Lootboxes, suprise mechanics and spending on points.

2

Comments

  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3355 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 23
    Libguy wrote: »
    Libguy wrote: »
    Honestly don't know how it's possible to spend over 2 grand and have that team. You're doing something wrong. Do you buy packs with coins? Do you just discard everything in your packs? Toss that stuff in your club and take the time to sell it when it's in demand. There probably isn't a gold card in the game that hasn't been selling for over 2k at some point.

    Anyway, spending money is fine. I probably spent like 4k this year? Actually I've been spending less this year because EA gives us so many rewards it isn't as necessary as it was in the past. Have more money today than I did 11 months ago. I'm also a grown-**** man though with plenty of money. If anybody is like under 25, there are probably better ways to spend your money than video games. At the least, make sure you aren't spending so much that you can't pay your bills.

    Sure is-- on adequate service/product. EA provides none of it. Not to mention their predatory modus operandi which boils down to abusing certain loopholes in the law in order to take advantage of children and addicts.

    Eh, I know the argument is "don't spend money because EA won't care about the quality of the game if everybody is spending money." But I like the game. That's why I play it and spend money. I have no real issues with the gameplay - yeah there are things that could be done better and things I would change, but nothing game breaking. Dudes were probably finding cheesy ways to win in Pong. That's not gonna change anytime soon.

    Honestly I think most other people who scream about hating the game actually like the game too. The alternative is to believe that people who say they hate the game actually hate the game and yet still put countless hours into playing it. And that I find hard to believe.

    I don't disagree that the loot boxes prey on the children. I wish they would scrap selling packs for fifa points and move to a pure p2w system where I could just buy any player that I wanted with cash.

    The game costs 60$ in a vacuum. That's all good and dandy; you purchase a piece of intellectual property with a resell value. The problem is when people choose to spend thousands on an ephemeral surge of dopamine through a proprietary vessel (that you get to borrow--as you do not own any accrued currency within FUT; this is important). Now we're descending down a slippery slope of textbook addiction and there really is no justification.
  • My story

    Probably spent about £9,000 on points since 2010.

    Still not packed Ronaldo or Messi.

    I dont buy points anymore.

    The end.

    9 grand is absolutely ridiculous, I'm sorry I don't care how rich someone is, no wonder nothing gets done with gameplay/servers etc when mugs like u spend a tonne, sorry to be so blunt 😉

    Your entitled to your opinion mate.
    It's wrong...But your entitled.

    I'll let you off as its you @Greezyweezy101
  • Kenpachi_FIFA
    497 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I am old enough to remeber the good old days when you buy the game and that's it. Now people buying the same game a hundred times over.

    Say all the negative crap about EA all you want. Its the fifa community that are the idiots.
  • I am old enough to remeber the good old days when you buy the game and that's it. Now people buying the same game a hundred times over.

    Say all the negative crap about EA all you want. Its the fifa community that are the idiots.

    That's back when games were actually fun, gimmee my old spectrum anyday
  • Dronegan
    1087 posts Professional
    Libguy wrote: »
    Honestly don't know how it's possible to spend over 2 grand and have that team. You're doing something wrong. Do you buy packs with coins? Do you just discard everything in your packs? Toss that stuff in your club and take the time to sell it when it's in demand. There probably isn't a gold card in the game that hasn't been selling for over 2k at some point.

    Anyway, spending money is fine. I probably spent like 4k this year? Actually I've been spending less this year because EA gives us so many rewards it isn't as necessary as it was in the past. Have more money today than I did 11 months ago. I'm also a grown-**** man though with plenty of money. If anybody is like under 25, there are probably better ways to spend your money than video games. At the least, make sure you aren't spending so much that you can't pay your bills.


    Nah dude. As i said ive played since UT was launched. I do know what cards to save and which SBC to not do.
    I dont trade though but do sell bronzes/silvers when the right SBC´s are out.
    This is 5 months of gameplay 2k grand spent.

    Its just awful pack luck. Ive actually never packed anything that sells on the market for more than 600k.

  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    Libguy wrote: »
    Honestly don't know how it's possible to spend over 2 grand and have that team. You're doing something wrong. Do you buy packs with coins? Do you just discard everything in your packs? Toss that stuff in your club and take the time to sell it when it's in demand. There probably isn't a gold card in the game that hasn't been selling for over 2k at some point.

    Anyway, spending money is fine. I probably spent like 4k this year? Actually I've been spending less this year because EA gives us so many rewards it isn't as necessary as it was in the past. Have more money today than I did 11 months ago. I'm also a grown-**** man though with plenty of money. If anybody is like under 25, there are probably better ways to spend your money than video games. At the least, make sure you aren't spending so much that you can't pay your bills.

    You say I spent 4k this year as if it was something smart to do (unless you earn like 500.000 a year) to spend that on a videogame. It's not in most cases.
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    Libguy wrote: »
    Honestly don't know how it's possible to spend over 2 grand and have that team. You're doing something wrong. Do you buy packs with coins? Do you just discard everything in your packs? Toss that stuff in your club and take the time to sell it when it's in demand. There probably isn't a gold card in the game that hasn't been selling for over 2k at some point.

    Anyway, spending money is fine. I probably spent like 4k this year? Actually I've been spending less this year because EA gives us so many rewards it isn't as necessary as it was in the past. Have more money today than I did 11 months ago. I'm also a grown-**** man though with plenty of money. If anybody is like under 25, there are probably better ways to spend your money than video games. At the least, make sure you aren't spending so much that you can't pay your bills.

    Sure is-- on adequate service/product. EA provides none of it. Not to mention their predatory modus operandi which boils down to abusing certain loopholes in the law in order to take advantage of children and addicts.

  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 23
    Libguy wrote: »
    Libguy wrote: »
    Honestly don't know how it's possible to spend over 2 grand and have that team. You're doing something wrong. Do you buy packs with coins? Do you just discard everything in your packs? Toss that stuff in your club and take the time to sell it when it's in demand. There probably isn't a gold card in the game that hasn't been selling for over 2k at some point.

    Anyway, spending money is fine. I probably spent like 4k this year? Actually I've been spending less this year because EA gives us so many rewards it isn't as necessary as it was in the past. Have more money today than I did 11 months ago. I'm also a grown-**** man though with plenty of money. If anybody is like under 25, there are probably better ways to spend your money than video games. At the least, make sure you aren't spending so much that you can't pay your bills.

    Sure is-- on adequate service/product. EA provides none of it. Not to mention their predatory modus operandi which boils down to abusing certain loopholes in the law in order to take advantage of children and addicts.

    Eh, I know the argument is "don't spend money because EA won't care about the quality of the game if everybody is spending money." But I like the game. That's why I play it and spend money. I have no real issues with the gameplay - yeah there are things that could be done better and things I would change, but nothing game breaking. Dudes were probably finding cheesy ways to win in Pong. That's not gonna change anytime soon.

    Honestly I think most other people who scream about hating the game actually like the game too. The alternative is to believe that people who say they hate the game actually hate the game and yet still put countless hours into playing it. And that I find hard to believe.

    I don't disagree that the loot boxes prey on the children. I waish they would scrap selling packs for fifa points and move to a pure p2w system where I could just buy any player that I wanted with cash.

    You've shown some truly horrible notions:

    1. Of course there are game breaking things. Headers break the game, so does broken AI defending, so does massive input delay caused by the existance of servers, and all gameplay mechanics that are broken. You are actually telling me that croquetas don't break the game? you for real dude?
    2. People like the start off matches, and what the game has to offer, but as soon as people use broken stuff on them to win, or the game gives goals with **** bounces to someone that doesn't deserve it, they go away so frustrated and trust me they don't like that part. That bad side WOULD drive people away from the game and they would play an alternative if there was a better football game. But there isn't. That's the only reason this game holds on even with broken stuff, abusing people, taking advantage of a casino in-game.
    3. Your idea about being able to buy players with your money would mean the disappearance of the market, a feature that brings a LOT of depth and enjoyment for this game. If the game lost it it would lose a huge appeal.
    4. There are people who need that 4K, some of them desperately (including me). There are people suffering of an illness out there because they don't have those 4K.
  • Libguy
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Libguy wrote: »
    Honestly don't know how it's possible to spend over 2 grand and have that team. You're doing something wrong. Do you buy packs with coins? Do you just discard everything in your packs? Toss that stuff in your club and take the time to sell it when it's in demand. There probably isn't a gold card in the game that hasn't been selling for over 2k at some point.

