Fut is for the rich. It shouldn't be!!

Comments

• Orison
    48547 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Alx192 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    I mean DullenMike bought 12k fp this year and then went and won a FUT Champs cup which made him 50,000$ (-tax ofc).

The main thing holding people back from being competitive is skill, not money.

Or bad gameplay, or bad connection. Let's be honest, competition cannot exist if there is no skill gap. You can trade, buy fp, do SBCs all year, be lucky when opening packs. If the game is bad for you at some point, that's it. All for nothing. Fifa is not a game you can rely on skill anymore.

Ofc you can lol.

The skillgap is huge. If you argue that it's in the wrong places that's ok, but saying there is no skillgap is laughable. Play Tekkz for a few games and see how well it goes...
  • Alx192
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 24
    I mean DullenMike bought 12k fp this year and then went and won a FUT Champs cup which made him 50,000$ (-tax ofc).

Or bad gameplay, or bad connection. Let's be honest, competition cannot exist if there is no skill gap. You can trade, buy fp, do SBCs all year, be lucky when opening packs. If the game is bad for you at some point, that's it. All for nothing. Fifa is not a game you can rely on skill anymore.

Ofc you can lol.

The skillgap is huge. If you argue that it's in the wrong places that's ok, but saying there is no skillgap is laughable. Play Tekkz for a few games and see how well it goes...

Tekkz abuses mechanics.

And is sematincs, honestly. What skill gap can there be if I play football and the opponent uses la croqueta and flick-ups and wins 1-0? And btw, using la croqueta or flicking the ball up is not about skill or timing. It's nonsense. Let's see in Fifa 20.

Aaand, what skill gap is there in division 1, where everyone is using drop back 1 depth?

What is laughable, though, is how you wrote "skillgap".
  • Jonboyparker
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 24
    £0 on points. Safe trading only. 35mil profit with a stacked club. Only take Untradables and never had a good red. I’m only a gold player.

The issue is everyone is in a rush to get a great team with is outdated within weeks. Be smart. Coin management is the key. Doesn’t take much effort at all.
  • Safehands84
    3508 posts National Call-Up
    Playing casual gives you 120k a week, even if you pack nothing in the packs discard gives you close to a mill a month. That's even without trading, what more do you want for free.

So then after 11 months you'll have the best players on the pitch. Makes sense. But you won't be competitive until that point.

You're in the same boat as everyone else you get ho
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Playing casual gives you 120k a week, even if you pack nothing in the packs discard gives you close to a mill a month. That's even without trading, what more do you want for free.

What's a casual for you? I'd love to know how a "casual" can get 120k per week just from playing. Also, 120k*4=480k≠1M.

I'd describe myself as casual. I play about 3 games a night so about 90 minutes. I rarely bother with WL normal stop at 6 wins the weeks I do. Rivals I normal take packs it gives me the players to do MM or league sbc then I sell what I get out of them packs. With all the packs you get free each month, taking coins easy close to a mill without doing anything.

I probably list my items 4 times a day and could have any player on game bar pim R9 and pim gullit. You dont even need to trade loads, it's just sums up modern culture of everyone wanting everything for nothing without putting any effort in.

If you define causal someone who plays 6 games a week then they're not going to be competitive against somebody who plays every day, that person will be better.by the fact the more you do something the better you become at it, casuals cant compete with a hardcore player regardless of team. Also if you're are somebody who just plays a few games a week, why should you have all the top players? If you're in this boat play seasons you get to us all the top normal players.

Obviously there are people who spend thousands and gain an advantage especially at the start but this is a very small majority, if the OP is playing God squads ever game he is the unluckiest player in the world. I hover around 1800 points in rivals, I play a top squad even at this stage maybe 1 in 10 games, 1 in 5 is a good squad with few tots , icons. Majority are prem teams with maybe a icon or tots thrown in with a few special cards nothing amazing.
    If OP is lot higher skill points then hes again the most unuckiest person to be that high up and not able to get top players through his rewards.
  • invictus1
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Course you can. As with life, if you put your time and effort you will have higher coins in the end.
    If you expect to have a good team without putting in the effort or having the skill then the game is not for you
  • Orison

Ofc you can lol.

Tekkz abuses mechanics.

