The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• Dan is Clutch
    25028 posts Player of the Year
    CeeQue wrote: »
    So annoying that Millwall bottled that 2-0 lead last night to Oxford.. oh what could of been..

Didn't they change a ruling where those 2 clubs couldn't play each other bar a final?

I’ve always thought the draws were rigged to keep us and Millwall apart ever since we last played them in the cup and there was so much trouble. :joy:
  • CeeQue
    11002 posts Has That Special Something
    CeeQue wrote: »
    So annoying that Millwall bottled that 2-0 lead last night to Oxford.. oh what could of been..

Didn't they change a ruling where those 2 clubs couldn't play each other bar a final?

I’ve always thought the draws were rigged to keep us and Millwall apart ever since we last played them in the cup and there was so much trouble. :joy:

Yeah something like that. To avoid conflicts between the 2 clubs the FA did something of that nature. Bar a league game or cup final but other wise they both get shuffled.
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    Enough plastic football-talks, Ajax just qualified for CL again, so you can all watch real football again at the highest stage.
  • Thefranchise92
    3725 posts National Call-Up
    Enough plastic football-talks, Ajax just qualified for CL again, so you can all watch real football again at the highest stage.

So what I've been seeing before is fake football? Thanks for notifying me
  • Pikachu
    8679 posts League Winner

Struggling against APOEL, looks like a good Ajax team this year.
  • Crossland
    7852 posts League Winner
    Pikachu wrote: »

Struggling against APOEL, looks like a good Ajax team this year.

Yea they look awful compared to last year tbf,they'll struggle to get out of group
  • Ashy
    9737 posts League Winner
    Arsenal and Man Utd will be waiting in the Europa League round of 32 for Ajax
  • EddieFicio
    21760 posts Club Captain
    edited August 29
    Pep Guardiola: "I don't like racism. My kids go to school with Indian people, black people and normal people for example."

:joy: :joy:
  • arsenalap
    5142 posts Big Money Move
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Pep Guardiola: "I don't like racism. My kids go to school with Indian people, black people and normal people for example."

:joy: :joy:

Fool..
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2740 posts Fans' Favourite

Thanks Thierry
  • BrentfordFC
    12070 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    As an Englishman the prospect of Sancho, Foden and Sterling all playing in the same side all being coached by Guardiola is absolutely glorious

Until they play for the national team and whatever melon is in charge turns them into potato’s with feet.

It’s coming home 2020 :trollface:
  • BrentfordFC
    12070 posts Has That Special Something
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Unlucky Kean lad.

Surely there’s something against having that siren go off on every corner? :joy:

Nah this is lower league football. We need a way to distract premiership teams as all they’re used to is quiet stadiums except for palace tbf :trollface:

• Hicksy2011
    13110 posts Has That Special Something
    Hehe
    First step of Smalling becoming Smaldini with his move to Roma
  • Alemas_2012
    15506 posts World Class
    So Rugani stays.
    Again, our transfer window has gone to the dogs.
  • UM4R
    3938 posts Moderator
    never thought the day will actually come, but he is finally leaving (hope i haven't jinxed it)

In the next year hopefully: jones,rojo, darmian, young and matic also leave and that would be a good purge of our squad, just need to make sure we have someone competent in by then to handle incoming transfers
  • Apollo
    14973 posts World Class
    edited August 29
    UM4R wrote: »
    never thought the day will actually come, but he is finally leaving (hope i haven't jinxed it)

In the next year hopefully: jones,rojo, darmian, young and matic also leave and that would be a good purge of our squad, just need to make sure we have someone competent in by then to handle incoming transfers

Hopefully Darmian might follow Smalling out to Italy in the remainder of this window, there's still time. I think Matic will go next season almost definitely, Ole didn't get the midfield signing he wanted this past window so we don't have the depth to let him leave sadly until next summer. I reckon he'd have gone already otherwise.

Ashley Young's contract expires at the end of this season, I wonder if he might retire at the end of it? The departures this window have definitely been a good start, like you say though obviously there's still more to be done. Can't do it all in one window though tbf so I'm happy with the start that's been made.

• ColeWorld
    10445 posts Has That Special Something
    Löw has to go
  • Thefranchise92
    3725 posts National Call-Up
    So sad as a united fan the happiest we are is the deadwood going 🤣
  • Alemas_2012
    15506 posts World Class
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    Löw has to go

What's he done now?
  • Ashy
    9737 posts League Winner
    Isnt it just a loan deal not permanent?
  • TakeItSlow
    7334 posts Big Money Move
    So sad as a united fan the happiest we are is the deadwood going 🤣

And coming back again next summer?
  • Ashy
    9737 posts League Winner
    Would like to see Liverpool or City get a group of death something like this...

Liverpool
    Atletico Madrid
    Lyon
    RB Leipzig

Or

Man City
    Dortmund
    Lyon
    Atalanta
  • Apollo
    14973 posts World Class
    Ashy wrote: »
    Isnt it just a loan deal not permanent?

Yeah but it's step in the right direction. It gets him out for a year, that's one less year on his contract he's at the club for. Hopefully if he performs well in Italy we'll be able to find a permanent deal for him next summer somewhere.
  • ColeWorld
    10445 posts Has That Special Something
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    Löw has to go

What's he done now?

No Volland. He's the best German striker but OK.

Nominated Hector for the central midfield but Demirbay, one of the best German midfielders, wasn't nominated again.

He's just a shiat sympathy based coach.
  • Alex_cr
    5096 posts Big Money Move

Liverpool
    Atletico Madrid
    Lyon
    RB Leipzig

Or

Man City
    Dortmund
    Lyon
    Atalanta

Let’s be honest. Either would have to play badly to worry about either of those groups.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Liverpool
    Atletico Madrid
    Lyon
    RB Leipzig

Or

Man City
    Dortmund
    Lyon
    Atalanta

Let’s be honest. Either would have to play badly to worry about either of those groups.

Yes, if Liverpool and Man City play well against those teams, they will probably beat them, thanks for that. If they are only at 75%, they will be in trouble.
  • Alex_cr
    5096 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Liverpool
    Atletico Madrid
    Lyon
    RB Leipzig

Or

Man City
    Dortmund
    Lyon
    Atalanta

Yes, if Liverpool and Man City play well against those teams, they will probably beat them, thanks for that. If they are only at 75%, they will be in trouble.

No they wouldn’t. They’d need to play really badly.
  • Tornado31619
    17002 posts World Class
    Lyon already took four points off City last season, though they’ve obviously just lost Fekir and Mendy. If BVB can get even one result against them (not that I expect them to), things could become interesting.