Your age vs. your skill level

Adrew
228 posts Sunday League Hero
Admiring a guy of 63 years old still playing fifa 19.

Wondering if your age affects your outcomes.

I am a 43 years old guy, playing the 2nd year of FUT. This fifa 19 I have been playing around 2k5 matches. I am a gold 2 and DR div 2 player. How about yours?

Comments

• Mrmad1980
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    38, gold 2 1700 skill points. I often wonder if younger players have the advantage due to only ever playing with joypads and having the muscle memory from a young age. Where as older players were brought up using joystick . I find some button combinations hard work , especially any think involving R1 and x , triangle, square , circle
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 25
    DR=D1 (2000 SP), WL=G2

35 years old and consider myself average. Dont have time to learn all the game mechanics tbh. Not really that bothered either. I know my level.

I don’t think there’s really a skill gap until you hit 23-2400 points or more. We all use the same moves, passes and tactics to some extent D3-low D1. It’s just the luck of the draw who you face.
    Post edited by Jonboyparker on
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m 46 don’t play WL but have been as high as 2350 Div 1 & I don’t 🐊 spam or flick up cross
  • A_Snipe
    1863 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m 25 and worse then everyone in here. Gold 3 division 3/4
  • sparky123
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I’m 40 and I’m Div 3 rivals on around 1600 (highest of 1800) and I’m G2 in WL but I think I’m average
  • Pattebennekou
    1406 posts Professional
    I am 22. Getting G1 in WL and currently in D1 in the 2300-2400 range
  • Nervous_Nick
    5092 posts Big Money Move
    I’m 46, gold1 and div1. I started playing fifa 3 years ago, but i’ve always love football videogames when i was younger (kick-off, sensible, pes and all the way back to international soccer on c64)
  • Adrew
    I’m 46, gold1 and div1. I started playing fifa 3 years ago, but i’ve always love football videogames when i was younger (kick-off, sensible, pes and all the way back to international soccer on c64)

Mate, you are good! Do you use a lot of skills or passing titi-kaka games? I am 43 and cant hardly use any skills except occasional ballrolls and dragbacks
  • Primofusion
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    35, div 3 rivals and don’t play WL due to wife and kids taking up all my time. Have only played around 350 games this year.

In the past I’ve been div 1 (every FUT edition) and played 3000 games winning about 80% of those, but don’t have as much free time as I used to!
  • WarrenBarton
    7321 posts Big Money Move
    33, div 1, g1. I’m probably better now than when I was younger tbh.

I’m still pretty good on games like cod that are all about reactions. And I would be seriously disappointed if I ever go negative on that.

I don’t feel that I’m regressing in anything tbh (other than my hair gradually turning grey 👨🏻‍🦳)

I’m quite healthy though but on the other side, I took a lot of dodgy pills as a teen so who knows what the future holds.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5092 posts Big Money Move
    Adrew wrote: »

Mate, you are good! Do you use a lot of skills or passing titi-kaka games? I am 43 and cant hardly use any skills except occasional ballrolls and dragbacks

Almost no skills at all. My goals mainly come from crossing (no tornado gimmicks) and first time shots.
  • George_Cook_Over60
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    Admiring a guy of 63 years old still playing fifa 19.

Wondering if your age affects your outcomes.

I am a 43 years old guy, playing the 2nd year of FUT. This fifa 19 I have been playing around 2k5 matches. I am a gold 2 and DR div 2 player. How about yours?

Wow, that could possibly be me, how humbling for me for you to say that.

