Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    5066 posts Big Money Move
    Nah, I am so close to giving up on Keita. I bigged him up so much to my United supporting friend irl and since then it's been injury after injury after injury. It almost feels like we never even signed him.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Sooner he gets back the better

Not trolling here but has he even had a good game for you!? Don’t remember him ever having a stand out game.
  • Wyojasond
    11571 posts Has That Special Something
    Couchy wrote: »

Not trolling here but has he even had a good game for you!? Don’t remember him ever having a stand out game.

He really came on late last year. Think he had like 3-5 goals in a 5 game stretch for us before he got injured against Barca and him going out changed that whole game for us. The talent is there.....just need to see if the body can hold up.
  • SDoofus

Definitely. He was brilliant against Burnley away, IIRC. I think he was great against Bournemouth at home too, I remember a really nice "hockey" assist with the outside of his boot. He always looks really good to me when he plays, tbh, but he just can't stop getting injured.
  • Pxul_
    7904 posts League Winner

He had a few really good games at the end of last season. He was really coming into his own. In the games against Huddersfield and Southampton he played great and showed ya why we spent the money to bring him in. Sadly injuries have ruined this.
  • Elpistolero91
    739 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Keitas shown flashes of brilliance every time he's played for us. He's exactly what we're missing right now, he just glides past people effortlessly. Ran circles around verratti at anfield.
  • SDoofus
    Keitas shown flashes of brilliance every time he's played for us. He's exactly what we're missing right now, he just glides past people effortlessly. Ran circles around verratti at anfield.

What? :D
  • Pxul_
    7904 posts League Winner
    Who wants to tell him that he didn’t play at anfield?
  • Elpistolero91
    Or was it away? Idk maybe not ran circles around him but I do recall him doing verratti dirty at some point B)
  • SDoofus
    Who wants to tell him that he didn’t play at anfield?

:D

Keita was an unused sub and Veratti didn't travel.
  • Wyojasond
    Or was it away? Idk maybe not ran circles around him but I do recall him doing verratti dirty at some point B)

Came on as a sub in the loss against them, but I dont remember anyone having a good game that day 🤷‍♂️
  • Pxul_
    7904 posts League Winner
    Ah TB to when everyone thought @Elpistolero91 was a dupe of doofus😂
  • Elpistolero91

Came on as a sub in the loss against them, but I dont remember anyone having a good game that day 🤷‍♂️

Ok let me just imagine he did then :D :D

Point is he's a good player.
  • Elpistolero91

SDoofus wrote: »

I am not a dupe of @SDoofus, ffs.

Edit: Wrong account.

😂 the Utd lads heads we're gone, thought we were the same person. I've toned the trolling down now tho tbf, don't fancy another 2 month ban.
  • Wyojasond

Ok let me just imagine he did then :D :D

Point is he's a good player.

😂😂 yeah we can all agree on that. I knew as soon as he went to AFCON this was gonna happen though.

Only 24, so still has a chance to bounce back, but yeah I think we all know it’s not looking great for him
  • SDoofus
    edited August 23

I am not a dupe of @SDoofus, ffs.

Edit: Wrong account.

😂 the Utd lads heads we're gone, thought we were the same person. I've toned the trolling down now tho tbf, don't fancy another 2 month ban.

:D Same. Can't believe I missed being here for the best part of the season.
  • Wyojasond
    😂 he needs to start hitting them like that in games instead of trying to place everything. Guy has had so many good looks get blocked the last few games because he doesn’t put his boot through the ball.

• Wyojasond
    Van Dijk saying in an interview Firmino is the best player he’s ever played with.

Saw VVD is set to get a big pay raise soon too. About to sign a new contract that will double his wages to 250k a week. 😎
  • Mike
    10004 posts Has That Special Something
    Van Dijk saying in an interview Firmino is the best player he’s ever played with.
    Low bar
  • Pugzilla
    16079 posts World Class
    edited August 24
    Happy with that lineup probably our strongest.

Edit: Bar Ali
  • Pxul_
    7904 posts League Winner
    Ox > Hendo and I’d agree
  • Pugzilla
    16079 posts World Class
    Ox > Hendo and I’d agree

Reverse jinx, Hendo masterclass inbound.
  • Wyojasond
    Hendo has earned his spot with the more attacking role I’d say. Brings that energy and toughness we need.

Now he just needs to learn to put his boot through the chances he gets 😂
  • Pietu
    2141 posts Fans' Favourite
    Need a big game from Salah and TAA!
  • SDoofus
    Nervous, ngl.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17286 posts World Class
    Nervous, ngl.

Man up