And is sematincs, honestly. What skill gap can there be if I play football and the opponent uses la croqueta and flick-ups and wins 1-0? And btw, using la croqueta or flicking the ball up is not about skill or timing. It's nonsense. Let's see in Fifa 20.

Aaand, what skill gap is there in division 1, where everyone is using drop back 1 depth?

Even in div 1 the gap is huge. If you are below 2400 you aren't even a real div 1 player or weren't one before EA dropped it down. Someone at 2400+ is miles ahead of someone at 2000.

Abusing game mechanics is the definition of a skill gap. Someone who does it better is better at the game, easy logic.

Crying about the lack of realism while getting smashed doesn't mean there is no skill gap. It means you are just not good enough. As I said if you argue that the skill gap is in the wrong places that's ok. But you choosing to not use what's effective or you not being good enough to use it effectively doesn't mean there is no skill gap. It means you are at the lower end of that gap.
  • Jonboyparker
    edited August 24

Ofc you can lol.

Tekkz abuses mechanics.

Even in div 1 the gap is huge. If you are below 2400 you aren't even a real div 1 player or weren't one before EA dropped it down. Someone at 2400+ is miles ahead of someone at 2000.

Abusing game mechanics is the definition of a skill gap. Someone who does it better is better at the game, easy logic.

Crying about the lack of realism while getting smashed doesn't mean there is no skill gap. It means you are just not good enough. As I said if you argue that the skill gap is in the wrong places that's ok. But you choosing to not use what's effective or you not being good enough to use it effectively doesn't mean there is no skill gap. It means you are at the lower end of that gap.

Totally agree with this. I’m 2000 SP and don’t see a difference with D2 or even D3. I definitely see a difference with someone kicking my arse! We all use the same skills, tricks and tactics to some extend. Some abuse mechainc and some dont. Some have great team and some don’t. If you want to get good at the game you have to learn the game. That includes basic trading. That’s all it takes to get millions of coins.

I’m not deluded. I’m as good as I am. My team hasn’t helped much. I don’t abuse the arcade mechanics because I don’t learn to use them correctly. That’s my downfall and I accept it. I accept the game mechanics as EA created them. I just don’t like them.

Regarding having to be rich to play Fut. Thats just a joke. People just need to be realistic. You can play a computer game at any level you want. If you put more time and effort into it, you get better. Simple as that. The game has its flaws and it’s a bad build. It doesnt okay how I want it to play but Buying FP’s doesn’t give you a massive adavnatage. It just makes it faster to get a great team. Imo, only pro players need the best players at each stage of the game. Standard, no competitiove players can play with any decent team and still hit their level.
  • Gromit
    3428 posts National Call-Up
    There are clearly ways to earn coins, especially by those willing to commit lots of time to playing and trading.

But OP has a point of sorts. The main problem is the fact the game is now solely centred around having a strong team.

If you make a bronze team you'll likely face a strong gold team, same if you make a silver or low rated gold team.

Theres just no lower or middle tier anymore and it really isn't very fair. It alienates a lot of gamers but also alienates most of the leagues. If you're an Eredivisie fan, or EFL League 2 fan and you want to use players from the league you follow you're pretty much f***ed.

Its too elitist too much focus on the top 50 players in the world. EA know all this, they just dont care cos people playing with cheap bronzes and non rare golds all year isn't making them any money selling packs.
  • Drachenfells
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    thats true, bronze and silver players are sbc fodder, there is really no point playing with them as there are no modes that require them. Same as any gold player under 84 (there are still some usable 85s)
  • Alx192
    edited August 24

Ofc you can lol.

Tekkz abuses mechanics.

Then how do you explain bad connection or bad gameplay. Where's the skill gap there? Let's put Tekkz and Kurt to play a game. Tekkz has good gameplay and good connection. Kurt hasn't. Kurt reads all Tekkz's game, does the skill moves, plays the attacks, but looses and Tekkz scores with a perfect first time shot ftom outside box. Was Tekkz more skillfull than Kurt in these conditions?
  • Safehands84
    3508 posts National Call-Up
    Gromit wrote: »
    There are clearly ways to earn coins, especially by those willing to commit lots of time to playing and trading.

But OP has a point of sorts. The main problem is the fact the game is now solely centred around having a strong team.

If you make a bronze team you'll likely face a strong gold team, same if you make a silver or low rated gold team.

