holdenwait wrote: »
    Taking bets on whose dupe that is

Sammy Eto’o
  • iBarçaBoy
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero
    RappSnitch wrote: »
    Messi apparently out for another month

R.I.P. Barca - 2019

Not official.... We still have Suarez, Griezzy and maybe Neymar...
  • RappSnitch
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Taking bets on whose dupe that is

Sammy Eto’o

Who 👀
  • RealM
    5638 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 28
    Who’s injured besides Hazard?

Isco is the 10th person to be injured since pre-season started. We are 2 games in.

Isco, Asensio, Hazard, Militao, Mendy, Jovic, James, Courtois, Brahim, Rodrygo
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class
    RealM wrote: »

Isco is the 10th person to be injured since pre-season started. We are 2 games in.

Did you get Allegri's fitness staff or something? :D
  • Crossland
    7826 posts League Winner
    edited August 28

Awful position to be in but it makes little difference Real haven't won a trophie since CR7 left have they ? Correct me if I'm wrong ?
  • arsenalap
    5125 posts Big Money Move
    Crossland wrote: »

Awful position to be in but it makes little difference Real haven't won a trophie since CR7 left have they ? Correct me if I'm wrong ?

You say this like he left 5 years ago..
  • Crossland
    7826 posts League Winner
    edited August 28
    arsenalap wrote: »

You say this like he left 5 years ago..

Of course it hasn't been long since he left but when was the last time Real finished a season without a single trophie ? Plus personally I think there has now been a shift in power in Madrid with Atletico
  • Tornado31619
    16967 posts World Class
    I’m still not buying the Atletico hype TBH. If they legitimately challenge Barça for LaLiga or win the CL this season, then fair enough. But I’ll only believe it once I see it.
  • Crossland
    7826 posts League Winner
    I’m still not buying the Atletico hype TBH. If they legitimately challenge Barça for LaLiga or win the CL this season, then fair enough. But I’ll only believe it once I see it.

True let's be honest when it's all said and done Barca should walk that League,Real won't challenge and Atletico will probably fall off the pace once the Champs League sets in
  • UM4R
    3938 posts Moderator
    Sanchez gone, look forward to seeing our next no 7 :s
  • Tornado31619
    16967 posts World Class
    UM4R wrote: »

Sánchez for Sancho :wink:

Maybe no deal will force him back into the UK :trollface:
  • UM4R
    3938 posts Moderator

Sancho would be great buy, and would solve our tragic rw issue since ronaldo left (dont want to jinx it)

But if we fail to qualify for champions league this season, it would massively hurt our chances especially if he has another season like the last one he will pretty much have a pick of every top club
  • Pikachu
    8679 posts League Winner

Sancho would be great buy, and would solve our tragic rw issue since ronaldo left (dont want to jinx it)

But if we fail to qualify for champions league this season, it would massively hurt our chances especially if he has another season like the last one he will pretty much have a pick of every top club

Hasn’t he just signed a new contract? Would be a pretty hefty fee.
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Sancho is just such a hell of a player, I’d hate to see him take a step down like that.
  • Tornado31619
    16967 posts World Class
    Pikachu wrote: »

He would have cost 100m+ this summer anyway.
  • UM4R
    3938 posts Moderator
    Pikachu wrote: »

yeah apparently he has , on like 200k a week now. So it will take a massive bid to get Dortmund to sell. We really do need to get champions league football this season. Every year we are out of it we become a less attractive proposition and will have to pay ridiculous wages to compensate for it.
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    edited August 28
    I cant see Sancho coming to England after Dortmund. Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus surely

If he were to come to England you would think the best club for him would be Liverpool due to the Man City beef, maybe Chelsea if they are competing
  • Crossland
    7826 posts League Winner
    Sancho will more than likely end up back at City again..
  • Thefranchise92
    3724 posts National Call-Up
    Damn city could have had sancho sterling mahrez and Silva for the wings
  • arsenalap
    The logical move is Sane goes and Sancho comes in, if he can get over any issues with City.

He would be incredible in that side.

Could see Bernardo coming into the middle 3 when David Silva goes. Sancho on the right, Sterling left.

Then the only player they need to replace long term is Aguero and another CB.

But to think they can probably get 100m for Sane and only spend 50m to upgrade to Sancho.

Then spend another 50m on a CB, and they'll be unstoppable again.
  • Crossland
    7826 posts League Winner
    Apparently City have a "Matching Right" on Sancho which is different to a buy back clause
  • UM4R
    3938 posts Moderator
    The logical move is Sane goes and Sancho comes in, if he can get over any issues with City.

He would be incredible in that side.

Could see Bernardo coming into the middle 3 when David Silva goes. Sancho on the right, Sterling left.

Then the only player they need to replace long term is Aguero and another CB.

But to think they can probably get 100m for Sane and only spend 50m to upgrade to Sancho.

Then spend another 50m on a CB, and they'll be unstoppable again.

He might be a City player, but i will be sad to see him leave the prem at the end of the season. Such a quality and in many ways an underrated player

• Summer69
    1341 posts Professional
    Apparently City have a "Matching Right" on Sancho which is different to a buy back clause

guess it depends if Sancho wants to go there or not. every club should be in for him imo, hes class.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    I hope Sancho goes to United, doubt he'll go to City as he left over gametime, no matter how good you are, there's no guarantee of minutes at City.

Liverpool won't sign him as he'll cost far too much and they have wingers.
    Chelsea look like they're going for a more sustainable model so I doubt they'll get him.
    Spurs - enough said.
    Arsenal don't have the budget either.
    Barcelona won't be interested imo.
    Juventus won't have the budget to pay the 100m+ he will cost.
    PSG is not that appetising of a destination, may also not need him if they get Dembele.
    Real Madrid is the only possible move I can see happening, depends how much faith they have in Vinicius/Asensio/Vazquez.

TL;DR - he'll cost far more than a lot of clubs can afford.
  • EddieFicio
    21760 posts Club Captain
    I think Chelsea will spend big next year if they manage top 4.

200m+
  • arsenalap
    I hope Sancho goes to United, doubt he'll go to City as he left over gametime, no matter how good you are, there's no guarantee of minutes at City.

Chelsea look like they're going for a more sustainable model so I doubt they'll get him.
    Spurs - enough said.
    PSG is not that appetising of a destination, may also not need him if they get Dembele.
    Real Madrid is the only possible move I can see happening, depends how much faith they have in Vinicius/Asensio/Vazquez.

What?

KdB, Sterling and Laporte are guaranteed starters because they are good enough.

Sancho could easily join them.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3095 posts National Call-Up

Spurs - enough said.

What?

KdB, Sterling and Laporte are guaranteed starters because they are good enough.

Sancho could easily join them.

Hmm, yeah you're probably right in some respects, although I'd only really put KDB and Ederson in that club of guaranteed starters purely because how good they are. Laporte being the only left footed CB at the club and Sterling being the only right footed wide player at the club also help them play so often, I feel they'd be rotated slightly more if that wasn't the case, although obviously they're both brilliant players too.

Also just dawned on me that it's quite unlike City to splash that much cash on a player.
  • Hicksy2011
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 28
    As an Englishman the prospect of Sancho, Foden and Sterling all playing in the same side all being coached by Guardiola is absolutely glorious