Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Alex02
    2740 posts Fans' Favourite
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My moneys on it being Sellish
  • Sellish
    9167 posts League Winner
    Alex02 wrote: »

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My moneys on it being Sellish

I want him out but that is disgusting.
    Wouldn't even do that against Mourinho.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 28
  • ViVaWhom
    8103 posts League Winner
  • Apollo
    14861 posts Has That Special Something

With Sanchez playing we'd finish below that.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Hello young, hungry players getting a chance.

United. DNA.
  • Apollo
    Couchy wrote: »

United. DNA.

Spot on.
  • Sellish
    9167 posts League Winner

I really don't get your opinion on Alexis.

With his fitness he would be playing 10-15 games per season. Wouldn't be match fit so even if he played alright then he would start 5 of them.
    Maybe in 3 games he would make some different. So even if he were playing well (for the first time in his United career) he would max win 6-9 points for us.
  • Apollo
    Forgot about the international break coming up, that's a bit of good news for us regarding Martial, he'll probably miss this weekend but after that it gives him a bit more time to recover than he otherwise would have had.
  • ViVaWhom
    8103 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

United. DNA.

Spot on.

that is not our DNA, our DNA is to win

Fergie never relied on youth... he just sprinkled youth around the squad (the way its supposed to be done) because you would be dumb to think you can be successful in these times with just unproven youngsters
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class

United. DNA.

Spot on.

Fergie never relied on youth... he just sprinkled youth around the squad (the way its supposed to be done) because you would be dumb to think you can be successful in these times with just unproven youngsters

classof0_2891107b.jpg

Alexis scored 5 goals in 45 matches for us. 1 in 9.

I think Chong can do that, as much as I doubted him this summer.
  • Apollo

United. DNA.

Spot on.

FFS no one is saying that we don't need to sign a 10 or RW next summer. What we're saying is we're giving young players opportunities in the first team who Ole has faith in that they can succeed, rather than hindering their development by keeping them in the academy and instead playing an experienced player who is finished at this level and has offered nothing in virtually every game he has played for at the club.
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class

United. DNA.

Spot on.

This post winds me up more than anything @TakeItSlow has ever posted combined tbh

Ridiculous.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

United. DNA.

Spot on.

This post winds me up more than anything @TakeItSlow has ever posted combined tbh

Ridiculous.

Don’t even know where to begin 😂 wouldn’t expect that from an actual United fan like @ViVaWhom
  • TakeItSlow
    7313 posts Big Money Move
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.
  • ViVaWhom
    8103 posts League Winner

United. DNA.

Spot on.

classof0_2891107b.jpg

yes i know the class of 92... thats once in a lifetime

thats my worry, that these kids are being given this chance in HOPE of having another class of 92 rather than it actually being feasible...
  • forearms
    4808 posts National Call-Up
    My belief is that we left ourselves too thin in both midfield, and attack, and are gambling a lot on the performances of young/unproven players.

But, even I cant see where letting Alexis leave is going to hurt us. He cant stay healthy. When he was healthy, he didnt perform. Alexis didnt work out at United, and that's unfortunate. I fail to see how a possible 1-8 games of Alexis (probably cup games) would make that much of a difference on the season outlook. It's not like he offers anything different than what the squad currently has either.
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    He has a point though. You aren’t winning anything just with youth players in this day and age.

“You can’t win anything with kids.” -Alan Hansen, 1995

Wrong then, wrong now.
  • Apollo

This season? Quite probably. But Ole (and most of the fans in here) are looking past the short term foolishness the club has been about in recent years and actually going about building a team capable of sustained success in 2-3 years time onwards.
  • El_Nino
    3153 posts National Call-Up
    WryLucky wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    You guys arguing which club is worse is like

6f67ebeea8aa238320598fd298e785b9.png

You guys have JUST come out of a 14 year banter era, we are getting through the 6th year of ours and we have still won more in this 6 year period than you have in that 14 period.

Well done by totally not understanding my point. I'm talking about those stupid daily discussions on here.
    If you ask me there should be one thread where everyone can sh!tpost and stuff, but the club threads should be kept clean. What has even happened to the Premier League lounge?

Well don’t contribute, or even better, come into the United thread 😂 no one is forcing you to read this.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, nobody at all.

@Couchy - Your clubs a banter club nobody else united can never be a banter club we are Manchester United!

