high speed ping-pong is back?

Comments

  • Finesse_4days
    7200 posts Big Money Move
    I‘m literally shocked - we almost had it. Then they ruined it with that stupid pacey patch to please the cry babies! It’s absolutely disgusting!

    Then separate all online game modes in two. One for arcade players that need assists and super fast gameplay speed. And one for simulation players that doesn’t need assists or 300 Mph gameplay speed.

    I want the beautiful game of football to by fully immersive and 100% authentic!

    Seriously EA! Your FIFA franchise can’t take another year of ping pong passing and frantic gameplay speeds. People are leaving the game. It’s make or brake now. Last chance!

    Most people will prefer that to slow gameplay, it wasn't even that fast for FFS. How would you actually score many goals with slow gameplay+ nerfed crossing and skills+ better tackling ?You cant have a simulation that is a 6minute half becuase then it would be easy to score a **** goal and then keep the ball for about 30 minutes in game time, Fut champs would be full of people doing that if it was like real football.
  • Finesse_4days
    7200 posts Big Money Move
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    I‘m literally shocked - we almost had it. Then they ruined it with that stupid pacey patch to please the cry babies! It’s absolutely disgusting!

    Then separate all online game modes in two. One for arcade players that need assists and super fast gameplay speed. And one for simulation players that doesn’t need assists or 300 Mph gameplay speed.

    I want the beautiful game of football to by fully immersive and 100% authentic!

    Seriously EA! Your FIFA franchise can’t take another year of ping pong passing and frantic gameplay speeds. People are leaving the game. It’s make or brake now. Last chance!

    Most people will prefer that to slow gameplay, it wasn't even that fast for FFS. How would you actually score many goals with slow gameplay+ nerfed crossing and skills+ better tackling ?You cant have a simulation that is a 6minute half becuase then it would be easy to score a **** goal and then keep the ball for about 30 minutes in game time, Fut champs would be full of people doing that if it was like real football.

    slow gameplay doesn't' mean that players will be able to keep the ball for long.
    in addition to slower gameplay. a lot of stuff need to be changed:

    1) Passing assistant should be nerfed so people won't spam ping pong one dimensional passes.
    2) tackling should be improved.

    fast gamepley means brainless attacks and ping pong fest. no one want another FIFA 19

    Fifa 19 was slow though
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    looks great to me, but I find Fifa 19 far too slow and Fifa 15 which was pretty fast was my favourite, play Pes if you want a simulation . Slow gameplay is ****, by the time it takes to make a pass and then control the ball on the ball on slow gameplay the defence has already had an age to reshape and reposition.
    With skills and exploits like flick up crosses nerfed , in slow gameplay with better tackling and much better jockeying how would you actually score many goals in 2 6minute halfs? Each game would be a 1 or 2 -0 bore fest.

    @Finesse_4days

    All these things you point out is EXACTLY what is wrong with the attitude of fifa players like you.
    The attitude that ruins fifa gameplay...
    You would rather skip the trapping animation, when your players receives the ball, just to make the gameplay go faster. You obviously don’t care about football, and the authentic experience, as long as you can exploit game mechanics to win.

    Calling gameplay slow in FIFA 19 tells everything about you and your need for exploits. You need that pacey gameplay to hide your missing football vision, and tactical awareness as a fifa player.

    You talk about nerfed flick up crosses and cry about you can’t score in FIFA 20 because of such broken mechanics being removed. It’s pathetic.

    I’m all in for quick responsive controls, and I can live with your arcadey high paced gameplay as long as the passing assists, and shooting assists is as manual as the defending controls.

