Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    9360 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »
    De Gea yelling at Guaita. Because Dave actually cares.

We played terrible but the ref lost us this game.
    Again a lesser team gets rewarded for dirty fouls and wasting time.

The ref lost you the game by giving you a penalty? Right
  • Pughy30
    30310 posts National Team Captain
    Blaming the ref when he wasn't even that bad :D , You're playing against Palace you should be beating them regardless of the ref
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain

Crestfallen.

We should have 9 points on performances, as questionable as the first half today was.

Referee made numerous errors. Pens, reds, yellows, added time, etc but you can't blame him if you miss a penalty.

Overriding emotion is sadness but its soothed a little by the conviction that we are absolutely headed in the right direction. Ole's at the wheel <3
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Can't be having these sort of setbacks this early ffs.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    Keano wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    So Rashford has the worst penalty conversion rate of the 3 now (Pogba, Martial and Rashford)? With 2 goals and 1 miss.

Rashford puts them in decent areas of the goal, that pen miss was unlucky, but i’m not getting into this again.

Yeah Rashford's penalty was unlucky tbh. I'd keep him on them because even though I don't really rate him as a player, he strikes the ball very cleanly.
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    How long until you're calling for Ole's head?
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    They hadn’t beat United in like 28 years.

Y I K E S
  • Shshj
    14347 posts Has That Special Something
    Welcome to the four points gang fellas
  • Keano
    20588 posts Club Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Shouldve had 1-2 more, red card to palace as the other defender was not catching martial, regardless... rival fans will come in here given the result and poke and bait, but wont be seen when we’re winning.
  • Mike
    10550 posts Has That Special Something
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Y I K E S
    At OT or just in general?
  • Keano
    20588 posts Club Captain
    So Rashford has the worst penalty conversion rate of the 3 now (Pogba, Martial and Rashford)? With 2 goals and 1 miss.

Rashford puts them in decent areas of the goal, that pen miss was unlucky, but i’m not getting into this again.

Yeah Rashford's penalty was unlucky tbh. I'd keep him on them because even though I don't really rate him as a player, he strikes the ball very cleanly.

His placement is great, Pogba doesnt have as good placement, as i said im not getting into the pogba rashford thing again, but anyone that watched both of their pens can see Rashford places them a lot better etc.
  • Ahmer50x
  • Keano
    20588 posts Club Captain
    Shshj wrote: »

Cheers pal, you fancy loaning us mount ? Would appreciate it, cheers x 😂
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    Mike wrote: »

Y I K E S
    At OT or just in general?

Thought they said at OT. At the pub and all the United fans got giddy at the thoughts of a draw against mighty Palace and Woy...

Unluuuuuukay

• Teh Zombz
    5604 posts Big Money Move

Y I K E S

are you sure? doesn't sound right but i wouldn't be surprised. since fergie left we have been breaking these sort of records all the time
  • Shshj
    14347 posts Has That Special Something

Cheers pal, you fancy loaning us mount ? Would appreciate it, cheers x 😂

Only if you give us Young
  • MarkFromNorwich
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Shouldve had 1-2 more, red card to palace as the other defender was not catching martial, regardless... rival fans will come in here given the result and poke and bait, but wont be seen when we’re winning.

1-2 more? One at best and you can't deny the contact was outside the box so even that one isn't. Red card is a 50/50, his touch was taking him slightly away from goal but I think he would've been through so I'd have given red but get why they didn't.

• Indrit
    1966 posts Play-Off Hero

Ha ha very true !
  • Apollo
    20659 posts Club Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

FFS, what the **** is wrong with these cretins on social media, it's absolutely unacceptable
  • Teh Zombz
    5604 posts Big Money Move

it's going to happen all season regardless of the team. one racist tweet will get this headline now
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    It was 27 years home and away without beating United. 💀
  • Ahmer50x
    xG: MUFC 2.24 - 0.68 Palace (per Understat)

We win that 3-1 or 2-0 most times. No need to panic.

We knew there would be setbacks this season. This is just one of them.

Chin up, we go again.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35965 posts World Cup Winner
    Pogba once again our only creative threat. All this game did was highlight the glaring hole at number 10. Lingard is absolutely not the answer and should reside on the bench.

The momentary lapse between Lindelof and Maguire I'm not worried about, that stuff should get cleaned up as they continue to play with eachother.
  • forearms
    6276 posts Big Money Move

His placement is great, Pogba doesnt have as good placement, as i said im not getting into the pogba rashford thing again, but anyone that watched both of their pens can see Rashford places them a lot better etc.

I have no problem getting Pogba off penalties, in fact that's exactly what I want.

I dont understand how no one is going to act like its Rashfords fault we lost, yet blame Pogba for the exact same thing.

This isnt directed at anyone here, just the fanbase and idiots in general.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Pogba once again our only creative threat. All this game did was highlight the glaring hole at number 10. Lingard is absolutely not the answer and should reside on the bench.

The momentary lapse between Lindelof and Maguire I'm not worried about, that stuff should get cleaned up as they continue to play with eachother.

There's more to it than one player. It'd definitely help but Lingard is not the difference between what you are now and what you should be. There doesn't seem to be a plan under Solskjaer imo, no distinct pattern of play. Occasionally there'll be bits of inspiration, but it's mostly just relying on individual quality like Mourinho did.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Not trolling here, but still think Greenwood is ready? He came on and then I literally didn’t see him at all apart from one pass in the build up to the penalty.
  • Sellish
    10206 posts Has That Special Something
    The Martial pen situation encourage every player out there that diving and cheating will win you games.
    If Martial dives there, it's a pen.

Not even VAR can save these ref's.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    "Adrian095 " Palace haven't scored in the league at Old Trafford in 15 years so you know its happening.

:(
  • Ahmer50x
    Not trolling here, but still think Greenwood is ready? He came on and then I literally didn’t see him at all apart from one pass in the build up to the penalty.

Yes. He's ready. So is Gomes.