Fut is for the rich. It shouldn't be!!

Comments

• leon1309
    4208 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 27
    "Because it isn't. Nobody denies that it's a similar concept, but under current law it's just not gambling."

Not you again. :) It depends what country you are talking about. In the rest of EU countries (since we have two diferent basic law systems) it might very well go the gambling route. I actually hope lobyist are not as sucsesfull in the rest of the EU as they seemed to be in UK and USA. I dont know specificaly what is the gambling definition in UK (laws can also change btw) but in my country i hope they dont fall for surprise mechanics argument, if it comes down to it.
  • JohnDoe
    11310 posts Has That Special Something
    leon1309 wrote: »
    "Because it isn't. Nobody denies that it's a similar concept, but under current law it's just not gambling."

Not you again. :) It depends what country you are talking about. In the rest of EU countries (since we have two diferent basic law systems) it might very well go the gambling route. I actually hope lobyist are not as sucsesfull in the rest of the EU as they seemed to be in UK and USA. I dont know specificaly what is the gambling definition in UK (laws can also change btw) but in my country i hope they dont fall for surprise mechanics argument, if it comes down to it.

That's not even the thing, there's not really any specific laws (where I'm from) regarding loot boxes or surprise mechanics, but people discuss this like it's all black and white, like it's incredibly easy to succinctly define this whole situation.
  • Orison
    50104 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    leon1309 wrote: »

It's not gambling under any law as far as I know. Yes Belgium wanted to restrict it further hence why EA removed fp, but even there EA wouldn't have to meet that many regulations as real gambling.
  • leon1309
    4208 posts National Call-Up
    That is the reason i am saying definition of the term matters as much as wilingless of parlamentary representitives (in such systems - this is where lobyists come in sadly) to mark this sort of microtransactions as gambling and set up the laws prohibiting the use of such practices in games that are sold to children.
  • purcvl
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    £0 on points. Safe trading only. 35mil profit with a stacked club. Only take Untradables and never had a good red. I’m only a gold player.

The issue is everyone is in a rush to get a great team with is outdated within weeks. Be smart. Coin management is the key. Doesn’t take much effort at all.

Someone please tell me more about this. Like I have no clue how to do this
  • forearms
    4975 posts Big Money Move
    I do prefer the system set up in MLB: the Show title as it allows you to accumulate the players just playing and grinding the game. The downside is that a lot of players end up with the same lineups.

It would be nice if there was a way that companies could marry the "play to acquire" mechanic, with the "PAY/trade to acquire" mechanic, with enough variety to appease the majority of the players. Unfortunately, I dont see that becoming a reality.
  • selb
    6807 posts Big Money Move
    purcvl wrote: »
    £0 on points. Safe trading only. 35mil profit with a stacked club. Only take Untradables and never had a good red. I’m only a gold player.

The issue is everyone is in a rush to get a great team with is outdated within weeks. Be smart. Coin management is the key. Doesn’t take much effort at all.

There are many threads around, look them up and do some reading and research just as pretty much every other successful trader here has done
  • purcvl wrote: »

35 mil profit is a hell of a lot. I have a 95 rated team because of futties and dropped prices but I highly doubt I ever reached 35mil all together.

Props.
  • BeanieGee
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect

35 mil profit is a hell of a lot. I have a 95 rated team because of futties and dropped prices but I highly doubt I ever reached 35mil all together.

Props.

You could mate just do some research it's pretty simple Really, I'm a fut founder but never played it after 1st year (2010 I think?) As I saw it all as a scam to rip people off.
    Started this FIFA with minimal knowledge from picking up FIFA 18 around may last year and I've made 90+ million this FIFA bit of a grind at times, more time spent than I'd like being honest so goal next year is to make similar but less time spent to do so, I made mistakes too so could have hot 100M without them (UCL lives stung me, doing too many sbcs, holding players too long etc) but that's how you learn

1M a week is easy achievable (I made around 20-30M from tots & futies I think when the market went mad)

• Retropoe82
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Look.. every game you play nowdays has mico transactions. Alot all you get is a skin or better looking weapon.

