SPFL/Scottish Lounge

Comments

• Sykesy
    4457 posts National Call-Up
    Norwegian Cafu has been on fire again today. Genuinely could get use to seeing him bombing the right all season.
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Ajer is unreal.

Delighted for Bayo today. Played well and got a nice goal (and forced an OG). Looks like a handful.
  • fergoosee
    12274 posts Has That Special Something
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Ajer is unreal.

Delighted for Bayo today. Played well and got a nice goal (and forced an OG). Looks like a handful.

ajer will be the next big money sale
  • Sykesy
    Andreas Pereira at the game. Cannot get my head round all these targets going forward when that’s what our team does best. Full backs please Celtic. Both sides are essential not loan moves for spice boys
  • SC1967
    Sykesy wrote: »
    Andreas Pereira at the game. Cannot get my head round all these targets going forward when that’s what our team does best. Full backs please Celtic. Both sides are essential not loan moves for spice boys

Seemingly he’s mates with the Hearts ‘keeper.
  • SC1967
    fergoosee wrote: »
    Ajer is unreal.

ajer will be the next big money sale

Eddy will probably head next summer. Ajer next summer or the year after.
  • Sykesy

Seemingly he’s mates with the Hearts ‘keeper.

I’ll settle my emotions for now. Surely get a signing announced before going to Sweden. I’ll even take the announcement during a game again if need be
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5695 posts Big Money Move
    I ain’t ready for my heart to be broke when Shankland leaves. He’s my answer to French Eddy.
  • Sykesy
    Lennon saying he would like a signing in before they leave for Sweden. Surely means a deals close, Kilmarnock left back is strongly rumoured but can’t say I’ve seen him enough to comment.
  • SC1967
    edited August 25
    Lennon saying he would like a signing in before they leave for Sweden. Surely means a deals close, Kilmarnock left back is strongly rumoured but can’t say I’ve seen him enough to comment.

Aye I mean I've obviously watched him a number of times when we've played Killie, but he's never stood out.
  • Sykesy

Aye I mean I've obviously watched him a number of times when we've played Killie, but he's never stood out.

Potential there or...

I think Boli gets a hard time but given time he could be decent. Just looks to have too much energy. No subtlety to his play. If we get the Killie boy least we have options but id obviously prefer our signings to be coming in and being strong starters.
  • SC1967

Potential there or...

I think Boli gets a hard time but given time he could be decent. Just looks to have too much energy. No subtlety to his play. If we get the Killie boy least we have options but id obviously prefer our signings to be coming in and being strong starters.

@PintOfMagennis can fill us in I'm sure, if it happens.

Boli has been rotten so far but he played quite well today. Think he's a better player than he's shown but not sure he'll get to the stage where he's good enough to be in the first team regularly.

A first team LB, RB and CDM are essential, imo. Brown needs pushed out the team.
  • PintOfMagennis
    4452 posts National Call-Up

seeing him every week I can assure you hes a stand out in our squad, best asset we've had at this club in over a decade, very rarely goes below a 7/10, that being said the standards obviously becomes higher when you join celtic but i'd say he'd very comfortably slot in at left back. Playing with better players can only improve you as well surely
  • Bhoy
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bolingoli will hopefully find a bit of consistency but him going to Ibrox gives me the fear.
  • Sykesy

seeing him every week I can assure you hes a stand out in our squad, best asset we've had at this club in over a decade, very rarely goes below a 7/10, that being said the standards obviously becomes higher when you join celtic but i'd say he'd very comfortably slot in at left back. Playing with better players can only improve you as well surely

I’m sold. I prefer players who understand our league and know what’s required in games. Sounds a player.

Potential there or...

Boli has been rotten so far but he played quite well today. Think he's a better player than he's shown but not sure he'll get to the stage where he's good enough to be in the first team regularly.

A first team LB, RB and CDM are essential, imo. Brown needs pushed out the team.

I agree but I doubt highly Lennon has any plans of dropping Brown. Too much daftness back in his game. He’s not been slated anywhere near enough for that pathetic hand ball v Cluj. Even today he’s wanting to get in about Ikpeazu when it’s 3-0. Gives away a pen again and just all round looks like he’s half ars’d. Maybe he’s lost a yard and that’s the reason but whatever it is I wish he would get back to running games.
  • fergoosee

I’m sold. I prefer players who understand our league and know what’s required in games. Sounds a player.

Potential there or...