    That would make it impossible for ping pong passers that exploit broken first time shots in a 180 degree blind angle.
    Like I said before I like the slower gameplay speed because it looks and feels more authentic, but the main reason is because I want the ping pong passers to be punished.
  • Fifavieuxjeux
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 22
    Il est aussi horrible que le 19. La stupidité de IA dans le jeux est une horreur. Placement aléatoire, réaction stupide, contrôle hasardeux et j'en passe. Ça tire plus de l'arcade game, du genre side kick, virtua striker pour les puristes.
    Comme tt les autres fifa je vais attendre la promo à 30€.
  • Topperz14
    46 posts Park Captain
    Watch Kurts video or inceptionxxx review of his video goes into more detail and how ea r approaching there complaints etc which looks good for once kurt is happy with the game just a few things he points out that inception agrees and has been in contact with EA which they are going to implement so here’s being hopeful
  • Finesse_4days
    7200 posts Big Money Move
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    I‘m literally shocked - we almost had it. Then they ruined it with that stupid pacey patch to please the cry babies! It’s absolutely disgusting!

    Then separate all online game modes in two. One for arcade players that need assists and super fast gameplay speed. And one for simulation players that doesn’t need assists or 300 Mph gameplay speed.

    I want the beautiful game of football to by fully immersive and 100% authentic!

    Seriously EA! Your FIFA franchise can’t take another year of ping pong passing and frantic gameplay speeds. People are leaving the game. It’s make or brake now. Last chance!

    Most people will prefer that to slow gameplay, it wasn't even that fast for FFS. How would you actually score many goals with slow gameplay+ nerfed crossing and skills+ better tackling ?You cant have a simulation that is a 6minute half becuase then it would be easy to score a **** goal and then keep the ball for about 30 minutes in game time, Fut champs would be full of people doing that if it was like real football.

    slow gameplay doesn't' mean that players will be able to keep the ball for long.
    in addition to slower gameplay. a lot of stuff need to be changed:

    1) Passing assistant should be nerfed so people won't spam ping pong one dimensional passes.
    2) tackling should be improved.

    fast gamepley means brainless attacks and ping pong fest. no one want another FIFA 19

    Fifa 19 was slow though

    are you serious ?

    100% I could make 4 passes in my head in the time it takes to make 1 at times.
  • Finesse_4days
    7200 posts Big Money Move
    looks great to me, but I find Fifa 19 far too slow and Fifa 15 which was pretty fast was my favourite, play Pes if you want a simulation . Slow gameplay is ****, by the time it takes to make a pass and then control the ball on the ball on slow gameplay the defence has already had an age to reshape and reposition.
    With skills and exploits like flick up crosses nerfed , in slow gameplay with better tackling and much better jockeying how would you actually score many goals in 2 6minute halfs? Each game would be a 1 or 2 -0 bore fest.

    Oh, you mean like REAL FOOTBALL? You're one of those that want to run up and down the pitch as fast as you can and have a final score of like 10-9. That's total garbage. The game is too fast!

    Nah, but if you play someone bad you should be able to win by 6 or 7 goals or at least score 4 as a bare minimum , 1 or 2 goal wins are fine against someone very similar ability wise but I envisage in slow gameplay with no OP skills or crossing(I'm fine with that I would happily see tornadoes and La croqueta removed from the game even though I use them every game) I would play a crap player and struggle to score many ,and against equal players games may be decided by RNG like rebounds and corners instead of good play.
  • Finesse_4days
    7200 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 22
    looks great to me, but I find Fifa 19 far too slow and Fifa 15 which was pretty fast was my favourite, play Pes if you want a simulation . Slow gameplay is ****, by the time it takes to make a pass and then control the ball on the ball on slow gameplay the defence has already had an age to reshape and reposition.
    With skills and exploits like flick up crosses nerfed , in slow gameplay with better tackling and much better jockeying how would you actually score many goals in 2 6minute halfs? Each game would be a 1 or 2 -0 bore fest.

    Oh, you mean like REAL FOOTBALL? You're one of those that want to run up and down the pitch as fast as you can and have a final score of like 10-9. That's total garbage. The game is too fast!