Theres just no lower or middle tier anymore and it really isn't very fair. It alienates a lot of gamers but also alienates most of the leagues. If you're an Eredivisie fan, or EFL League 2 fan and you want to use players from the league you follow you're pretty much f***ed.

Its too elitist too much focus on the top 50 players in the world. EA know all this, they just dont care cos people playing with cheap bronzes and non rare golds all year isn't making them any money selling packs.

Agree with this, it was criminal getting rid of bronze and silver cups, they needed revamping in terms of rewards to make them more appealling so more played, not removing. I've enjoyed the objectives which were bronze and silver specific but getting a decent game was virtually impossible, most players dont want to play, 1 goal quit, get the player. I'd love them to bring them back. My first team was always a silver championship, but pointless now, even in single matches when there isnt objectives people just sub on icons. New modes for silver and bronze with decent rewards so you could get a game would be most welcome, the old cups were difficult to gets games once you got semi as rewards were so poor, maybe a untradable pack of some kind would be good.

I do take the point 98% of the database is useless other than sbc fooder, i dont think this is the point the OP was making though.
  • Orison

Ofc you can lol.

Tekkz abuses mechanics.

Then how do you explain bad connection or bad gameplay. Where's the skill gap there? Let's put Tekkz and Kurt to play a game. Tekkz has good gameplay and good connection. Kurt hasn't. Kurt reads all Tekkz's game, does the skill moves, plays the attacks, but looses and Tekkz scores with a perfect first time shot ftom outside box. Was Tekkz more skillfull than Kurt in these conditions?

You are clutching at straws here pal. You are trying to argue against this game having a skill gap by making up a single game or even moment in a game and even that one contains so many ifs and buts that it barely makes sense.

Let Kurt and Tekkz play 10 games and see who wins more...
  • Alx192

Ofc you can lol.

Tekkz abuses mechanics.

You are clutching at straws here pal. You are trying to argue against this game having a skill gap by making up a single game or even moment in a game and even that one contains so many ifs and buts that it barely makes sense.

Let Kurt and Tekkz play 10 games and see who wins more...

Let's agree to disagree, pal.
  • PaulDr
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I haven't spent a penny on the game and purchased the standard edition. I'm an average player, probably even below average and I am not an expert trader and have never purchased a player with the sole intention of selling him off at profit, but I have a 95 rated a squad and 93 rated b squad. 997 players in the squad. So I'm not sure that's true - but I've played a stupid amount of games considering I work full time and am a single parent (I dont play any other game).
  • Drachenfells
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    That's the Problem though, if you don't fully commit to fut, it's not possible without FIFA points or a lot of luck to get the best players prime moments gullet still is over 8 million, That should never happen in a full price game, if it means increased odds for the top players or a hard price cap I'm not sure, but something has to happen.

I want to play other games, without feeling penalized for not keeping up.
  • Amdp9
    3117 posts National Call-Up
    Terrible the way fifa is going. Only the privileged can have an upper hand. Fifa points and getting the best players. Very unfair.

Now this after a year in the game 😂😂😂
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3275 posts National Call-Up
    The thread title is soaked in childlike naiveté so i'll throw a mischievous curve ball: Life is for the rich. It shouldn't be!!11

Deal with it. Sunglasses.gif
  • swfcfan89
    938 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 25
    Love it when people complain about how 'hard' it is to get coins these days. They'd have loved it back in the day when you actually had to know how to trade to get anything other than an bog standard gold team. Now it's easier than ever and they still moan.

If it was as easy as some people want it to be then there'd be no sense of achievement in getting a certain player and everybody would be running around with a full Icon team from the start.

source.gif
  • Bags
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    it doesnt have to be. i've got a complete god squad including Gullit, Vieira, R96 , TOTA Aub etc all without a single fifa point bought.

My tip is to learn to trade and do not do player sbc's unless its for your end/near end team. The biggest problem most people make is to do far too many player SBC's. Most are awful value for money.
  • Bags
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    Oh and while we are at it my 8 year old twins also have god squads too. They don't even play that much (although i sometimes do their objectives for them if they want the player and its a tough online one). Neither have ever played WL and are in div 7 although they have both had better pack luck than me this year (1 of them have packed 2 icons this year, I have never packed an icon)

You do need to commit to it though. But you do in any game like FUT. You won't get to tier 100 in fortnite unless you play regularly.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2652 posts Fans' Favourite
    You don’t need to be rich.

