. We'd never be able to challenge for the title under Mourinho- our squad isn't good enough and Mourinho isn't someone who gets the best out of individual players. He'd also ruin most of our promising youth players. Need someone with fresh ideas. Nagelsmann is probably the most appealing.

But as others has mentioned, Emery will get until the end of the season. Possibility we improve significantly when Tierney and Bellerin are back in the side