Oh FFS can you just go back to the Arsenal thread for a day or two please rather than this constant stream of **** you're posting in here.

You should see what he's currently posting in the Liverpool thread :D TAA and Robertson aren't good defensively and we need a 20 goal a season forward, despite the fact we already have 2. Oh, and apparently we are going to struggle this season.

Putting words in that I didn’t say? I specifically said striker.

You don't need a 20 goal a season striker if the striker improves everyone else around them. Firmino is extremely important for Liverpool.

The exact reason why Liverpool will not win the league.

You come out with the biggest load of crap time and time again, Firmino is one of the best attackers in the world, and better than any player at Arsenal. Debatably Liverpool’s best player, well up there with Salah/VVD.
  • ViVaWhom
    8103 posts League Winner
    Sanchez still hasnt had a chance under Ole, he only played under Jose where everyone keeps saying all our players are excluded from criticism under him...
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class

United. DNA.

Spot on.

classof0_2891107b.jpg

thats my worry, that these kids are being given this chance in HOPE of having another class of 92 rather than it actually being feasible...

We've got to try. That's what I love about this club. That we try the kids and then fill in remaining gaps with buys.

Academy needs to be the first resort, not the last resort.
  • Keano
    13415 posts Has That Special Something

Think it's everything he said combined.

"You'll never win anything with kids"

Alan Hansen - we went on to win everything with those kids he was referring too.

Youth isn't in Uniteds Dna, it is... the Munich Air disaster contained some of Englands finest footballers like Duncan Edwards, Bobby Chalrton etc.... the 1968 European cup win contained a lot of United youth as well.

1999 obviously as said above, won it, same with 2008 which had a lot of our youth in.

Our two most succesful periods... Busby Babes & Fergies era were both based on the fact of trusting youth & giving Youth a lot of the chances.

The whole lot of what he said doesn't make sense if you know your United history, that's why everyones confused & wondering what he's on about.
  • TakeItSlow
    7313 posts Big Money Move
    El_Nino wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    You guys arguing which club is worse is like

6f67ebeea8aa238320598fd298e785b9.png

You guys have JUST come out of a 14 year banter era, we are getting through the 6th year of ours and we have still won more in this 6 year period than you have in that 14 period.

Well done by totally not understanding my point. I'm talking about those stupid daily discussions on here.
    If you ask me there should be one thread where everyone can sh!tpost and stuff, but the club threads should be kept clean. What has even happened to the Premier League lounge?

Well don’t contribute, or even better, come into the United thread 😂 no one is forcing you to read this.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, nobody at all.

@Couchy - Your clubs a banter club nobody else united can never be a banter club we are Manchester United!

Oh FFS can you just go back to the Arsenal thread for a day or two please rather than this constant stream of **** you're posting in here.

You should see what he's currently posting in the Liverpool thread :D TAA and Robertson aren't good defensively and we need a 20 goal a season forward, despite the fact we already have 2. Oh, and apparently we are going to struggle this season.

Putting words in that I didn’t say? I specifically said striker.

You don't need a 20 goal a season striker if the striker improves everyone else around them. Firmino is extremely important for Liverpool.

The exact reason why Liverpool will not win the league.

You come out with the biggest load of crap time and time again, Firmino is one of the best attackers in the world, and better than any player at Arsenal. Debatably Liverpool’s best player, well up there with Salah/VVD.

Oh dear.

@Ahmer50x not wrong now. When was the last time a bunch of kids/academy grads won big titles? I’d agree with you if all of said youngsters were on the same level of say Sancho, but it just doesn’t work like that when Man City are around.

I know united fans want it to be, but it’s not going to happen.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

United. DNA.

Spot on.

classof0_2891107b.jpg

Uniteds DNA of youth wasn’t created by SAF or the class of 92, it goes all the way back to Sir Matt Busby.

You HOPE anyone you choose to play for United is up to scratch, no different to giving the youth a chance. As it’s already been said, we aren’t winning the league while City are doing what they’re doing. We are building for the future.
  • Apollo
    I criticize Mourinho a lot but this is correct:

“Young players are like melons. Only when you open and taste the melon are you 100% sure that the melon is good.” -Jose Mourinho

We have to taste the melons. Have a few bites this season. If the melon is terrible, we can go shopping for new fruit next summer. If its good, then thats ideal.

While the premise is spot on, that's such a weird metaphor :joy: