Manchester United Football Club

Comments

  • Tropicaz XBL
    4322 posts National Call-Up
    Couchy wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    "Match data recorded by Opta shows that McTominay has topped United’s distance charts in both of the matches. He covered more ground than any Chelsea player at Old Trafford, and only Ruben Neves and Leander Dendoncker registered greater distances at Molineux." -Man Utd Official Site

    McTominay <3

    He was also horrendous with the ball. I think he’s obviously the best you have there, but to me he’s a 11th-6th sort of player or a top 6 squad player.

    Don't agree at all that he was horrendous with the ball. Did the simple stuff right and that's his role, not pinging 50 yard diagonal balls. He's there to clean up when Pogba goes forward and he did that fine. I'm quite happy with him.

    Have you seen Pepe!?

    I do not understand why you actively just look to bait and troll when we aren’t talking about a certain player you mention.

    Involve yourself within the current conversation or don’t say anything unless it’s constructive.

    As Ahmer states, he’s there to do the dog work which he has done very well so far. Few misplaced passes but no one is expecting Xavi.

    And as I said, I’d be far more worried about how Pepe is going to fit in for you than McT for us.

    You didn’t say that. You said “have you seen Pepe?!”

    That’s very odd because Pepe fits in perfectly on our right hand side. So not sure why that would be a worry.

    You said McT was horrendous with the ball. All I’ve seen Pepe do is give the ball away and get bullied off it.

    Completed 4/6 take ons, created 2 chances, had 85% pass completion for a wide creative player and was dispossessed once in his second appearance in English football. Think you should focus on Lingard/James' ability as your creative outlets rather than criticising Pepe :D



    Any ideas what he’s doing here after Tarko bullies him?

    Very strange agenda if you're going to judge him on one dispossession in his 30th minute in English football :D I reckon Ronaldo/Salah/Hazard lost the ball once or twice in their first few outings upon joining their clubs

    Nothing to do with him losing the ball, it’s what he does after.

    Actually curious what he was doing, looks like he spotted his mum in the crowd.

    Jesse Lingard/Dan James esque final decision in that moment tbf, am sure he'll improve as he gets more appearances

    Here one for you.

    I bet you Dan James has a better goal contribution per minute than Pepe this year.

    Enjoy it whilst it lasts :D

    Adam Johnson has a better goal contribution since he's been in prison than JLingz I'd imagine

    No, I’m betting that at the end of the season he will have a better goal contribution per minute than Pepe.
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    "Match data recorded by Opta shows that McTominay has topped United’s distance charts in both of the matches. He covered more ground than any Chelsea player at Old Trafford, and only Ruben Neves and Leander Dendoncker registered greater distances at Molineux." -Man Utd Official Site

    McTominay <3

    He was also horrendous with the ball. I think he’s obviously the best you have there, but to me he’s a 11th-6th sort of player or a top 6 squad player.

    Don't agree at all that he was horrendous with the ball. Did the simple stuff right and that's his role, not pinging 50 yard diagonal balls. He's there to clean up when Pogba goes forward and he did that fine. I'm quite happy with him.

    Have you seen Pepe!?

    I do not understand why you actively just look to bait and troll when we aren’t talking about a certain player you mention.

    Involve yourself within the current conversation or don’t say anything unless it’s constructive.

    As Ahmer states, he’s there to do the dog work which he has done very well so far. Few misplaced passes but no one is expecting Xavi.

    And as I said, I’d be far more worried about how Pepe is going to fit in for you than McT for us.

    You didn’t say that. You said “have you seen Pepe?!”

    That’s very odd because Pepe fits in perfectly on our right hand side. So not sure why that would be a worry.

    You said McT was horrendous with the ball. All I’ve seen Pepe do is give the ball away and get bullied off it.

    Completed 4/6 take ons, created 2 chances, had 85% pass completion for a wide creative player and was dispossessed once in his second appearance in English football. Think you should focus on Lingard/James' ability as your creative outlets rather than criticising Pepe :D



    Any ideas what he’s doing here after Tarko bullies him?

    Very strange agenda if you're going to judge him on one dispossession in his 30th minute in English football :D I reckon Ronaldo/Salah/Hazard lost the ball once or twice in their first few outings upon joining their clubs

    Nothing to do with him losing the ball, it’s what he does after.

