Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Pughy30
    25578 posts Player of the Year
    Couchy wrote: »
    Safe to say we’ve played far better football than Spurs so far this year. Where’s the criticism of Poch?

Yeah lets forget about how Poch has transformed Spurs since he's been there and judge him based off a few games :D
  • Ahmer50x
    17110 posts World Class
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Safe to say we’ve played far better football than Spurs so far this year. Where’s the criticism of Poch?

Yeah lets forget about how Poch has transformed Spurs since he's been there and judge him based off a few games :D

Spurs’ end to the season in the league was just as bad as ours under Ole. Why wasn’t that highlighted?
  • Pughy30
    25578 posts Player of the Year
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Spurs’ end to the season in the league was just as bad as ours under Ole. Why wasn’t that highlighted?

because it's completely different circumstances. He's done so much as a manager he can afford more poor performances with less critisicm. It's a bit like Lampard even if Chelsea play like **** because he's a club legend he can get away with more compared to people with no affiliation to the club
  • ViVaWhom
    7828 posts League Winner

i mean tbf, the fact they made the CL final probably is enough to let him off
  • G000ner
    4054 posts National Call-Up

They literally could've bottled top 4 if it wasn't for everyone else being just as bad. We're all as bad as each other. Spurs are no better and they certainly aren't guaranteed 3rd place like people seem to think. They've got pretty much their best team available today other than NDombele and look so ****. Genuinely look worse every time I watch them. They were better a few seasons ago when they had a worse squad.

Poch is an absolute fraud that will never win anything
  • Ahmer50x
    17110 posts World Class
    G000ner wrote: »

They literally could've bottled top 4 if it wasn't for everyone else being just as bad. We're all as bad as each other. Spurs are no better and they certainly aren't guaranteed 3rd place like people seem to think. They've got pretty much their best team available today other than NDombele and look so ****. Genuinely look worse every time I watch them. They were better a few seasons ago when they had a worse squad.

Agreed on Spurs.

I actually picked Arsenal and United to pip them for top 4 this season
  • G000ner
    4054 posts National Call-Up
    G000ner wrote: »

Agreed on Spurs.

I actually picked Arsenal and United to pip them for top 4 this season

Spurs is comfortably playing the worst out of the top 6 atm. Should've lost 5-0 to City last week and only just scraped past Villa. If they keep playing the way they are, Chelsea will finish above them
  • Keano
    12648 posts Has That Special Something
    The Spurs fans cheers as Eriksen came on says it all, Poch needs to accept he's wrong & although Eriksen doesn't want to stay, he's still the best creative player they have. He changes the game when he comes on.
  • Tornado31619
    16315 posts World Class

because it's completely different circumstances. He's done so much as a manager he can afford more poor performances with less critisicm. It's a bit like Lampard even if Chelsea play like **** because he's a club legend he can get away with more compared to people with no affiliation to the club

And Ole isn’t a club legend? Perhaps not to the same extent, but still :lol:
  • Tornado31619
    16315 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »
    The Spurs fans cheers as Eriksen came on says it all, Poch needs to accept he's wrong & although Eriksen doesn't want to stay, he's still the best creative player they have. He changes the game when he comes on.

Exactly. It’s like Ole not playing Pogba.
  • Tornado31619
    16315 posts World Class
    @El_Nino Mike was on about RF, but Kellnerr took his quote and edited it so that GD was the forum in question.
  • Tornado31619
    16315 posts World Class
    :joy:
  • El_Nino
    2765 posts Fans' Favourite
    In this case @Mike nah I don’t think this section is too bad, just baiting and people biting too much.

@Kellnerr yeah GD is absolutely bottom of the barrel.
  • Mike
    9946 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »
    In this case @Mike nah I don’t think this section is too bad, just baiting and people biting too much.

@Kellnerr yeah GD is absolutely bottom of the barrel.
    It would be much better if it wasn’t for a couple of snowflakes ruining it for everyone
  • Ahmer50x
    17110 posts World Class
    Winks and Sissoko are the Btec McTominay and Pogba.
  • WryLucky
    1539 posts Play-Off Hero
    Let's welcome Spurs to the 4 point gang!
  • ViVaWhom
    7828 posts League Winner
    ok well thats a worse result for spurs than us this weekend :lol: i think 3rd and 4th spot is very open, spurs have looked really poor in all their games
  • finsfan85
    12162 posts Has That Special Something
    United with 3 penalties awarded after 3 matches. No other club with more than 1, and with plenty of suspect VAR decisions.
  • Ahmer50x
    17110 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    United with 3 penalties awarded after 3 matches. No other club with more than 1, and with plenty of suspect VAR decisions.

Should’ve had more than 1 yesterday tbh

Watch the replays and tell me which of our pens shouldn’t have been? All earned by our play.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Watch the replays and tell me which of our pens shouldn’t have been? All earned by our play.

• Ahmer50x
    17110 posts World Class
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    ok well thats a worse result for spurs than us this weekend :lol: i think 3rd and 4th spot is very open, spurs have looked really poor in all their games

If we’re going off of how the teams have looked for 270 mins, then Arsenal and United are the best of a rotten bunch.
  • Teh Zombz
    3722 posts National Call-Up
    been a while since i've seen spurs go 1-0 down to a lower half team and not win it late on
  • finsfan85
    12162 posts Has That Special Something

Not necessarily saying any of United’s penalties shouldn’t have been called. But there have definitely been other legitimate penalty shouts for other clubs that haven’t been as lucky with the ref’s/VAR’s decision.
  • Teh Zombz
    3722 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 25

if only players would stop fouling us in the box to make it seem like the refs don't favour us
  • Keano
    12648 posts Has That Special Something

Not necessarily saying any of United’s penalties shouldn’t have been called. But there have definitely been other legitimate penalty shouts for other clubs that haven’t been as lucky with the ref’s/VAR’s decision.

Problem there is VAR clearly isn't working with the pens yesterday/today that should've been given that weren't & we can't help that refs arn't giving pens to other clubs as much as us, it's just one of those things.
  • Wyojasond
    11117 posts Has That Special Something
    I think the only penalty that VAR has truly messed up so far is the one City didn’t get today. Everything else being discussed had too many uncertainties about them.
  • Ahmer50x
    17110 posts World Class
    Screen-Shot-2019-08-25-at-1.17.05-PM.png

League table by expected points.

3rd best xG
    Best xGA

The performances have been enough to get the points. Just a bit unlucky so far. It'll turn!
  • Sellish
    8856 posts League Winner
    Spurs result really made our result easier to take.