I agree but I doubt highly Lennon has any plans of dropping Brown. Too much daftness back in his game. He’s not been slated anywhere near enough for that pathetic hand ball v Cluj. Even today he’s wanting to get in about Ikpeazu when it’s 3-0. Gives away a pen again and just all round looks like he’s half ars’d. Maybe he’s lost a yard and that’s the reason but whatever it is I wish he would get back to running games.

unless its john mcginn
  • SC1967
  • fergoosee

surprised we are splashing out all that even if morelos if off. must be getting near 20m if we are able to pay almost 10m?
  • PintOfMagennis

Potential there or...

Taylor just seems to be the most natural replacement for tierney , although Clarke’s probably raised everyone’s stock massively so if we don’t sell now we won’t ever get near this much again , silently hope you venture abroad to find one
  • Sykesy

Potential there or...

Taylor just seems to be the most natural replacement for tierney , although Clarke’s probably raised everyone’s stock massively so if we don’t sell now we won’t ever get near this much again , silently hope you venture abroad to find one

You sell him well tbf so wouldn’t surprise me if Celtic have watched him and clearly keen. It’s all through hear say on Twitter I’m going off.

Assuming if he’s natural replacement for Tierney they boy can handle the game if it gets tasty? Love knowing my defenders can take a tackle as well as give it instead of hiding away. Especially noted with attacking full backs. They tend to shy away from the nitty gritty parts of the game. Key to our attacks is full backs stretching the game.
  • El_Nino
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 26
    El_Nino wrote: »
    heard mcginn was great again tonight @Hibee must be buzzing

Unreal, 100% will move to a top team in the next few years. Anyone that thinks otherwise is clearly wrong or a deluded Celtic fan and just jealous they missed out.

Hibee will love this post but I’ve agreed with him for sometime now. The boys a player and has found a real level of consistency which he lacked at Hibs and does in a Scotland shirt but that will come.

He’s had two good games in a proper league, could easily be another Aaron Mooy.

Difference is I’ve watched him more times than you’ve watched Aaron Mooy.

On your bike xx

Yeah you’ve watched him more in your league. As I stated he’s had two good games in a proper league, far less than Aaron Mooy managed.

He’s got some way to go before he can even be compared to Aaron Mooy...
  • PintOfMagennis

Potential there or...

You sell him well tbf so wouldn’t surprise me if Celtic have watched him and clearly keen. It’s all through hear say on Twitter I’m going off.

Assuming if he’s natural replacement for Tierney they boy can handle the game if it gets tasty? Love knowing my defenders can take a tackle as well as give it instead of hiding away. Especially noted with attacking full backs. They tend to shy away from the nitty gritty parts of the game. Key to our attacks is full backs stretching the game.

Well he gave joey Barton a good memory of Scottish football , google it :D
  • xGeorgeSmithx

Unreal, 100% will move to a top team in the next few years. Anyone that thinks otherwise is clearly wrong or a deluded Celtic fan and just jealous they missed out.

Hibee will love this post but I’ve agreed with him for sometime now. The boys a player and has found a real level of consistency which he lacked at Hibs and does in a Scotland shirt but that will come.

On your bike xx

Yeah you’ve watched him more in your league. As I stated he’s had two good games in a proper league, far less than Aaron Mooy managed.

I’ve watched him in every league he’s played in wee man.

Like I says on yer bike.
  • El_Nino
    3204 posts National Call-Up

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’
    Your such a child 😂 rather than have an adult conversation you state that you’ve watched him play in a vastly inferior league more than I have, well great, that’s almost meaningless now he’s in the prem but cool.

You come across as someone impossible to have an actual conversation with, more suited to play-ground level bickering.
  • fergoosee

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’
    Your such a child 😂 rather than have an adult conversation you state that you’ve watched him play in a vastly inferior league more than I have, well great, that’s almost meaningless now he’s in the prem but cool.

You come across as someone impossible to have an actual conversation with, more suited to play-ground level bickering.

hes always so childish. needs to grow up
  • Sykesy
    Square go at hame time. Behind the bike shed.
  • cmm_1991
    2111 posts Fans' Favourite

Sounds more like a gang bang behind the bike shed
  • Sykesy
    cmm_1991 wrote: »

Sounds more like a gang bang behind the bike shed

That what you do at all boy schools?
  • xGeorgeSmithx

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

I’m taking the ****, I couldn’t give a toss what you think. You’ve named yourself after Torres that says it all.

I don’t think seeing someone play in another league is meaningless. That’s like saying watching Ronaldo play in Spain is now meaningless now he plays in Italy or watching De Jong play in Holland is now meaningless cause he plays in Spain.

If I’ve watched more of a player then surely I’m going to know more about that player than you? Just like if you watched someone else more than me then you’re going to know more about them are you or am I wrong? Simple logic.
  • xGeorgeSmithx

On your bike xx

Like I says on yer bike.

‘Wee man’ ‘on yer bike’

hes always so childish. needs to grow up

Beautiful, I love it.