Alex_cr wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Crossland wrote: »
    The thing is doing that against such poor opposition is different to doing it in the big games.

Exactly my point on England,people get carried away when we hammer Poor teams and completely forget England are a completely different team in tournament pressure football,the same players that play great in qualifiers go missing under pressure always have always will ;)

Yeah the mentality is quite poor. I don’t feel comfortable with any of our players in high pressure games apart from the city/Liverpool players and players who play in different leagues like Sancho.

The united and spurs players are just abysmal in high pressure moments and the ones from smaller teams aren’t used to it.

This doesn’t really make much sense. Let’s look at last nights team

Pickford - we’ve got a problem in this position

TAA - you’re happy because he’s a Liverpool player

Keane - clearly only playing due to lack of game time for Gomez

Maguire - can’t say he buckles under pressure because he’s a Utd player - he’s only played a few games.

Chilwell - doesn’t fit any of your categories - decent prospect, no evidence of poor mentality

Rice - if you can’t see this guy is class then you don’t know football - again no evidence of poor mentality

Henderson - Liverpool

Barkley - actually thought he did ok in the last couple of matches. Unlikely to retain place in long run

Sterling - City

Sancho - you haven’t got a problem with

Kane - scores goals for fun even when playing poorly. Proven against top opposition.

So where’s this poor mentality? Or are you just basing it on previous teams, which obviously would be ridiculous?

I mean it should be obvious, Kane has won nothing, he doesn’t have the right mentality.

Ok, would you like to put some context on that because at the moment I’m struggling to see where you’re coming from.

Kane and Kane's club team bottle everything when they get so very close, he's bringing that mentality to the England setup. Eg not crossing the ball in the semi final.

So we’re going to base it on one decision right?

And what have Spurs bottled in terms of winning? Please do tell because I’m struggling here.

Came 3rd in a two horse race, completely bottled that "title challenge". In general whenever they come close to something they tend to fail. Until Kane wins something of note i don't think that'll change.

There’s a difference between bottling and losing.

At best that two horse race year they were what 4 point behind with 8 games left or something.

Lost Champo last year but as you know that was down to luck. So can’t blame Kane.

That’s literally it

Time will tell, just don't think the mentality in some players will ever be right. And in general because most of them play for the top teams and play against each other weekly there will naturally be a subconscious block. Its happened for years.

About time Arsenal get rid of Laca and Pepe then.

What’s Auba won? Genuine question

Talking about England players dude. No need to bring Arsenal players, especially ones that have been here for the shortest period of time, into the conversation.
  • Alex_cr
    5251 posts Big Money Move
    The thing is doing that against such poor opposition is different to doing it in the big games.

Exactly my point on England,people get carried away when we hammer Poor teams and completely forget England are a completely different team in tournament pressure football,the same players that play great in qualifiers go missing under pressure always have always will ;)

Yeah the mentality is quite poor. I don’t feel comfortable with any of our players in high pressure games apart from the city/Liverpool players and players who play in different leagues like Sancho.

The united and spurs players are just abysmal in high pressure moments and the ones from smaller teams aren’t used to it.

Maguire - can’t say he buckles under pressure because he’s a Utd player - he’s only played a few games.

Chilwell - doesn’t fit any of your categories - decent prospect, no evidence of poor mentality

Rice - if you can’t see this guy is class then you don’t know football - again no evidence of poor mentality

Henderson - Liverpool

Barkley - actually thought he did ok in the last couple of matches. Unlikely to retain place in long run

Sterling - City

Kane - scores goals for fun even when playing poorly. Proven against top opposition.

So where’s this poor mentality? Or are you just basing it on previous teams, which obviously would be ridiculous?

I mean it should be obvious, Kane has won nothing, he doesn’t have the right mentality.

Ok, would you like to put some context on that because at the moment I’m struggling to see where you’re coming from.

Kane and Kane's club team bottle everything when they get so very close, he's bringing that mentality to the England setup. Eg not crossing the ball in the semi final.

And what have Spurs bottled in terms of winning? Please do tell because I’m struggling here.

Came 3rd in a two horse race, completely bottled that "title challenge". In general whenever they come close to something they tend to fail. Until Kane wins something of note i don't think that'll change.

At best that two horse race year they were what 4 point behind with 8 games left or something.

Lost Champo last year but as you know that was down to luck. So can’t blame Kane.

That’s literally it

Time will tell, just don't think the mentality in some players will ever be right. And in general because most of them play for the top teams and play against each other weekly there will naturally be a subconscious block. Its happened for years.

Talking about England players dude. No need to bring Arsenal players, especially ones that have been here for the shortest period of time, into the conversation.

In general it’s frowned upon to tar a group of individuals with the same brush based on their nationality.
  • Crossland
    8166 posts League Winner

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

Why have people started talking about the Premier League this started about England and how people suddenly think we can Win a Trophie because we beat teams in qualifying !

• Alex_cr
    5251 posts Big Money Move

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

Why have people started talking about the Premier League this started about England and how people suddenly think we can Win a Trophie because we beat teams in qualifying !