You need to spend a lot of time and be controlled. What that means is stop doing sbc. 95% of sbcs are terrible, terrible choices.

Play the game a lot and If you don’t do the bad sbc, it’s easy to get a god squad quickly

Try to keep as many coins in tradeable items. Untradeable are bad, bad cards most, but not all of the time

• Greezyweezy101
    1041 posts Professional
    edited August 25
    Funny how so many of you think money is more valuable than time

"I hAvE MaDe 100 MilLiOn TrADiNg!"

You do realise you can be time rich, right?
    Grow up.

This game is 100% pay to win. You pay with either huge amounts of money or time.

I thougt I had a good team. This week I used the loan TOTY CR7 and TOTY Mbappe...

Now i realise my team is average.

The TOP players pretty much do everything for you and these cant be obtained by 99% of people.

• maksi
    6602 posts Big Money Move
    Exactly, you could earn real money instead wasting hundreds or thousands of hours grinding and trading.

Compared to time invested FUT is a joke, no game have such bad ratio time vs. rewards.
  • Jonboyparker
    edited August 25
    Funny how so many of you think money is more valuable than time

"I hAvE MaDe 100 MilLiOn TrADiNg!"

You do realise you can be time rich, right?
    Grow up.

This game is 100% pay to win. You pay with either huge amounts of money or time.

I thougt I had a good team. This week I used the loan TOTY CR7 and TOTY Mbappe...

Now i realise my team is average.

The TOP players pretty much do everything for you and these cant be obtained by 99% of people.

No one is saying it doesn’t take time. It just doesn’t take as much time as you think. Maybe at first but soon it becomes easy. Every game takes time to hit the top rank. Fifa is no different.

If I load up another game right now, I will be bottom of the pile... why? Because I’ve not played it much. I dont expect to get good at something unless I play it. Trading is the same. Gameplay is the same.

FUT takes time to learn, just like any other game but when you get to grips with it, you can have all your weekends free. I spend all mine with my family and still play Fifa. No so much WL anymore but you don’t have to. It’s a choice. I have maybe one for the best teams in Fifa and I have it 3 months ago without spending a penny.
  • maksi
    edited August 25
    FUT takes time to learn, just like any other game but when you get to grips with it, you can have all your weekends free. I spend all mine with my family and still play Fifa. No so much WL anymore but you don’t have to. It’s a choice. I have maybe one for the best teams in Fifa and I have it 3 months ago without spending a penny.
    but this is played all year not just last 3 months, basically we're just wasting time 7-8 months

you can get dirt cheap TOTS team because hardcore players collected vast amounts of coins and everything is worth much less
  • 3MenandaBebe
    maksi wrote: »
    Exactly, you could earn real money instead wasting hundreds or thousands of hours grinding and trading.

Compared to time invested FUT is a joke, no game have such bad ratio time vs. rewards.

That applies to life. If you want. The best stuff. Be that in Fifa, life, anything. The cost is very highly. Time. Money or sometimes both
  • maksi
    edited August 25
    That applies to life. If you want. The best stuff. Be that in Fifa, life, anything. The cost is very highly. Time. Money or sometimes both
    games should be escapism, not a job

pay2win doesn't just mean literally paying with real money, it means you either pay with absurd amount of time or real money

so if you want to have any fun in fifa you have to pay real money
  • 3MenandaBebe
    maksi wrote: »
    games should be escapism, not a job

pay2win doesn't mean literally paying with money, it means you either pay with absurd amount of time or real money

It is escapism.

There is no pressure in Fifa like there is in job or a life. No bills. No sudden water leaks. No performance reviews. No sickness. Jo family arguments. It’s pure escapism from life

You decide how much money or time you spend on it. That’s your choice. But in anything we do, we can’t have the best stuff if we don’t earn it.

That applies to Fifa
  • Orison
    It's a videogame, a hobby.

Why are people saying you could earn money instead? Many people play this after work or instead of going out drinking or so.

Would love to meet the guy who comes home after work only to "earn more real life money". Some people treat this game way too much like the equivalent of a job instead of acknowledging it as the hobby it is. Time consuming sure, but a hobby nontheless.