Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Keano
    12920 posts Has That Special Something
    Mike wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    Let Lukaku still be hung up on us, end of the day the more he's mentioning us the more we're in his head... & lets be real we all know he's just looking for excuses. We've moved on & are we all happy? For sure, so it's like that ex you get rid of that then starts telling everyone you're bad in bed... you're not, but let her crack on being a petty child.

I had that happen to me with an ex. She told everyone that I had a 3 inch willy. It may be true but she didn't have to do me like that.

I really like the new SDoofus. Top comment.
    Don’t encourage him

It’s called positive reinforcement. He carries on how he is and he’ll be fine in here unlike the other times, so far he seems sound. @SDoofus fair play to you, just dont turn back 😂
  • SDoofus
    4778 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Score predictions vs the palace? I think Zaha comes back to haunt you guys.

2-2, last minute pen won via Var from the Wilfster.

:D
  • forearms
    4745 posts National Call-Up
    Mike wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Let Lukaku still be hung up on us, end of the day the more he's mentioning us the more we're in his head... & lets be real we all know he's just looking for excuses. We've moved on & are we all happy? For sure, so it's like that ex you get rid of that then starts telling everyone you're bad in bed... you're not, but let her crack on being a petty child.

I had that happen to me with an ex. She told everyone that I had a 3 inch willy. It may be true but she didn't have to do me like that.

I really like the new SDoofus. Top comment.
    Don’t encourage him

I detested what that dude did to the forum on a daily basis. I would say that his attitude since returning deserves encouragement and appreciation. I'm cautiously optimistic. 😊
  • Ahmer50x
    17462 posts World Class
    Screen-Shot-2019-08-23-at-12.35.15-PM.png

U23 team VS Newcastle.

Garner and Chong playing but no sight of Gomes or Greenwood.

Hopefully both play for the first team tomorrow though I expect 15 minutes for Greenwood off the bench and Gomes as an unused sub
  • Sellish
    9038 posts League Winner
    Chong :)
  • Sellish
    9038 posts League Winner
    Ramazani with amazing close controll. Looked like Martial
  • Ahmer50x
    17462 posts World Class
    John McGinn looking good again.

January bid may not be the worst idea tbh if he keeps up
  • TakeItSlow
    7190 posts Big Money Move
    Least you’ll finish above Everton
  • Tornado31619
    16585 posts World Class
    Least you’ll finish above Everton

You seriously thought we wouldn’t? They’re about as consistent as West Ham :lol:
  • Ahmer50x
    17462 posts World Class

Given what Garner has been doing for the U23's lately, I'm happy he's expected to get a chance but don't like Gomes being put in that bracket. He's with Greenwood in terms of being ready for league play now.
  • Keano
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Given what Garner has been doing for the U23's lately, I'm happy he's expected to get a chance but don't like Gomes being put in that bracket. He's with Greenwood in terms of being ready for league play now.

Agreed.. i'd put Greenwood & gomes in the ready bracket & Chong/garner in the.... need to be slowly fased in as they're not quite at that level.
  • Ahmer50x
    17462 posts World Class

Agreed.. i'd put Greenwood & gomes in the ready bracket & Chong/garner in the.... need to be slowly fased in as they're not quite at that level.

My personal feeling is we won't see much of any of the kids except Greenwood 15 minute cameos from the bench until Europa+League cups begin.

Then I think he may just play the kids and reserves in those competitions.
  • forearms
    4745 posts National Call-Up
    Anybody else watch Dortmund today? Down 1-0 in the second half, the game turned when Brandt came on, and that helped Sancho influence the gameplay. Sancho with 1G+1A.
  • Keano
    forearms wrote: »
    Anybody else watch Dortmund today? Down 1-0 in the second half, the game turned when Brandt came on, and that helped Sancho influence the gameplay. Sancho with 1G+1A.

nah saw they were 1-0 down & was thinking about hopefully they'll still be up there fighting with Munich till the end, though maybe from a point of view of wanting Sancho, we'd want Sancho to do great but Dortmund to collapse.
  • Kman
    2870 posts Fans' Favourite
    Man watching some of Gomes from last season and Pre Season...already as good if not better than Mata because he actually can defend a little bit and gets back and can win tackles. So impressed with lad I hope Ole can integrate him as soon as possible. If he leaves it too late and we start dropping points in the league we’ll never see him get a start.
  • Ahmer50x
    17462 posts World Class
    Kman wrote: »
    Man watching some of Gomes from last season and Pre Season...already as good if not better than Mata because he actually can defend a little bit and gets back and can win tackles. So impressed with lad I hope Ole can integrate him as soon as possible. If he leaves it too late and we start dropping points in the league we’ll never see him get a start.