Some is a new car or a bunch of cars, yet fifa give you consumables, players, kits etc etc...

If you want top players save an hit on promos.they don't preasure you to buy fifa points by giving you free packs an coins.

Better you play better the reward.

I get what you seem. Yet in truth ea give you summit bk an if ur lucky a whole new team.
  • Retropoe82
    BeanieGee wrote: »

Props.

You could mate just do some research it's pretty simple Really, I'm a fut founder but never played it after 1st year (2010 I think?) As I saw it all as a scam to rip people off.
    Started this FIFA with minimal knowledge from picking up FIFA 18 around may last year and I've made 90+ million this FIFA bit of a grind at times, more time spent than I'd like being honest so goal next year is to make similar but less time spent to do so, I made mistakes too so could have hot 100M without them (UCL lives stung me, doing too many sbcs, holding players too long etc) but that's how you learn

1M a week is easy achievable (I made around 20-30M from tots & futies I think when the market went mad)

I want ur number for tips mate 👍
  • Team Sam
    1891 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have made 25+ mil from trading this year

• BeanieGee
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Retropoe82 wrote: »

Props.

Haha a few people have told me to set up a paetron, Twitter etc and monitize it not sure I can be arsed ..plus what if I just got lucky this year (I'm about 60 in top 100 so have proof) and half of people doing that stuff are clueless tbh
  • Retropoe82

Props.

Haha a few people have told me to set up a paetron, Twitter etc and monitize it not sure I can be arsed ..plus what if I just got lucky this year (I'm about 60 in top 100 so have proof) and half of people doing that stuff are clueless tbh

Make a youtube channel from it. If your that good as im reading. An can prove it. Even for a laugh for the sake of a few months to the new game get your voice heard. You not only gain a few fans but get coin (real coin) doin it. If i wernt such a maggot an ugly without my untrustworthy face id soon be on giving the advice to young gamers. (Parents cashflow)

You got a gift use it m8
  • Retropoe82

Props.

Make a youtube channel from it. If your that good as im reading. An can prove it. Even for a laugh for the sake of a few months to the new game get your voice heard. You not only gain a few fans but get coin (real coin) doin it. If i wernt such a maggot an ugly without my untrustworthy face id soon be on giving the advice to young gamers. (Parents cashflow)

You got a gift use it m8

Im 30 chuffin 7 now mate. My kids are getting better at gaming then me. Bet ur no older then the wet i just took down the lav. Get in there make a few quid an make us old ens learn a few tricks.

Never keep an old dog down
  • So it seems from all comments, the grind of playing and trading is a lot! Many hours to get icons let alone know how to play the game well.

Conclusion:
    Screw FUT Fifa 20 season mode for me.
  • Orison
    50104 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Great conclusion. Considering all your moaning fut is clearly not for you.
  • Jonboyparker
    5311 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 31
    So it seems from all comments, the grind of playing and trading is a lot! Many hours to get icons let alone know how to play the game well.

Conclusion:
    Screw FUT Fifa 20 season mode for me.

Again... it’s not as bad as you think. It is possible to play casual and make as many coins as you NEED. It’s just sometimes a big profit figure looks very good so you get hooked. It’s not a necessity.

Some people find it fun to make coins so they spend more time doing it. I have excess coins.
  • Drachenfells
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think fut gets away with being horrendously expensive because we're all fans of the beautiful game.

Let's be honest with ourselves for a minute here, in what other full price game would we accept that 700 quid would not get you the entire roster, I mean people went nuts when you had to pay for Luke and Vader in battlefield, well if you think about it Messi and Ronaldo are our Luke and Vader and some of you think it's fine to spend 1000s and still not have them.

My view is if you're going to charge freemium prices make it a free game.
  • RSL183
    583 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm wiping my tears with my dollar bills
  • Safehands84
    3820 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 31
    I think fut gets away with being horrendously expensive because we're all fans of the beautiful game.

