This has got to be the quietest fifa release I have known

Boysie91
11380 posts Has That Special Something
edited September 2019
Hardly see any buzz about fifa 20 even the 20 forum page is dead compared to previous years.
I was looking forward to 20 but now not so much after playing the beta.
I think PES has taken a lot of the fifa fans away this year because of EA's lack of improvement's over the year's.

Could this be the start of the fans walking away from fifa after many years of disappointment?
Post edited by Boysie91 on

Comments

• But what is different for me (but yes the same feeling for 20) is that FUT 19 has been by far the best ever and how can 20 actually make it better for me and therefore long term interest in fifa 20.
  • I agree, everything seems dead.
  • Boysie91
    Andyh60 wrote: »
    But what is different for me (but yes the same feeling for 20) is that FUT 19 has been by far the best ever and how can 20 actually make it better for me and therefore long term interest in fifa 20.

I liked fifa 19 but hated the gameplay. Timed shooting absolutely killed the game for me along with poor tackling system.
  • Yes I just put up with the gameplay as only so much you can do and they'll always be something to moan about. However just saying FUT 19 has been the best gaming experience in modern era (say over a decade). I mean making WL easier to qualify for, more rewards via rivals, so many good sbcs, brilliant objectives, way less money spent for a much better end team and ok a bit better pack luck so yes I have to say 10/10.

Therefore yes my point being and yes almost gutting is how can it be better for 20?
  • Andyh60
    788 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2019
    But what is different for me (but yes the same feeling for 20) is that FUT 19 has been by far the best ever and how can 20 actually make it better for me and therefore long term interest in fifa 20.

Worst gameplay ever, even thought the content was good the gameplay is the most important thing and it was **** abysmal.

Yes its important but again as said content and "story" of FUT 19 by far the most important thing for me so again why I fear for 20 but yes all things everyone else has said so true aswell.

I mean thats why I've ditched fm for a few years as content just boring but never cared about their match engine, I still would only want commentary anyway but yes fifa game play no matter what is still more fun than any full match in fm.

I mean if fm had equivalent of FUT then yh would prob never touch fifa ever but obviously that isn't the case.
  • DanielA-NUFC
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Boysie91 wrote: »

I liked fifa 19 but hated the gameplay. Timed shooting absolutely killed the game for me along with poor tackling system.

I turned timed shooting off
  • Boysie91

I turned timed shooting off

Same I think using it felt like I was cheating so turned it off in 5 games.
  • Boommaametw3
    2919 posts National Call-Up
    Hardly see any buzz about fifa 20 even the 20 forum page is dead compared to previous years.
    I think PES has taken a lot of the fifa fans away this year because of EA's lack of improvement's over the year's.

Could this be the start of the fans walking away from fifa after many years of disappointment?

PES will never overtake fifa. They lost the battle in 2009 when EA started ultimate team.
  • Boysie91

PES will never overtake fifa. They lost the battle in 2009 when EA started ultimate team.

If pes did an online career mode it could end UT
  • cdbuck26
    3806 posts National Call-Up

The problem is that we can't even draw that up on paper, how are they supposed to carry that out in the actual game like how would it even work?
  • Shaanxz
    21474 posts Club Captain
    Pes only just released master league news and they haven’t announced anything with my club and the game is available in a week
  • Designer
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lol I switched to PES 2018 and skipped FIFA 18, it's literally a quiet game. Although I enjoyed it a lot it there was something so quiet, dull and bland about the whole game. The option files have a limit, you'd have to delete lots of files to make way for new ones and it gets pretty hectic and inconvenient. You spend most of your time tweaking and editing stuff instead of enjoying the game, like a PC gamer, I bought the game to play straight off not to correct stuff. Then I started to miss the livelyness, presentation and completeness of FIFA, now I don't think I wanna go back to PES till Konami take licences seriously.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2019
    Last FIFA on this awful engine. New gen next year. People are not stupid.
  • swfcfan89
    1161 posts Professional
    I just think the community is much more spread out than it used to be. A lot of the more recent players now seem to follow a few Youtubers and stick to Twitter and Twitch chat to talk FIFA. Reddit also has a following. People also seem to get banned a lot for trivial reasons on the forums so that probably plays a part.

I'm still not seeing anywhere near the hype it usually gets, though, which is a shame because I always look forward to a new FIFA and starting fresh on FUT no matter how bad the game is.

I think 19 really did a lot of irreparable damage with some of the choices they made like the Prime Icon Moments debacle along with the many gameplay complaints.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3041 posts National Call-Up
    There's still plenty of hype around FIFA, there always will be.
    But I do think that EA broke some people with FIFA 19, worst FIFA in quite some time imo
  • china2991
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hard to hype up a game that is practically the same, AT least 17,18,19 stepped up in getting 100x worse each year but FIFA20 doesn't seem worse than 19 it just seem's the same
  • Joestoe
    8554 posts League Winner
    edited September 2019
    Recoba wrote: »
    Last FIFA on this awful engine. New gen next year. People are not stupid.

