Waste of time and money

Recoba
3805 posts National Call-Up
edited August 27
Think about it.

Comments

• Mrmad1980
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Under that logic every single game ever is a waste of time and money.
  • IncredibleK
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    But if you put in enough time and or money you could get good enough to go pro and quit your job. Think about it
  • JohnDoe
    11300 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 27
    Waste of money? Not really, I paid a discounted price for a game which has given me months of enjoyment and I've never bought FP, not since I started playing back in FIFA 13.

Waste of time? Maybe. Is any hobby or leisure activity a waste of time? Maybe, but I sure as heck need something to get my mind off work/school.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11312 posts Has That Special Something
    But if you put in enough time and or money you could get good enough to go pro and quit your job. Think about it

If only it was that easy 😂
  • Orison
    48556 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Hobbies are technically a waste of time and money who would have thought. True genius at work @Recoba
  • Kiido
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you enjoy the game then it's not a waste of money or time. Sure, you spend an entire year to build a good squad only to start over next year, but aslong as you enjoy yourself in the process then that's fine.
  • Gnomenclature
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    How do you determine what is a "waste"? For the record, I agree - however:

Is it any time spent not making money? Time not spent with family and friends? Time not completing your "masterpiece"? Time not spent gaining more education?

If so, then just about every minute not spent earning, learning, or hugging is a waste of time and money.

In my opinion, if all your needs are met (ie, not hungry, not lonely, not homeless) there really is no waste of time.

Fullfilment comes in many forms.
  • IncredibleK
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I hold more hopes for the euromillions than me to get good enough to quit my job tbh 😂 don't buy FIFA points but the time I've clocked on the game is crazy
  • Fifa_Hawk_85

I hold more hopes for the euromillions than me to get good enough to quit my job tbh 😂 don't buy FIFA points but the time I've clocked on the game is crazy

I'm the same mate if I was ever going to turn pro it would have happened and all. There's alot of things you need to be a pro gamer outside of just your skills at the game some people could put all the hours under the sun into it and still not cut it as they maybe don't have the mental side of things to succeed like temperament and composure etc.
  • MassiveMits
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Are you talking about this thread?
  • Vaporduff777
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 28

Think about though. All us fifa players would love to be good enough to go pro, we’re all trying to get better all the time.

• Fifa_Hawk_85

Think about though. All us fifa players would love to be good enough to go pro, we’re all trying to get better all the time.

As much as I hate this game and company right now it would be a dream come true to actually earn a good living playing this game. For the majority of people though it will never be anything but a dream.
  • Vix14
    472 posts An Exciting Prospect

As much as I hate this game and company right now it would be a dream come true to actually earn a good living playing this game. For the majority of people though it will never be anything but a dream.

I'm pretty sure that few of the players on this forum must be better than some pro players.
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero

Not on the prize money they offer! Jesus My kids would have starved to death after 3 tournaments
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    AlbinoXI wrote: »

Not on the prize money they offer! Jesus My kids would have starved to death after 3 tournaments

This is actually true 😂

It's what comes with being a pro that makes the money though like brand deals, sponsorships, Social media etc. rather than tournament money. You couldn't live off them tournaments alone lol
  • Heshyooo
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    Recoba wrote: »
    Think about it.

And not to mention waste of our lives.

Who seriously wants to spend 20 hours of gameplay time each weekend playing a game where you cant improve because the way its designed.

Disgraceful