PES - Is there a free demo/trial available?

SSgtBlunder
948 posts Professional
As i think I've reached the end of the road with FUT, I'm considering giving PES a go this year.

However, before I fork out 50/60 quid, is there a free demo that can be downloaded so I can try before I buy?

For me, game play (specifically no input delay) > licences

Comments

• Waldog94
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    You can download pes 20 online for free i did it other day to be honest i cant say i enjoyed it though
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Is that on PS4?
  • Chavez76
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Waldog94 wrote: »
    You can download pes 20 online for free i did it other day to be honest i cant say i enjoyed it though

game is not even out yet mate.. you can download the demo though.
  • Waldog94
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    Was on xbox and yeah i meant the demo my mistake
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Thanks. Found it on PS4, downloading it now.

I really don't mind if the gameplay is different/more difficult. I don't care about lack of licences. When I switch my PS4 on because I fancy playing a game of football, I want consistency, decent gameplay and not to be shafted because I have a 100mbps wired internet connection.

Tried two games of FUT last night, quit out of both as they were unplayable (input delay). Booted up Battlefield (another EA game), could see I have minimal ping to their servers and spent the evening hitting moving targets with a sniper rifle.....

But of course, the delay on FUT is my internet.....
  • Safehands84
    3512 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks. Found it on PS4, downloading it now.

I really don't mind if the gameplay is different/more difficult. I don't care about lack of licences. When I switch my PS4 on because I fancy playing a game of football, I want consistency, decent gameplay and not to be shafted because I have a 100mbps wired internet connection.

Tried two games of FUT last night, quit out of both as they were unplayable (input delay). Booted up Battlefield (another EA game), could see I have minimal ping to their servers and spent the evening hitting moving targets with a sniper rifle.....

But of course, the delay on FUT is my internet.....

If your on ps4, licence are not an issue. I had both this year, gameplay I found better on pes but it lacked the depth of fut. I stopped playing pes around November main reason being it could 5-10 minutes to find a game as I'm UK and tend to play late at night, where as fifa instant.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Well, it's different....but not in a bad way.

Played 3, won 2, lost 1. While it does lack the zip/pace that FUT has, there was no delay, players switched when I wanted, no kick off goals etc. More of a football sim than an arcade game.

Tbh, I'm pleasantly surprised. Have no idea how their equivalent to FUT works (is there a WL, packs etc) but I think I'll give PES a go this year.

I missed using Dzyuba this year so looking forward to scoring a few with him again!

(Plus eventually getting Arshavin and Batistuta)
  • Safehands84
    3512 posts National Call-Up
    Well, it's different....but not in a bad way.

Played 3, won 2, lost 1. While it does lack the zip/pace that FUT has, there was no delay, players switched when I wanted, no kick off goals etc. More of a football sim than an arcade game.

Tbh, I'm pleasantly surprised. Have no idea how their equivalent to FUT works (is there a WL, packs etc) but I think I'll give PES a go this year.

I missed using Dzyuba this year so looking forward to scoring a few with him again!

(Plus eventually getting Arshavin and Batistuta)

Not sure what changes they made but their version is called my club, there was no auction house, you acquire players.through agents, you can buy these with your coins off the auction house and also acquire 1 after ever game (you cant sell your own)or through cups and things like that. You can combine up to 3 which narrows down the players you can spin. Some guaranteed a certain player with the right combinations.. can be things like left footed ,.RW, real Madrid would get Bale for example.

I've no idea if they made changes though, I getting fifa again because of the time I play getting games is difficult so not looked as bought it last 3 years and ended up sticking with fifa
  • RadioShaq
    15087 posts Moderator
    Please use the off topic section for off topic posts. There is already a few pes threads you can join in there.
This discussion has been closed.