The beginning of Fifa 20 - What do you look forward to the most?

Comments

• Sm0key_J0e
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am looking forward to not buying FIFA 20 and throwing away my money on a corrupt and unfinished game of very mediocre quality.
  • RobRokk
    57 posts Park Captain
    A game that are playable for Pro clubs, thats my only interest for this game period. Not a game that favors bad players, big egos and game abusers.
  • RobRokk
    57 posts Park Captain
    Joestoe wrote: »
    NDJ591 wrote: »
    Open my 2667 packs <3

what.

Would be nice knowing that least every 20 pack actully contains something good.
  • Finesse_4days
    7206 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 25
    Slow build up gameplay. Slow creation of football. Slow train coming 🚂

If its slow I won't be getting it, I wish people would stop begging for slow gameplay, go play Pes or against the AI if you want slow gameplay. I don't want it super fast but faster than Fifa 19 as against good players you cant win the ball back so it is basically chess with the odd exploit thrown in or counter from a dodgy touch or corner. Also when the gameplay is slow, delay or sluggish gameplay due to server stress makes it even worse .
    I don't want super high pace gameplay just make it easier to transition from defence to attack with fast and quick short passes. I'm not saying 70 yard through balls should be effective just fast and sharp short to mid range passes, dribbling needs to be more responsive and fluid as well.
    To stop keep ball being played and allow people to trap players in their own half they need to make high pressure more tactical and efficient - look at Liverpool Vs Arsenal where Arsenal were trapped in their own half.
    What I also hope for is that there is no OP way to play and it is balanced and you can play however you want whether than be possession and high press or drop back and long ball, but as long as dribbling is fluid and responsive and the AI make better runs every play style will be able to be countered by good play. pace looks more effective from what I have heard and seen and rightly so , becuase on Fifa 19 even Mbappe couldn't leave a defence for dead , once someone like Mbappe or Sancho gets in behind it should always be over for the defenders like it is IRL, on Fifa the defensive catch up was very unrealistic.
  • hooligan87
    240 posts Sunday League Hero

If its slow I won't be getting it, I wish people would stop begging for slow gameplay, go play Pes or against the AI if you want slow gameplay. I don't want it super fast but faster than Fifa 19 as against good players you cant win the ball back so it is basically chess with the odd exploit thrown in or counter from a dodgy touch or corner. Also when the gameplay is slow, delay or sluggish gameplay due to server stress makes it even worse .
    I don't want super high pace gameplay just make it easier to transition from defence to attack with fast and quick short passes. I'm not saying 70 yard through balls should be effective just fast and sharp short to mid range passes, dribbling needs to be more responsive and fluid as well.
    To stop keep ball being played and allow people to trap players in their own half they need to make high pressure more tactical and efficient - look at Liverpool Vs Arsenal where Arsenal were trapped in their own half.
    What I also hope for is that there is no OP way to play and it is balanced and you can play however you want whether than be possession and high press or drop back and long ball, but as long as dribbling is fluid and responsive and the AI make better runs every play style will be able to be countered by good play. pace looks more effective from what I have heard and seen and rightly so , becuase on Fifa 19 even Mbappe couldn't leave a defence for dead , once someone like Mbappe or Sancho gets in behind it should always be over for the defenders like it is IRL, on Fifa the defensive catch up was very unrealistic.

Enough to shame and write nonsense! You're ridiculous! Go play hockey and Volta!
  • Finesse_4days
    edited August 25
    hooligan87 wrote: »

Enough to shame and write nonsense! You're ridiculous! Go play hockey and Volta!

stick to walking football and Pes basically the same thing, the Fut version of the game won't be slow deal with it or don't play Fut.
  • hooligan87
    240 posts Sunday League Hero

stick to walking football and Pes basically the same thing, the Fut version of the game won't be slow deal with it or don't play Fut.[/quote]

I always laugh when I read your comments! I am amazed that you can not understand football so much! There are a lot of smart people here explaining the OBVIOUS to you, and you don't understand anything.. Because of such people, we are still playing a primitive game!
  • Finesse_4days
    edited August 25
    @hooligan87
    I have a good understanding of Football, I just don't want to play a simulator online as I don't find it fun, I want realistic components like no Croquetta spam or Tornado Volley BS but not realistic game speed as I just find slow gameplay boring, slow gameplay also means more frustration and rage as you get less chances and when you miss one due to lag or pure BS it costs you a lot more than a game where it is easier to create chances. Slow gameplay makes it easier to time waste which is bad enough as it is.
  • I don't mind fast gameplay but in previous FIFA games the problem is the passing. If you park the bus, you can literally go from defence to attack in 5 seconds or so, in real life this is impossible unless it is a counter attack from a corner or something. If you park the bus in real life, as soon as you receive or win the ball, your passing options are limited and you usually end up giving the ball away because of this and also because of the opponents pressing, unfortunately FIFA doesn't mimic this. I want a zippy game with zippy passing but I want it so that you really have to focus on the build up. I don't want this ultra fast, ultra direct gameplay.
  • Brosing
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    The MAIN problem is that people are exploiting the game weakness and that becomes the META way. Everyone playing the same way, with same custom tactics, same players and SAME formations. There is so many variations , visually. But in the game there is limited way to play (in order to win). As a result, the high pressure all game long will still be in the game which is sad. I feel like high pressure should be HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD, but in a limited way. You don't see teams having the highpress the entire game without making mistakes. Individual mistakes for having a high defence for instance.

Also I kinda agree with defenders catching up way to fast. If you done your defender, you should be free as long as you are infact faster than your defender.

I want formations to have a real purpose so we all can play differently. It is really boring to see 90% playerbase having the same set-up.

