Two most reputable and veracious community figures claim that FIFA20 is special

Comments

• SPN1987
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    This is such a negative and toxic forum that I believe it actually made FIFA19 a worse experience for me. The people who want FIFA20 to be bad, whether it’s consciously or subconsciously, will say it’s bad. If you’re a level headed individual and are willing to give the game a chance you will be able to form a genuine opinion without bias.

For FIFA20 I’m either going to use this forum and only touch threads which are based on content and promo information, futswaps etc and avoid all the moaning about scripting etc or not use it at all, because the people here who only want to slag the game off will do so regardless of how good or bad it ends up being.

Listen to good arguments instead. It's hard to filter them out here though, because most ppl around here can't form a proper argumentation. Emotional rants are the worst since they have a complete lack of any kind of argumentation.
  • WarrenBarton
    7657 posts League Winner
    crazy, I’ve read op’s post about 8 times now but I can’t see my name or @fab mentioned anywhere 🤷‍♂️
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1182 posts Professional
    Give it a few weeks and these youtubers will be crying in their cornflakes again
  • Dazzler179
    1149 posts Professional
    It’s not just the gameplay that’s been wrong though.

It’s the greed, constant mistakes, lack of patches and delay!
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Seandimes wrote: »
    I rather trust my own experience with ea than two random YouTube guys.

The cycle is always the same. Youtubers and ea hyping the game up pre release. Game on release is actually decent with a few minor flaws.
    Couple patches later, and the game plays completely different, and not in a good way.
    People complain, ea promises to do better in the next FIFA, repeat the cycle.

I recognize this cycle, believe me :D. And the purpose of this thread is to illuminate that this cycle may well be broken this year based off reliable sources! Which is a breakthrough in itself!

I have a feeling these positive videos may be aimed at the likes of yourself tbh, automatically believing based on the perceived reputation of the creator.

These guys have been around (and once part of this very forum) since FIFA went online; their reputation speaks for itself. If you find them incredulous -- well that's more to say about you than my naivité.

Weird they aren't lining up to agree with you but look your opinion is your opinion. As above I hope you enjoy the game, my personal experience of the game led me to cancel my pre order but it's completely subjective.

Same although I didn’t pre order. I’ll keep an eye on the forums and might buy it later if opinion of those on here I trust is positive.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3392 posts National Call-Up
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Seandimes wrote: »
    I rather trust my own experience with ea than two random YouTube guys.

The cycle is always the same. Youtubers and ea hyping the game up pre release. Game on release is actually decent with a few minor flaws.
    Couple patches later, and the game plays completely different, and not in a good way.
    People complain, ea promises to do better in the next FIFA, repeat the cycle.

I recognize this cycle, believe me :D. And the purpose of this thread is to illuminate that this cycle may well be broken this year based off reliable sources! Which is a breakthrough in itself!

I have a feeling these positive videos may be aimed at the likes of yourself tbh, automatically believing based on the perceived reputation of the creator.

These guys have been around (and once part of this very forum) since FIFA went online; their reputation speaks for itself. If you find them incredulous -- well that's more to say about you than my naivité.

Weird they aren't lining up to agree with you but look your opinion is your opinion. As above I hope you enjoy the game, my personal experience of the game led me to cancel my pre order but it's completely subjective.

Same although I didn’t pre order. I’ll keep an eye on the forums and might buy it later if opinion of those on here I trust is positive.

Also you, Brutus? ;)
  • FCBlunt
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    This is such a negative and toxic forum that I believe it actually made FIFA19 a worse experience for me. The people who want FIFA20 to be bad, whether it’s consciously or subconsciously, will say it’s bad. If you’re a level headed individual and are willing to give the game a chance you will be able to form a genuine opinion without bias.

For FIFA20 I’m either going to use this forum and only touch threads which are based on content and promo information, futswaps etc and avoid all the moaning about scripting etc or not use it at all, because the people here who only want to slag the game off will do so regardless of how good or bad it ends up being.

Ahh, that’s cute.

It made a better experience for me, and most “toxic” forumers you see, once were like you. It’s been quiet a ride, but the forum were deffo the best part of it. Sharing tactics etc. Just great.

However, toxic games makes toxic communities.
  • Thefranchise92
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Jpo41 wrote: »
    Woah the people that make money off the content of the game said it was good? No way......everyone hurry and preorder the ultimate edition. Wait he took a trip to EA where they could have paid him lots of money and given them better pack weights. (For more revenue on pack opening videos) Something doesn't sound right

Your cynicism is misguided. Whilst neither of them is completely unbiased and impartial, we're talking about two stalwart pillars of the community with a wayward ethos who just want a solid game of football man. If those two were found shilling then my faith in humanity is forever tarnished.

Why do you talk like your 1900s Victorian. Your either russell brand or just being facetious
  • Aqeel87
    2601 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ll form my own opinions about the game, I don’t need some youtuber or easily swayed forumer to tell me what I do and don’t like about it.

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    11509 posts Has That Special Something
    The best thing is now the numbers have dropped FIFA 19 is the most responsive and silky smooth I've ever seen it. Players can dribble properly, skill moves register doesn't seem to be much bs and it's a great experience right now.

Going to be some laugh when the people are all complaining about delayed and unresponsive gameplay on 20 and the ones staying on 19 will be saying it's so responsive and smooth and best it's ever been.

Is it really worth starting the grind all over again to play a worse game riddled with the most frustrating game ever when you could keep the end teams and play a game that's actually working as intended. That's only if it stays like this but it's a no brainer to me.

I will happily sacrifice content for good gameplay.
  • Orison
    48727 posts FIFA Cover Star
    forearms wrote: »
    Woah the people that make money off the content of the game said it was good? No way......everyone hurry and preorder the ultimate edition. Wait he took a trip to EA where they could have paid him lots of money and given them better pack weights. (For more revenue on pack opening videos) Something doesn't sound right

Your cynicism is misguided. Whilst neither of them is completely unbiased and impartial, we're talking about two stalwart pillars of the community with a wayward ethos who just want a solid game of football man. If those two were found shilling then my faith in humanity is forever tarnished.

You're talking like they're your best mates, all you can go on is a bunch of videos they get paid to make. Ngl if EA invited me to things or I'd became pally with developers I'd say whatever was required to not lose that.

Very true.

I would be really interested to hear your opinion (now that you are no longer affiliated with EA) on some of the things we had "disagreements" on in the past. Most notably, that users agreement.

It's kinda funny how people think normal mods have to keep their mouths shut, but once they aren't mods anymore they can finally say what they are actually thinking.

It's not that deep pal. Mods can criticize ea without getting into any trouble
  • lIlIlIlIlIl

Why do you talk like your 1900s Victorian. Your either russell brand or just being facetious

I don't know who that is but i'd be more concerned with the masses having the linguistic breadth of a 12-year-old.
  • selb
    6579 posts Big Money Move

I don't know who that is but i'd be more concerned with the masses having the linguistic breadth of a 12-year-old.

I think I know who this is.....you're Jacob Rees-Mogg, using big, long words to deceive the masses 😂
  • Thefranchise92

Completely superfluous what your doing. If you were somewhere else I'd get it. But your finding ( whether that be within yourself or thesaurus) words is just wasting time and a waste of time. People would be more receptive to your side if they actually knew what you were saying or didnt have to google every second word.

Just reeks of overkill talking like that on a fifa forum. Hardly the house of commons. Its like you almost want to distance yourself from the game we all play, you can use whatever words you likex fact is you play fifa like everyone else and this forum is full of people who have just turned teens
  • Thefranchise92

Well i dont know if you know, alot of people here may actually be 12... anyway.. chris eubank sr is that you???!!!
    Stupendous post
  • FCBlunt
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kurt is a nutjob, why would anyone listen to him to begin with. :D
  • Invincibility
    3884 posts National Call-Up
    It's all good untill the pro players find the mechanics to abuse and all the sheep will follow :s
  • Ishibum
    12493 posts Has That Special Something

Completely superfluous what your doing. If you were somewhere else I'd get it. But your finding ( whether that be within yourself or thesaurus) words is just wasting time and a waste of time. People would be more receptive to your side if they actually knew what you were saying or didnt have to google every second word.

Just reeks of overkill talking like that on a fifa forum. Hardly the house of commons. Its like you almost want to distance yourself from the game we all play, you can use whatever words you likex fact is you play fifa like everyone else and this forum is full of people who have just turned teens

I suspect he's roadtesting a new 'persona' for FIFA '20 after being ignored for most of '19 :lol:
  • Heshyooo
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Theres no way I'm buying fifa 20. I dont care how good they make it or if they give everyone fat Ronaldo for free.

We must take a stand against the insults they've thrown at us consumers over the years

Quite frankly, they dont deserve my money, time or energy.

FUT definitely causes mental health issues
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    Ishibum wrote: »

I suspect he's roadtesting a new 'persona' for FIFA '20 after being ignored for most of '19 :lol:

As much as it is humorous to read these vacuous speculations, I suggest we stick to the topic.
  • SPN1987
    Heshyooo wrote: »
    Theres no way I'm buying fifa 20. I dont care how good they make it or if they give everyone fat Ronaldo for free.

We must take a stand against the insults they've thrown at us consumers over the years

Quite frankly, they dont deserve my money, time or energy.

FUT definitely causes mental health issues

The community is mostly at fault for FIFA being in it's current state. As a community we have dropped our standards to a ridiculous low. Therefore EA can pretty much get away with anything they throw at us. No gaming community is more divided than the FIFA community. And as long that is the case we can't expect anything from EA. Our only hope is the EA developers passion to make a good game. Because they don't necesarrily have to, to make huge profits.
  • SPN1987
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Kurt is a nutjob, why would anyone listen to him to begin with. :D

What makes him a nutjob in regard of his latest video? That video has 100k+ views and a 25:1 like to dislike ratio. Why would anyone listen to you? What makes you relevant? 🙄
  • SPN1987

Describe the term ''ignored'' please. We probably have a way different perception of what it actually means.
  • Thefranchise92

As much as it is humorous to read these vacuous speculations, I suggest we stick to the topic.

I love this guy 😂 so ott.. talking like William shakespeare in a fifa forum with some of the most immature people you'll encounter
  • SebastienEngelhart
    256 posts Sunday League Hero

I may be late to the party but this piece of educated information goes against everything all of you doomsayers have been claiming under the banner of prejudice and cognitive bias. And I must say, this got me very excited for FIFA20. When it comes to this franchise, both Kurt and Inception represent a fountain of knowledge, strong integrity, acute awareness and reason.

These guys fight the uphill battle of non-conformity-- which matters a great deal in this materialistic world filled with shills, relativism and sequacious snowflakes burdened by the need of constant social validation. And so a claim from someone finicky like Kurt that FIFA20 is the best iteration he has ever played - simply cannot be refuted by pointing to the history of this franchise and what not.

I'm not saying you should pre-order FIFA20, but let's dial back on the vindictive-hand-wringing diction before we've had the taste of the game.

Give it til one patch in
  • Pieman25
    16371 posts World Class

I love this guy 😂 so ott.. talking like William shakespeare in a fifa forum with some of the most immature people you'll encounter

I like to read his posts in Stewie from Family Guy's voice.
  • Thefranchise92
    edited September 6

You literally read my mind. You know that episode where peter has the moustache and talks really posh.. like that😂

• JohnDoe
    11300 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 6

What the deuce?