    Actually curious what he was doing, looks like he spotted his mum in the crowd.

    Jesse Lingard/Dan James esque final decision in that moment tbf, am sure he'll improve as he gets more appearances

    Here one for you.

    I bet you Dan James has a better goal contribution per minute than Pepe this year.

    Bet us what though? Ava selection of our choice when you inevitably fail.

    You think this is an even odds proposition?

    You pulling my leg
  • Wyojasond
    11636 posts Has That Special Something
    Really wanted to post the Beerfest gif, but don’t feel like getting banned....

    So in the famous last words of Spectator #1....”take the bet you ******* *****” 😂😂😂
  • forearms
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    Sellish wrote: »
    I'm suprised how well behaved SDoofus is after his come back. Good to see.

    I'm actually agreeing with some things hes posting! Hes being very rational regardless of anyone's opinion. Man, how times have changed 😂
  • SDoofus
    5151 posts Big Money Move
    Nice to see Arsenal fans coming back to life.
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner


    Mata's comment is class :joy:
    "My run over the ball was key and you know it"
  • Ahmer50x
    18307 posts World Class
    “Anthony Martial could become only the fourth United player to score in our opening three Premier League games in a season, after Dwight Yorke in 1999-00, Ruud van Nistelrooy in 2005-06 and Wayne Rooney in 2011-12.”

    Those seasons ended in 29,24, and 34 goals in all comps respectively. Let’s hope Tony gets the milestone and then the corresponding season.
  • El_Nino
    3233 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    “Anthony Martial could become only the fourth United player to score in our opening three Premier League games in a season, after Dwight Yorke in 1999-00, Ruud van Nistelrooy in 2005-06 and Wayne Rooney in 2011-12.”

    Those seasons ended in 29,24, and 34 goals in all comps respectively. Let’s hope Tony gets the milestone and then the corresponding season.

    The milestone possibly, the corresponding number, probably not 😂
  • Apollo
    15088 posts World Class
    edited August 23
    Man utd wrote:
    Speaking to MUTV before his pre-match press conference, Ole said: “Diogo is injured, he'll be out for a little while, hopefully he'll be back for [the games] after the international break.

    ”He's had that problem for a couple of weeks. But that's it. [The squad is] more or less the same.“

    Dalot out for a bit sadly
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »
    Man utd wrote:
    Speaking to MUTV before his pre-match press conference, Ole said: “Diogo is injured, he'll be out for a little while, hopefully he'll be back for [the games] after the international break.

    ”He's had that problem for a couple of weeks. But that's it. [The squad is] more or less the same.“

    Dalot out for a bit sadly

    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aa9982d671bf1f85b9299459aba11ef44fddbf510&rid=giphy.gif

    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a21f72a6bee2f7d57d43dd9361839f3cd49e3a87c&rid=giphy.gif
  • Tornado31619
    17072 posts World Class
    Just need to pray that AWB stays fit then.
  • Ahmer50x
    18307 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    Man utd wrote:
    Speaking to MUTV before his pre-match press conference, Ole said: “Diogo is injured, he'll be out for a little while, hopefully he'll be back for [the games] after the international break.

    ”He's had that problem for a couple of weeks. But that's it. [The squad is] more or less the same.“

    Dalot out for a bit sadly

    Hopefully the fact that he’s had it for a couple of weeks means that’s why Young’s been on the bench.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Man utd wrote:
    Speaking to MUTV before his pre-match press conference, Ole said: “Diogo is injured, he'll be out for a little while, hopefully he'll be back for [the games] after the international break.

    ”He's had that problem for a couple of weeks. But that's it. [The squad is] more or less the same.“

    Dalot out for a bit sadly

    Hopefully the fact that he’s had it for a couple of weeks means that’s why Young’s been on the bench.

    Pretty sure he picked up the injury starting that behind closed doors friendly.
  • Apollo
    15088 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Man utd wrote:
    Speaking to MUTV before his pre-match press conference, Ole said: “Diogo is injured, he'll be out for a little while, hopefully he'll be back for [the games] after the international break.

    ”He's had that problem for a couple of weeks. But that's it. [The squad is] more or less the same.“

    Dalot out for a bit sadly

    Hopefully the fact that he’s had it for a couple of weeks means that’s why Young’s been on the bench.

