The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    15495 posts World Class
    EddieFicio wrote: »

What the hell were vuvuzelas doing there?
  • Ashy
    9731 posts League Winner
    Mustafi to Juventus?
  • EddieFicio
    21760 posts Club Captain
    Ask the german

@Orison
  • Orison
    48601 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Pretty sure they banned Vuvuzelas back in 2010 lol.
  • Alemas_2012
    15495 posts World Class
    Orison wrote: »
    Pretty sure they banned Vuvuzelas back in 2010 lol.

Must have lifted the ban for last year's World Cup, I remember one of the countries brought something that sounded a lot like them to their matches. :D
  • Tof33z
    6746 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Arsenal fan on 606,theyre winning the league this season and Ozil is much better than Dé Bruyne 😂😂😂

This is why we have Brexit. Stupid people everywhere

Didn't vote as I was too young, but would have voted Brexit at the time. With how it has panned out probably wouldn't have bothered but to say people who voted Brexit are stupid when 52% of voters voted for Brexit is stupid in itself.

Would you have understood what you were voting for?

Yes, but I wouldn't have expected the process of leaving to be how it has been. I thought the negotiations would be much quicker and I expected a deal to happen, and thought if it came to it we would leave without a deal much quicker after realising the negotiations are getting nowhere.

It was utterly blindingly obvious beforehand how difficult it would be. Anyway sorry for derail it was just a joke
  • GL
    6634 posts Big Money Move
    Bale saving Zidane’s job lel
  • Thefranchise92
    3721 posts National Call-Up
    arsenalap wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Anyway... anyone know why kolasinac and ozil weren't playing ( i know it was cos of the robbery situation). But can now?

I mean... did you watch it?

I mean werent previously playing. Obviously they played today 🤦‍♂️

Then yes it was. Ozil just isn't first choice anymore, but depends on the game.

For the first game of the season. I think it was newcastle they didnt travel for security reasons. I didnt get it..surely they travel with the team and play..now its safe to play? Strange.. i know ozil isnt first choice, just the fact his absence was forced was bizarre and now it isnt
  • EddieFicio
    21760 posts Club Captain
    If you are mugged/attacked or otherwise go through an event that can be traumatic for you and your family, it might be healthy to take some time off work.
  • Thefranchise92
    3721 posts National Call-Up
    If you are mugged/attacked or otherwise go through an event that can be traumatic for you and your family, it might be healthy to take some time off work.

Ah yeah, maybe ozil needed the time..kolasinac on the other hand🤣

I get that time off was needed for them personally to get over the attack. But as I've explained several times the media portrayed it as for their own safety.
  • Tornado31619
    16962 posts World Class
    Carswell wrote: »
    RealM wrote: »
    Eibar currently beating A.Madrid 2-0 20 minutes in. :)

This is what I mean about Atletico.

Yes, we all know you usually have no clue what you’re talking about. :)
    Orison wrote: »
    Simeone is actually a genius.

It's 2-2 against Eibar, my guy subs off Felix for Thomas (so striker off, CDM on) and Thomas scores the 90th minute winner.

Never mind :lol:
  • Davisto
    6292 posts Big Money Move

I get that time off was needed for them personally to get over the attack. But as I've explained several times the media portrayed it as for their own safety.

Safety from themselves
  • BrentfordFC
    12053 posts Has That Special Something

They got death threats from it all and they knew where ozil lives.
  • DaftPunk
    1076 posts Professional
    Mkhitaryan on his way to Roma B)
  • Arsenalfan97
    7699 posts League Winner
    DaftPunk wrote: »
    Mkhitaryan on his way to Roma B)

Oh plz make it happen
  • TakeItSlow
    7332 posts Big Money Move
    Mustafi is completely out of favour so not worried about him playing if he stays. But Mikky was always a worry, bloke plays way too often. Thank lord he’s going.

Apparently the deal is Roma have to buy if he plays 25 games for them this season. He better perform 😂
  • RealM
    5619 posts Big Money Move
    I can't wait for Hazard to be fit.
  • UM4R
    3936 posts Moderator
    edited September 2
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Mustafi is completely out of favour so not worried about him playing if he stays. But Mikky was always a worry, bloke plays way too often. Thank lord he’s going.

Apparently the deal is Roma have to buy if he plays 25 games for them this season. He better perform 😂

but it's only a loan so whats the point? he'll be back next season :D

• LFC Simon 98
    17262 posts World Class
    edited September 2
    Pep claiming Laporte's injury is bad and that City didn’t have the spending power to get a new CB which gives an unfair advantage to Liverpool.

He’s obsessed with us atm.

"We could not buy like the opponents (Liverpool and Manchester United) or (for what) teams ask for these players. People believe (we can) still – of course we spent a lot two seasons ago – but last season one player, this season a little bit more, so we could not pay the money wanted.
  • EddieFicio
    21760 posts Club Captain
    Boateng deal off @Orison lel
  • Gyan_33
    29642 posts Player of the Year
    If someone has a spare unused left back somewhere, please send him to Tilburg.
  • Tornado31619
    16962 posts World Class
    Pep claiming Laporte's injury is bad and that City didn’t have the spending power to get a new CB which gives an unfair advantage to Liverpool.

"We could not buy like the opponents (Liverpool and Manchester United) or (for what) teams ask for these players. People believe (we can) still – of course we spent a lot two seasons ago – but last season one player, this season a little bit more, so we could not pay the money wanted.

Think it’s just typical Pep mind games TBH.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gyan_33 wrote: »

I think @Pauldejong6 can play leftback
  • BrentfordFC
    12053 posts Has That Special Something
    Gyan_33 wrote: »

We have one :trollface:
  • TakeItSlow
    UM4R wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

but it's only a loan so whats the point? he'll be back next season :D

Unlike Sanchez it’s an option to buy with obligation to buy if he hits 25 games for Roma. Very different. I’d be annoyed if it was just a loan.
  • Orison
    48601 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Boateng deal off @Orison lel

You dodged a bullet there.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17262 posts World Class

Think it’s just typical Pep mind games TBH.

Just makes him out to be a ****. Always something to cry about
  • Ashy
    9731 posts League Winner
    So is Mustafi on then?
  • TakeItSlow
    Ashy wrote: »
    So is Mustafi on then?

PLEASE