Let's be honest with ourselves for a minute here, in what other full price game would we accept that 700 quid would not get you the entire roster, I mean people went nuts when you had to pay for Luke and Vader in battlefield, well if you think about it Messi and Ronaldo are our Luke and Vader and some of you think it's fine to spend 1000s and still not have them.

You dont have to spend a penny as has been shown time and time again in this thread. It's not even hard to make coins . If somebody choices to spend thousands that's there choice but it really isnt necessary, I havent spent a penny, play 3 games a night , think Ive played 3 WL all year past 6 wins. Other than PIM gullit and PiM R9 I can buy any player just by taking packs in rivals and using the players to complete mm, league sbc and other sbc then sell the contents of the packs. You get given enough free players every week and month, to complete the lower rated icons and put a dent in the bigger ones. In 2 months you should have enough free players to complete a top icon.
  • Jonboyparker

You’re right! It isn’t fine. It’s a discrace!

But most people in this thread can get over it becuase we’ve spend a bit of time Learning some simple trading methods to by pass this cash spending eliment. Yes it’s taken a bit of time but most of us are enjoying that side of it so it’s ok. That’s our game. That’s the game we play. We don’t entertain poor rewards and spending money. FP don’t exist to me.

I’d like to get on the side of everyone that spends and gets conned because it’s not fair but that’s what they need to do is choose what type of game they want and stop for themselves. I only pay for the game and tbh I get a lot of game time on it for that. Gameplay is a different issue all together.
  • Drachenfells
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I haven't brought any FIFA points either, and I have a top tier team this year. It just disappoints me that people are happy with the game is run. I'm looking forward to the explosion of rage here when they realize Belgium players have the roster unlocked from day 1 as they can't buy FIFA points......
    (yes it it true, just not public yet😉)
  • I haven't brought any FIFA points either, and I have a top tier team this year. It just disappoints me that people are happy with the game is run. I'm looking forward to the explosion of rage here when they realize Belgium players have the roster unlocked from day 1 as they can't buy FIFA points......

what do you mean?
  • Jonboyparker
    I haven't brought any FIFA points either, and I have a top tier team this year. It just disappoints me that people are happy with the game is run. I'm looking forward to the explosion of rage here when they realize Belgium players have the roster unlocked from day 1 as they can't buy FIFA points......

Yeah I get what you’re saying. I do think the whole set up has spiralled out of control and is now focused on pure profit.

That’s interesting about Belgium. I wonder how that works with a progressive eliment of the game?

• Alex_cr
    5341 posts Big Money Move
    Just throwing it out there, how would people feel if there was a separate mode form FUT where you could use all players but there’s no competitive element to it, just single player online and offline. That way those that want to use all players can.

You see, I love the grind. I love the gradual build, I love the trading aspect. If you make FP more rewarding then that means pack weight goes up and I actually lose out because it’ll become too easy. I don’t want it to be easy for me to build the squad I have. If it was I wouldn’t play all year round.
  • Jonboyparker
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Just throwing it out there, how would people feel if there was a separate mode form FUT where you could use all players but there’s no competitive element to it, just single player online and offline. That way those that want to use all players can.

You see, I love the grind. I love the gradual build, I love the trading aspect. If you make FP more rewarding then that means pack weight goes up and I actually lose out because it’ll become too easy. I don’t want it to be easy for me to build the squad I have. If it was I wouldn’t play all year round.

Yeah, like a test arena thats just a team builder. Play a single game against a similar rated team.
  • Alex_cr

Yeah, like a test arena thats just a team builder. Play a single game against a similar rated team.

Yeah that sort of thing. It’s not something I’d ever use but if the issue really is that people want to use all players then it’s a fair solutions
  • Azof
    16939 posts World Class

This or a free draft with no rewards would have me hooked for the year
  • Alex_cr
    Azof wrote: »

This or a free draft with no rewards would have me hooked for the year

How about a draft within FUT that is free but only the winner gets rewarded?