    Anyway, spending money is fine. I probably spent like 4k this year? Actually I've been spending less this year because EA gives us so many rewards it isn't as necessary as it was in the past. Have more money today than I did 11 months ago. I'm also a grown-**** man though with plenty of money. If anybody is like under 25, there are probably better ways to spend your money than video games. At the least, make sure you aren't spending so much that you can't pay your bills.

    You say I spent 4k this year as if it was something smart to do (unless you earn like 500.000 a year) to spend that on a videogame. It's not in most cases.

    Well I don't earn that much money, but if EA gave me the 4k back it would have 0 impact on my life. The thing about money, you either spend it or you save it. I have plenty of money saved. I should probably spend some of it. What should I spend it on? I like playing fifa. I like opening packs. "Oh, but you could take a trip" - dude, I legit hate to travel.

    People are always like "well think about what you could buy for 4k!?" There really isn't anything I want for 4k. And if there was I would buy it. It's not like I had exactly 4k and I spent it all on fifa. That would be silly.
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 23
    Help someone in need. Have you thought about that? Like someone close to you.
  • Azof
    16615 posts World Class
    I am old enough to remeber the good old days when you buy the game and that's it. Now people buying the same game a hundred times over.

    Say all the negative crap about EA all you want. Its the fifa community that are the idiots.

    Plenty of great games still without predatory tactics, people just choose to buy the ones loaded with mtx and then cry all year about it
  • Ishibum
    12461 posts Has That Special Something
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Help someone in need. Have you thought about that? Like someone close to you.

    What someone else does with their own money (that they have earned) is none of your business.
  • Libguy
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Help someone in need. Have you thought about that? Like someone close to you.

    I mean, if my elderly parents asked me for 4k I would give it to them in a second. Of course, I'd probably then spend that much again hiring a private investigator and/or lawyer to tell me what the hell those old people did with all their money.

    Actually I do have friends who I have helped out with money. But that doesn't impact the fifa budget.
  • Libguy
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Libguy wrote: »
    Libguy wrote: »
    Honestly don't know how it's possible to spend over 2 grand and have that team. You're doing something wrong. Do you buy packs with coins? Do you just discard everything in your packs? Toss that stuff in your club and take the time to sell it when it's in demand. There probably isn't a gold card in the game that hasn't been selling for over 2k at some point.

    Anyway, spending money is fine. I probably spent like 4k this year? Actually I've been spending less this year because EA gives us so many rewards it isn't as necessary as it was in the past. Have more money today than I did 11 months ago. I'm also a grown-**** man though with plenty of money. If anybody is like under 25, there are probably better ways to spend your money than video games. At the least, make sure you aren't spending so much that you can't pay your bills.

    Sure is-- on adequate service/product. EA provides none of it. Not to mention their predatory modus operandi which boils down to abusing certain loopholes in the law in order to take advantage of children and addicts.

    Eh, I know the argument is "don't spend money because EA won't care about the quality of the game if everybody is spending money." But I like the game. That's why I play it and spend money. I have no real issues with the gameplay - yeah there are things that could be done better and things I would change, but nothing game breaking. Dudes were probably finding cheesy ways to win in Pong. That's not gonna change anytime soon.

    Honestly I think most other people who scream about hating the game actually like the game too. The alternative is to believe that people who say they hate the game actually hate the game and yet still put countless hours into playing it. And that I find hard to believe.

    I don't disagree that the loot boxes prey on the children. I wish they would scrap selling packs for fifa points and move to a pure p2w system where I could just buy any player that I wanted with cash.