I'm 63, only played Rivals this year, probably only the last 5-6 months, if that. (Normally only played squad battles, but it is so effing awful i had to try something else)

I'm currently Div 6 in Rivals, but knocking on the door of Div 5. That will be the highest division for me.
    I don't play to win, just enjoyment. I don't mind losing, but it's nice to beat some of these fancy Dan's with the top players, doing all these jiggy skills.I don't do the skills, just play proper football.
    I've only done 3 weekend leagues, always ended up Silver 1, which i'm happy with.
    I intend to push it a bit more in FIFA 20 (if and when i purchase it)
  • Oweyman
    822 posts Semi-Pro
    22, around 2700 skill rating and 23-26 wins in WL.
  • stevotrueblue
    826 posts Professional
    Of course us older players wont be so high in skill points etc,,, we have way more xp points and as DDA can also look at your account and how long you have played the game,,, we get way more of the handicap against us. ;)
  • leon1309
    4190 posts National Call-Up
    43 (WL: s1-g3 with 15 to 20 played in few times i gave it a go, DR: mostly div4).
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    23-25 wins, max 26. sometimes 22

No flick ups but many first time shots
  • Adrew
    edited August 25

Almost no skills at all. My goals mainly come from crossing (no tornado gimmicks) and first time shots.

How you do with crossing? I have been abusing (shame!) first time shots that lead me to Gold 1 few times.

But my crossing is terrible, missing 9 out of 10 times as balls could not meet my players. My strikers are CR7 OTW, R9 96, Richarlison Futties, my mid are Gullit 93 and Vieira 91 so heading should not be problems.

How do you do with proper crosses? Pleae guide me! Thank you!
  • DanValletta
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    28 E3 personally.

This reminds me of a really bad scientific experiment though. To build any theory that relates to age and skill you would need to take in context a few things.

Such as how long have they been gaming, How many years have they played fifa. How often do they play?
    Internet connection? Console? What team they have.

You don't need crazy reactions to be good at FIFA. It isn't like a first person shooter.

I think that you could even ask how much do lower levels of testosterone effect competitiveness levels.
    In turn how does a lower level of competitiveness effect how fast you learn in a game that has no real bearing on your actual reality.

There's just so much.
  • kcichris
    1616 posts Play-Off Hero
    backpost crosses with l1+circle / lb + x are pretty strong especially in combination with flick ups
  • Adrew
    kcichris wrote: »
    backpost crosses with l1+circle / lb + x are pretty strong especially in combination with flick ups

Do you use “Manual/ Semi or Assisted” cross?
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    I

How you do with crossing? I have been abusing (shame!) first time shots that lead me to Gold 1 few times.

But my crossing is terrible, missing 9 out of 10 times as balls could not meet my players. My strikers are CR7 OTW, R9 96, Richarlison Futties, my mid are Gullit 93 and Vieira 91 so heading should not be problems.

How do you do with proper crosses? Pleae guide me! Thank you!

You do the l1/square (or Xbox buttons), aim for back post and importantly, be going AWAY from the goal. I.e facing your own goal. Otherwise keeper will get a lot of them.

Then make sure your wide player is tall with 99 jumping.

Do the r1+l1 header and aim
  • Antiseen
    1329 posts Professional
    elite 3

Haven’t played a lot before toty cuz I was trading non stop to hit top100 transferprofit
  • Ruprecht
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    37 Div 1 Gold 1. Played since Fifa 1994 stopped a couple of years later and got back into it in fifa 17. Learned a few skills and cant play without doing them all the time. Does my head in but its ingrained now.
  • alvchong
    937 posts Professional
    46, gold 3, div 4. Just started fut this year. Decided to let go Fifa 20. I'm done experimenting myself.
  • AJHaeford1989
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    29 turning 30 and never gone past Div 4, I usually finish Gold 2/3 in WL.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4863 posts Big Money Move
    36. 2100 SR. Gold 1/2 (usually pretty tight every weekend as to where I finish).
  • number7rocky
    4196 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 25
    26 Elite 3/2 2600 skill rating, not played in 3 weeks though
  • RedDevilNL
    55 posts Park Captain
    40. G3/D4. Started playing in May. Qualified for D6 then promptly lost every match until I was a hair away from D9 lol. Actually came within one win of D3 a couple of weeks ago but since then I can’t seem to win any close matches. I’ve settled around 1220-1280 skill points, which is kinda disappointing after a couple months of steady improvement.
  • AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero
    30 div 1 and Gold 2.