Maybe because he based his argument on a premier league team failing to win the premier league🤔
  • JR
    8074 posts League Winner

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

You’re really boring now
  • Pugzilla
    16460 posts World Class
    Just need FIFABoss back to stir the pot now and then we’ve reached peak **** talking on the forums.
  • Crossland
    8166 posts League Winner
    JR wrote: »

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

You’re really boring now

😂😂 "Good old JR"
  • JR
    8074 posts League Winner

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

You’re really boring now

😂😂 "Good old JR"

I think you’ve lost the plot, can’t even deny you aren’t a troll anymore
  • Crossland
    8166 posts League Winner
    edited September 11

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

You’re really boring now

😂😂 "Good old JR"

Haha just enjoy your points of view and how "triggered" you get over the smallest of things ;)
  • JR
    8074 posts League Winner

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

You’re really boring now

😂😂 "Good old JR"

Haha just enjoy your points of view and how "triggered" you get over the smallest of things ;)

I’m not triggered I’m just embarrassed for you, how you spend your time on a forum talking nonsense
  • Crossland
    8166 posts League Winner
    edited September 11

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

You’re really boring now

😂😂 "Good old JR"

I’m not triggered I’m just embarrassed for you, how you spend your time on a forum talking nonsense

"Nonsense" and having a different opinion to others is two completely different things it's called debating ;)

And if I'm not mistaken partly what a Forum is all about ;)
  • JR
    8074 posts League Winner

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

You’re really boring now

😂😂 "Good old JR"

"Nonsense" and having a different opinion to others is two completely different things it's called debating ;)

Well that would be true but you aren’t debating
  • Crossland
    8166 posts League Winner

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

You’re really boring now

😂😂 "Good old JR"

I am debating,I was debating the fact that people thought England are capable of going to the Euros or WC and winning it,I had my opinion they had theirs,they were different but people don't like that and aren't adult enough to debate it like adults.

The English mentality is why foreign fans hate the English !
  • JR
    8074 posts League Winner

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

You’re really boring now

😂😂 "Good old JR"

I am debating,I was debating the fact that people thought England are capable of going to the Euros or WC and winning it,I had my opinion they had theirs,they were different but people don't like that and aren't adult enough to debate it like adults.

Probably hate us because of people like yourself
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21513 posts Club Captain
    Bring on the club football :smiley:
  • UM4R
    3970 posts Moderator
    Everyone needs to take a breath and calm down
  • Crossland
    8166 posts League Winner

Henderson - Liverpool

Sterling - City

That’s literally it

You’re really boring now

😂😂 "Good old JR"

Probably hate us because of people like yourself

I doubt that as I don't go around hyping the National team up because they do well in Qualifiers beating teams like Kosovo and such like,England fans are like Liverpool fans always thinking it's their "Year" or "Tournament" and never look at the bigger picture and see the national teams failings are the same every tournament "No character" " Little Passion" and an ultimate failure when it comes to mixing it with the big boys.
  • Crossland
    8166 posts League Winner
    edited September 11
    UM4R wrote: »
    Everyone needs to take a breath and calm down

It's Debating mate nothing more,nobody is getting insulted that's kind of what these forums are meant for really isn't it ?
  • CeeQue
    11223 posts Has That Special Something
    Threads been SvySZiA.pngpatrice.pngd0c37034899550ba8a56fec99764d496.png?t=1452450120mjlol.png
  • arsenalap
    5779 posts Big Money Move
    If we are going to win anything, the front 3 will need to carry us. They are all incredible players with top mentalities.

Which is why I dont see any reason for Southgate to mess around with it and rotate. Play all 3 together as much as possible so they can learn from each other. Its moronic to rotate, unless someone is fatigued, as it's clear that is the best chance we have.

Internationally, its probably the most dynamic and productive front 3 in the world, Portugal and France being at a similar level.
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    @TakeItSlow and @Crossland living in some of these lads’ heads rent free atm
  • RealM
    5828 posts Big Money Move
    Marcelino has been sacked. Saw it coming a while back when it was speculated.
    Nothing to do with results, simply a disagreement with the owner.
  • Choepiechakie
    31695 posts National Team Captain
    RealM wrote: »
    Marcelino has been sacked. Saw it coming a while back when it was speculated.
    Nothing to do with results, simply a disagreement with the owner.

Lin is a ****
  • Crossland
    8166 posts League Winner
    Carswell wrote: »
    @TakeItSlow and @Crossland living in some of these lads’ heads rent free atm

Haha me and the Goat ain't never paying no rent ;)
  • RealM
    5828 posts Big Money Move
    Looking forward to Kompany game tonight, should be fun to watch.
  • ccooaattssyy
    8243 posts League Winner
    France/Netherlands will win the Euros.
  • BrentfordFC
    12324 posts Has That Special Something
    France/Netherlands will win the Euros.

@Pauldejong6 is that you ? :trollface:
  • arsenalap
    Why isn't Henry playing???!
  • arsenalap
    Ireland still can play.

Shame about his career, looks a step ahead of most these players despite having nowhere near as good of career.