OAP players....

Mrmad1980
124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Just seen a guy on here claiming to be 62, thought I was too old to still play at 38. Been brought up on swos myself. How many other OAPs we still got playing and what was your first football game.

Comments

• George_Cook_Over60
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm 63. I remember the first FIFA on the playstation i think. Also many footy games on the spectrum, and commodore amiga.

Sensible soccer ? not arf, jumpers for goalposts...hmmm.
  • Mrmad1980
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm 63. I remember the first FIFA on the playstation i think. Also many footy games on the spectrum, and commodore amiga.

Do you remember brutal sports football on Amiga where it was just a big fight and you could chop heads off
  • serrer7
    1448 posts Play-Off Hero
    I dont know whar OAP means, but im 44.
    My first football video game was a game in the Comodore Amiga, played with a joystick and with only 1 button, that i played with my brother and friends, always broking joystick.
    Can remember the name; Sensible soccer, maibe....
  • George_Cook_Over60
    There was Kick Off as well, that was a big one in its day.
  • Alex_cr
    5112 posts Big Money Move
    34 here and as far as I’m concerned SWOS has still not been surpassed as the best football game ever.
  • Screenshot-20190824-130401.jpg
  • Alx192
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Screenshot-20190824-130401.jpg

Imagine flick-up goals here
  • sparky123
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    SWOS was the best football game ever, people would have a fit with some of the goals you could score on that
  • Knowlesdinho
    10607 posts Has That Special Something
    37...never too old to game!
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mrmad1980 wrote: »

Do you remember brutal sports football on Amiga where it was just a big fight and you could chop heads off

I can remember brutal sports football. You could throw bombs about on the pitch too. It would be great if they made a modern day version of this. I used to play it at my mates house as a kid as well as road rash and which was another sports/violence mash up!
  • spy
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Kick off 2 on PC was my first football game.
  • Diggy
    13638 posts Has That Special Something
    Match day on the ZX spectrum was my first
  • o0OainavO0o
    2232 posts Fans' Favourite
    acc637434d0681cc4c7304bd88a33c4e.jpeg
    39, played tecmo on nes, grew up playing in arcades and I can’t remember the name but there was one I played all the time at the local grocery store.
  • Seanregal
    561 posts An Exciting Prospect
    We tried a forum over 40s tournament earlier this year which died on it ****. As work and family meant we couldn't get fixtures played. Shame it was a fun idea while it lasted.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10607 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Never too old to play video games. My grandad played Fifa, Call of Duty, Flight sims, etc until his death at 81.

Nice story that, sorry for your loss, he sounds like a cool Grandad.
    I have a customer in his 80s that plays WOW. He’s in guilds and everything 😂. Legend!
  • JWNYsg
    807 posts Semi-Pro
    I’m definitely not young. But I’m fortunate not to be married so I think that helps
  • George_Cook_Over60
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Never too old to play video games. My grandad played Fifa, Call of Duty, Flight sims, etc until his death at 81.

Respect to your Grandad.
  • George_Cook_Over60
    Seanregal wrote: »
    We tried a forum over 40s tournament earlier this year which died on it ****. As work and family meant we couldn't get fixtures played. Shame it was a fun idea while it lasted.

That could have been fun.
    Has anybody thought of creating an over 40's Pro Club ? That would be a giggle, though we'd have to stop a lot to go for a wee etc !
  • ManC2020
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    59 years old here. Sensible soccer was the first I played. Also a big Wow fan when it started, but stopped after guilds wanted me to be there for them during work hours. Good times though.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    37 and played Sensible World of Soccer aswell since 1993. It was the best football game and maybe still is if you like Career Mode.
  • Redzed71
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special

My first footy game,I’m 48.
  • Chavez76
    2757 posts Fans' Favourite
    42 here. International Soccer on the Atari 2600 was my first

https://www.retrogames.cz/play_340-Atari2600.php
  • Gnomenclature
    3197 posts National Call-Up
    acc637434d0681cc4c7304bd88a33c4e.jpeg
    39, played tecmo on nes, grew up playing in arcades and I can’t remember the name but there was one I played all the time at the local grocery store.

Also 39. Remember this one for sure, but Pele's soccer was my first lol. Terrible game...
  • Safehands84
    3543 posts National Call-Up
    35 , my first one was wheelchair football on the commodore 64 or international match day on the spectrum.
  • WarrenBarton
    7657 posts League Winner
    I’m just a baby 👶🏻, I’m only 33
  • I’m 51 and used to play NASL Soccer on the Intellivision, circa 1979.

Looked like this:

No one complained that is was too fast or too slow.
  • Colt_seevers
    1121 posts Professional
    Diggy wrote: »
    Match day on the ZX spectrum was my first

I had that. When u went 1 up u could just stand in one spot and do headers for the remainder of the game. The rest of the players just ran around u!
  • acc637434d0681cc4c7304bd88a33c4e.jpeg

Was it football champ
    Screenshot-20190825-011430.jpg
    One of my all times faves
  • Pacey3_16
    1968 posts Fans' Favourite
    I had fifa international (1994) on mega drive pretty sure that was the 1st fifa as i had games like sensible soccer, world cup 90 or what ever it was called on mega games 1