If Ole handles this correctly with Greenwood and Gomes, I truly think he can save about 250m in transfers (Maddison and Sancho).

The idea of Greenwood, Rashy, and AM9 on the end of chances created by Pogba and Gomes is the stuff of dreams. Just need the manager to believe and let them have a run.

No sense in going with Lingard and Mata.
  • Keano
    edited August 24

If Ole handles this correctly with Greenwood and Gomes, I truly think he can save about 250m in transfers (Maddison and Sancho).

The idea of Greenwood, Rashy, and AM9 on the end of chances created by Pogba and Gomes is the stuff of dreams. Just need the manager to believe and let them have a run.

That does sound amazing tbf.

Would then just need to figure out our first choice cdm ;)

Then i'd say our first 11 was complete.

Martial - Greenwood- Rashford (interchanging, but greenwood the best finisher in the center starting).
    Pogba - _____ - Gomes
    Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - Wan-Bissaka
    De Gea
  • Ahmer50x
    17462 posts World Class

Martial - Greenwood- Rashford (interchanging, but greenwood the best finisher in the center starting).
    Pogba - _____ - Gomes
    De Gea

Jimmy Garner says hello :tongue:
  • Kman

Pogba - _____ - Gomes
    De Gea

Still think Martial is best up top and Rash and Greenwood can play the winger role better. Rashford sprinting after wide balls and Greenwood cutting back in on that 5 star weakfoot lol.

I love the way Gomes plays but he always has his head up and is very aware of everything around him, hope he can get a shot.
  • Ahmer50x
    17462 posts World Class

Pogba - _____ - Gomes
    De Gea

Still think Martial is best up top and Rash and Greenwood can play the winger role better. Rashford sprinting after wide balls and Greenwood cutting back in on that 5 star weakfoot lol.

I love the way Gomes plays but he always has his head up and is very aware of everything around him, hope he can get a shot.

I also think the way forward is Greenwood RW and Martial up front.

You need a decent left foot if you’re gonna play RW and Mason’s just better on his than Martial and Rashford are.
  • Kman

Pogba - _____ - Gomes
    De Gea

I also think the way forward is Greenwood RW and Martial up front.

You need a decent left foot if you’re gonna play RW and Mason’s just better on his than Martial and Rashford are.

Yeah that’s his in for first team football at the moment think Martial has that striker spot locked in. That said, Greenwood looked a natural out wide in pre season he’s just that complete a football player. Bring James on as impact late in the game to help get a winner and start Greenwood out wide.
  • Low Ki
    11746 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 24
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over not getting Maddison. Sancho is a different story though.
  • TakeItSlow
    Comparing Sancho to greenwood after Greenwood has had about 15 minutes of league football?

Never change.
  • Teh Zombz
    3748 posts National Call-Up
    2-1, think we'll be leading comfortably 2-0 for the majority of the game and palace will get a late goal leading to a nervous **** show for the last few minutes
  • TakeItSlow
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Comparing Sancho to greenwood after Greenwood has had about 15 minutes of league football?

Never change.

Stay in the Iwobi train carriage mate.

I actually think Greenwood is your most talented forward behind Martial. But Sancho’s next level.
  • El_Nino
    2944 posts Fans' Favourite
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    2-1, think we'll be leading comfortably 2-0 for the majority of the game and palace will get a late goal leading to a nervous **** show for the last few minutes

2-1 with a Martial Brace would be an FPL dream
  • Keano

Pogba - _____ - Gomes
    De Gea

Jimmy Garner says hello :tongue:

Potentially, have to see how he does when he gets chances this season.

Pogba - _____ - Gomes
    De Gea

It was between Martial/Greenwood tbf, either way they'll interchange so it'll be fine.

I'll take a good 3-0 with Martial getting a goal or two & Maguire/AWB getting a goal or assist each.... but overall as long as we win & play good i'll be happy.