    Yeah I thought that myself, hopefully it is the case, but I guess we won't know until he's fully fit again and we see who Ole puts on the bench.

    @forearms Think it was you who pointed it out about Dalot during a matchday so you should be interested to know he's apparently had this knock for a couple of weeks
  • Ahmer50x
    18307 posts World Class
    Predictions? I’m going 4-0 United. Expecting a big win.
  • Apollo
    15088 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Predictions? I’m going 4-0 United. Expecting a big win.

    Me too. 3 or 4-0 United imo.
  • Apollo
    15088 posts World Class
    edited August 23


    Sounds like he's as ****** off about Lukaku's actions and comments as most of us in here, just is being professional and won't publicly say it
  • Tornado31619
    17072 posts World Class
    Martial to score four goals with AWB assisting all four :trollface:
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    Couchy wrote: »

    Why not Martial?
    He is the best pen taker we got imo.
  • Low Ki
    11789 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »


    Sounds like he's as ****** off about Lukaku's actions and comments as most of us in here, just is being professional and won't publicly say it

    He did that interview while he was a United player? So he threw shade at then 3-4 current teammates....
  • SDoofus
    5151 posts Big Money Move
    Zaha vs AWB should be fun to watch.
  • Tornado31619
    17072 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Zaha vs AWB should be fun to watch.

    It could be from a psychological perspective, but on the field, I can see this being conclusive pretty early on. Zaha is a vastly overrated player, but in his defence, that’s likely due to Palace’s ridiculous valuation of him coupled with Arsenal and Everton’s desperation for a winger.

    AWB did more in his one full season with Palace than Zaha ever has with them. He’s obviously saved them from relegation multiple times, but isn’t his record PL goal tally 11? For a striker, that’s pathetic.
  • Elpistolero91
    739 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Why are people still triggered over lukaku lol he doesn't even play for you anymore. Forget about him.
  • SDoofus
    5151 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Zaha vs AWB should be fun to watch.

    It could be from a psychological perspective, but on the field, I can see this being conclusive pretty early on. Zaha is a vastly overrated player, but in his defence, that’s likely due to Palace’s ridiculous valuation of him coupled with Arsenal and Everton’s desperation for a winger.

    AWB did more in his one full season with Palace than Zaha ever has with them. He’s obviously saved them from relegation multiple times, but isn’t his record PL goal tally 11? For a striker, that’s pathetic.

    I was thinking more about his ability to beat his man. Isn't he one of the best in the League, statistically, for number of successful dribbles per game? Whereas AWB is the hardest fullback to dribble past. That little battle will be interesting to observe.
  • Kellnerr
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    Since he was being discussed in summer - Lozano's move to Napoli is official, 38M€ that could rise to 42M.
  • AEsey
    5999 posts Big Money Move
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Since he was being discussed in summer - Lozano's move to Napoli is official, 38M€ that could rise to 42M.

    Yeah we needed a player like Lozano imo
    Good deal for napoli however
  • AEsey
    5999 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 23
    Double post smh
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    Why are people still triggered over lukaku lol he doesn't even play for you anymore. Forget about him.

    You lot talk more about Coutinho still then your own players.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Zaha vs AWB should be fun to watch.

    It could be from a psychological perspective, but on the field, I can see this being conclusive pretty early on. Zaha is a vastly overrated player, but in his defence, that’s likely due to Palace’s ridiculous valuation of him coupled with Arsenal and Everton’s desperation for a winger.

    AWB did more in his one full season with Palace than Zaha ever has with them. He’s obviously saved them from relegation multiple times, but isn’t his record PL goal tally 11? For a striker, that’s pathetic.

    I was thinking more about his ability to beat his man. Isn't he one of the best in the League, statistically, for number of successful dribbles per game? Whereas AWB is the hardest fullback to dribble past. That little battle will be interesting to observe.

    Will be just like it used to be in training. Apparently Zaha got very frustrated when AWB started training with the firsts as he couldn’t get past him.
  • Elpistolero91
    739 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sellish wrote: »
    Why are people still triggered over lukaku lol he doesn't even play for you anymore. Forget about him.

    You lot talk more about Coutinho still then your own players.

    Not me.
Sign In or Register to comment.