You’d be surprised.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why do you think they are not marketing it?

Simply because it doesn't work properly as it is based on the FIFA 19 engine.
    Early beta testers confirm the same thing. The game is however slower but that was the case for FIFA 19 in the beginning too. Then EA wants to sell packs to kids so they speed everything up with "patches".

This is a waste of money just like FIFA 19 was a waste of money.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    437 posts Sunday League Hero

Well I for one will never buy an EA game again. If I want to play football, I will buy PES instead.
    Soon their game will be out so I will give it a try. AND they don't have Piemonte Calcio.
  • Thefranchise92
    4317 posts National Call-Up

Worst gameplay ever, even thought the content was good the gameplay is the most important thing and it was **** abysmal.

Yes its important but again as said content and "story" of FUT 19 by far the most important thing for me so again why I fear for 20 but yes all things everyone else has said so true aswell.

I mean thats why I've ditched fm for a few years as content just boring but never cared about their match engine, I still would only want commentary anyway but yes fifa game play no matter what is still more fun than any full match in fm.

I mean if fm had equivalent of FUT then yh would prob never touch fifa ever but obviously that isn't the case.

How content be the most important thing 🤦‍♂️.. if there was no gameplay there wouldnt be a game. If there was no content there would be a game
  • purcvl
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There was a

How content be the most important thing 🤦‍♂️.. if there was no gameplay there wouldnt be a game. If there was no content there would be a game

There was a game before there was content. Most people were content with it back then
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move

I’ve never played career mode but if they did that, I definitely would. Would be so much more immersive than UT
  • Moiizer
    9664 posts League Winner
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »

Well I for one will never buy an EA game again. If I want to play football, I will buy PES instead.
    Soon their game will be out so I will give it a try. AND they don't have Piemonte Calcio.

Begs the question why you're on a fifa 20 pre launch forum then?
  • DaMMian
    1254 posts Professional
    new icons and one new game mode will not sell the game. For people, it's a good lesson what ea does in this and the previous year, how he listens to players and how he fixes the game 11 months after the premiere XD
  • Jboom98
    475 posts Sunday League Hero

Pes has better gameplay and at least you can defend properly I first played Pes last year and I was impressed with master league which looks better this year than FIFA career mode which looks even more dull Pes looks like it's improved the graphics quite a lot you can't judge a game you've never played and deny it or not the gap is closing if Pes overtake FIFA you'll hear about it but just give Pes a chance like smokey joe.
  • Thefranchise92
    4317 posts National Call-Up
    Jboom98 wrote: »

Pes has better gameplay and at least you can defend properly I first played Pes last year and I was impressed with master league which looks better this year than FIFA career mode which looks even more dull Pes looks like it's improved the graphics quite a lot you can't judge a game you've never played and deny it or not the gap is closing if Pes overtake FIFA you'll hear about it but just give Pes a chance like smokey joe.

I dont get the pes lovers. I like fifa and I'm certainly not in the pes forums cos I don't care for pes and will never play pes until o personally like it.

Why are all the people saying pes is so great here on a Fifa forum? Makes no sense
  • QuidoFrontiere
    468 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jboom98 wrote: »

I willl probably play PES instead of FIFA if PES have licences... (xbox player)
  • Jboom98 wrote: »

I dont get the pes lovers. I like fifa and I'm certainly not in the pes forums cos I don't care for pes and will never play pes until o personally like it.

Why are all the people saying pes is so great here on a Fifa forum? Makes no sense

It makes complete since in my opinion...
    Because in Pes, konami are really trying to do so much for their fans. At least they're not stuck with Piemonte Calcio and can literally edit licenses with an easy option file. Even i enjoy fifa more, but it feels like no matter what we're saying Ea just doesn't even care... Mate, the kit Numbers and names on fifa are a joke. No edit mode where you can just create a team or edit a kit. People like to have some freedom to make the game perfect since Ea only cares about FUT. as simple as that.
  • china2991
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PES/Konami are not doing anything for fans they are releasing the same exact crap that fifa release, they market and change 1 game mode (their version of FUT) Clubs has been there for the taking for years now and PES has not even attempted to make their own version and although i do not like particularly like the way an 11v11 game plays out i feel like their gameplay is perfect for controlling 1 player. It's just mind boggling i mean if there is any part of the FIFA fanbase that could be swayed into moving over to PES it's people who play clubs as their main game mode.

They are as companies as bad as each other. Konami should take note from activision or whoever makes cod these days for swoopin in and taking advantage of battlefields wounds.