And for godsake, PLEASE stop abuse the weakness. It's like people are playing fifa with a gun to their head, just to win the **** game.
  • Brosing
    I did try the PES beta this year and found it quite enjoyable. Not enough for me to switch to PES but they do have nice features. The hitbox for each player are very small, meaning you can do a pass very close to your opponent without him intercepting it by auto defending. I really like that feature. Also the pitch feels somehow bigger, thus making gaps etc bigger, more space for nice passes.
  • MikeM24
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Looking forward to the team line-ups graphic at the start of a match being in sync and timed properly instead being cut short because the players are ready for kick off. Not the biggest of issues but its something that needed fixing in FIFA19.

Looks from some of the videos that EA have finally updated all the lineup graphics - which is great because they were really looking tired, especially compared to the official ones like BBVA and EPL.

Personally I usually run through all of the kits, and see what's missing - before taking United into a few matches to get a feel for the new game. Then Stadium Assignment to sort out MLS (And hope that EA finally fix that reset where it takes you back to Argentina in the menu every damn time)
  • Brosing wrote: »
    The MAIN problem is that people are exploiting the game weakness and that becomes the META way. Everyone playing the same way, with same custom tactics, same players and SAME formations. There is so many variations , visually. But in the game there is limited way to play (in order to win). As a result, the high pressure all game long will still be in the game which is sad. I feel like high pressure should be HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD, but in a limited way. You don't see teams having the highpress the entire game without making mistakes. Individual mistakes for having a high defence for instance.

Also I kinda agree with defenders catching up way to fast. If you done your defender, you should be free as long as you are infact faster than your defender.

I want formations to have a real purpose so we all can play differently. It is really boring to see 90% playerbase having the same set-up.

And for godsake, PLEASE stop abuse the weakness. It's like people are playing fifa with a gun to their head, just to win the **** game.

Mate I agree with you but it has been like that since FUT began. I remember the days of facing defenders like Yobo, Gallas, Taiwo, Nedum Onohua, Toure and many others. People have been playing like this 5+ years. The Bent and Agbonlahor duo, one two, then LB chip pass and then finesse shot, then goal. The Doumbia and Musa duo. I even remember the FIFA where it seemed like everybody had Anelka as LS and Van Persie as RS and they would always do the OP fake shot and then finesse shot it in.
  • the_bad_seeds_fc
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Beating the ping pong passers / first time finesse shotters / all way in sweaty pace believers that haven't watched a real football game in their lives. At least till EA release the first patch to calm all the crybabys that are going to be complaining about the slower gameplay.
  • Brosing
    I remember from last year that I packed 2x goretzka in early stages and sold him for 80k ish :D, (PC) Good pulls early
  • Joestoe
    4927 posts Big Money Move
    Open my 2667 packs <3

what.

What what ?

How do you get 2667 packs?
  • NDJ591
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Open my 2667 packs <3

what.

What what ?

imagine you can buy fifa points
  • Joestoe
    Open my 2667 packs <3

what.

What what ?

Fair few FP that'd be.
  • NDJ591
    Open my 2667 packs <3

what.

What what ?

Fair few FP that'd be.

actually 278.800.
    But will spend more
  • Joestoe
    Open my 2667 packs <3

what.

What what ?

Fair few FP that'd be.

actually 278.800.
    But will spend more

You got some kind of drug cartel to fund that?
  • NDJ591
    Open my 2667 packs <3

what.

What what ?

Fair few FP that'd be.

actually 278.800.
    But will spend more

You got some kind of drug cartel to fund that?

two of that
  • Sm0key_J0e
    Even though EA has "forbidden" beta testers to speak about FIFA 20, it has become clear that the game is significantly slower, has some new bells and whistles but essentially is far from finished which could be expected.

When FIFA 19 was launched, it was also slower. Then the pack-buying kids started complaining and EA brought new patches almost every month with faster, easier gameplay to please them.

Expect the same thing to happen with FIFA 20 as EA has said absolutely nothing on what they will do to adress the issues with FIFA 19, namely: "Algorithms" affecting gameplay, controller delay, bad vs. not so bad servers etc.

Add to this the ridiculousness of Piemonte Calcio and you got a game that again will be useless.
  • Brosing
    I really hope EA won't spam out these special cards they did last year. It was too many new cards imo, making the TOTS, TOTY and even icons look bad or not relevant anymore.
  • Jboom98
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hopefully the soundtrack has improved since last year worst FIFA soundtrack ever !! FIFA 10, FIFA 11, FIFA 13, FIFA 14, FIFA 15 and FIFA 18 best soundtracks apart from that I've switched allegiance to Pes This year.
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2851 posts Fans' Favourite
    Being able to win a game.
  • Finesse_4days
    Finding cheap beast strikers like Depay and possibly someone like Williams or Zapata to use and abuse. Also starting fresh with new gameplay and new small features to make everything fresh and interesting. Also looking forward to Volta and playing a bit of mystery ball as well.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    Brosing wrote: »
    I did try the PES beta this year and found it quite enjoyable. Not enough for me to switch to PES but they do have nice features. The hitbox for each player are very small, meaning you can do a pass very close to your opponent without him intercepting it by auto defending. I really like that feature. Also the pitch feels somehow bigger, thus making gaps etc bigger, more space for nice passes.

Well as FIFA 20 is using FIFA 19s completely failed engine and with terrible beta feedback, I will try PES.
    At least it cannot be worse.
  • Joestoe
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »

Well as FIFA 20 is using FIFA 19s completely failed engine and with terrible beta feedback, I will try PES.

You have said that on at least three different topics now. You want a round of applause?
  • Brosing
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »

I don't think you will consider PES, even though they do have nice features. For me it is not enough due to other elements that are basic - that they do not have. Though, I would like to see some of those features in FIFA to improve the current state :)