    The game costs 60$ in a vacuum. That's all good and dandy; you purchase a piece of intellectual property with a resell value. The problem is when people choose to spend thousands on an ephemeral surge of dopamine through a proprietary vessel (that you get to borrow--as you do not own any accrued currency within FUT; this is important). Now we're descending down a slippery slope of textbook addiction and there really is no justification.

    I agree packs are just gambling. And like all gambling, you can either handle yourself or you can't. And if you can't, things can get very bad. There's been plenty of threads on this forum where I've been pulling my hair yelling "OBVIOUSLY IT'S GAMBLING! I LOVE TO GAMBLE! I KNOW WHAT GAMBLING IS! THIS IS GAMBLING!"

    As to actually owning the stuff, honestly that doesn't bother me anymore. It's just how it is in 2019. We don't own any of this stuff anymore. I grew up buying tapes and CDs. Then I was paying 99 cents for the right to download a song to my iPod. Now I just pay Spotify $10 a month to stream stuff as long as I keep paying them $10 a month.
  • Jobiwan
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    I dont think you should be able to spend 4k on a game personally. But if someone wants to put 10k in even it has **** all to do with me thats their choice. Wouldnt be me, but i dont judge others for what they wanna do...
  • Big_Sam_1878
    79 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm kind of shocked to be honest. That's a lot of mi ey to put in a game. Especially because your team is good, but not 2150 good.

    This is my team. Spent 0.


    Screenshot-20190823-115800-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg


    I hope you can control your spending this year. 2150 buys you a lot of pretty things.


    Zero spent yet 25 Fifa points on your screenshot
  • Libguy
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I'm kind of shocked to be honest. That's a lot of mi ey to put in a game. Especially because your team is good, but not 2150 good.

    This is my team. Spent 0.


    Screenshot-20190823-115800-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg


    I hope you can control your spending this year. 2150 buys you a lot of pretty things.


    Zero spent yet 25 Fifa points on your screenshot

    waiting.gif
  • Libguy
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Man, we really need FIFA 20 to come around. In another week, this place is just gonna be some post-apocalyptic wasteland where we're all fighting each other to the death with whatever sharpened instruments we can cobble together.
  • JohnDoe
    11300 posts Has That Special Something
    Libguy wrote: »
    I'm kind of shocked to be honest. That's a lot of mi ey to put in a game. Especially because your team is good, but not 2150 good.

    This is my team. Spent 0.


    Screenshot-20190823-115800-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg


    I hope you can control your spending this year. 2150 buys you a lot of pretty things.


    Zero spent yet 25 Fifa points on your screenshot

    waiting.gif
  • IAIK7
    3433 posts National Call-Up
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Libguy wrote: »
    I'm kind of shocked to be honest. That's a lot of mi ey to put in a game. Especially because your team is good, but not 2150 good.

    This is my team. Spent 0.


    Screenshot-20190823-115800-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg


    I hope you can control your spending this year. 2150 buys you a lot of pretty things.


    Zero spent yet 25 Fifa points on your screenshot

    waiting.gif

    It may have been the free FP some PS4 users got a while back.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11402 posts Has That Special Something
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Libguy wrote: »
    I'm kind of shocked to be honest. That's a lot of mi ey to put in a game. Especially because your team is good, but not 2150 good.

    This is my team. Spent 0.


    Screenshot-20190823-115800-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg


    I hope you can control your spending this year. 2150 buys you a lot of pretty things.


    Zero spent yet 25 Fifa points on your screenshot

    waiting.gif

    It may have been the free FP some PS4 users got a while back.

    You have just gave him his excuse 😂😂
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11402 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 24
    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    Help someone in need. Have you thought about that? Like someone close to you.

    I'm 100% against people buying FPs as I feel it's sending the wrong message to EA letting them think we're happy with the product. I'm even against people buying FIFA 20 as again it's praising them for their "good" work.

    But to come on here and tell someone how to spend their hard earned money, nobody has any right to do that.

    I think the guy is stupid for spending that kind of money on a broken game but that's his choice. We can all have opinions but that doesn't give us the right to tell people what to do or how to do it.

    Just a thought.
Sign In or Register to comment.