    Not 10-9 as that is pure aids but I don't mind a good 4-3 or 5-4 win, gameplay is slow, back in the old days you had to properly concentrate for every second becuase it was so end to end on Fifa 19 Mbappe TOTY can't outpace an 80 pace CB with a yard head start with the ball which is just plain unrealistic , and driven passes are very crap. I miss the good old days where I scored 13 goals with Ibarbo in one match and played Doumbia GK and skilled down the whole pitch before scoring.
  • jiajia3
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The fact is EA don’t understand football at all
  • MDR123456
    44 posts Park Captain

    Pablofsi08 wrote: »
    The pace looks fine except maybe on receptions where they are a little too quick for such strong passes, and of course passes should be more manual, less automatic and you should need to get close to the right direction at least in order for your players to receive the ball (when it's outside of your area). What is more worrying is that:

    1. Defenders still have too big of a hitbox and it's still too hard to get past them on a 1v1 without too much space
    2. Headers are still too powerful. Can you please EA fix that already?
    3. I haven't really seen an indication of manual defending giving you some kind of buff to your defense. Like, I've seen overpowered and precise tackles like in Fifa 19 when you are in a straight line with the attacker but I haven't seen a buff or a difference on turning speed for example comparing manual vs automatic. There should be clear differences and defenders should be slower to change directions when automatic.

    Besides that I liked that CMs and defenders seem to be keeping defensive positions better especially CMs who rarely ever went back to cover spaces on the defense, their positional defensive AI has improved a lot, I like that.

    That’s completely untrue. On almost ever point. iI’m not sure what you were playing or what “discussions” you were having.
  • Redzed71
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    And this is regular seasons,,UT will only be faster,the beta was perfect,more build up,not this ping pong 180 degree passing borefest.
    And to the geezer above,,I was scoring 4 or 5 goals regularly in the pre patch beta,just by using your brain to get in good positions to score.
    Slower gameplay does not mean borefest,it means use that brain u have to create goalscoring chances,not just hoof straight from park the bus defence to attack in 2 passes,which is what FIFA 20 will ultimately be.
    Shame,the original beta looked so promising.
    Everyone has different opinions on how they want the game,but if they started from the original beta,it would be a good platform to start from,and then just tweak here and there.
    What we don't want is a ice hockey game from the start,which will only get faster with the player upgrades during the year.
  • Purplejacket
    2488 posts Fans' Favourite
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    Players who want fast gameplay! You like fast pace because you are absolutely not aiming! You just press a button and the computer aims instead of you! I would like to see how you will manage to aim on manual control or semi-auto!)) You are helpless without the help of a computer! You aim at the corner flag, but the ball flies into the goal and you score a goal! You aim for the out - but the computer directs the ball exactly to your partner! You call that football?If I want a fast pace, dynamics - I play hockey! Asking for fast gameplay in football is the same nonsense if asking hockey to make slow!I'm amazed at the developers and advisors! They've been seeing our arguments for years! But why do they make the game just for people who want stupid and not real football? Separate us then! Make those and other players happy! You have no ideas of your own? Let's figure this out! But watching our arguments and ignoring them is a shame!

    Not true, timing the pass, body positioning etc is important when stringing quick passes together, thats what counter attacking football is. And yes the aiming is towards the open area, correct power, all done fast. Mostly effective to get the ball from midfield to the wings and 1-2 with the attackers.
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    Players who want fast gameplay! You like fast pace because you are absolutely not aiming! You just press a button and the computer aims instead of you! I would like to see how you will manage to aim on manual control or semi-auto!)) You are helpless without the help of a computer! You aim at the corner flag, but the ball flies into the goal and you score a goal! You aim for the out - but the computer directs the ball exactly to your partner! You call that football?If I want a fast pace, dynamics - I play hockey! Asking for fast gameplay in football is the same nonsense if asking hockey to make slow!I'm amazed at the developers and advisors! They've been seeing our arguments for years! But why do they make the game just for people who want stupid and not real football? Separate us then! Make those and other players happy! You have no ideas of your own? Let's figure this out! But watching our arguments and ignoring them is a shame!

    Hum, I always aim manually and I am sure I can do the passing as quickly as in Fifa 19, but yes, aiming should be way more manual.
  • Invincibility
    3827 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 23
    Volta = a classical pinball machine

    PONG 2020
  • bberger
    5164 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 23
    looks great to me, but I find Fifa 19 far too slow and Fifa 15 which was pretty fast was my favourite, play Pes if you want a simulation . Slow gameplay is ****, by the time it takes to make a pass and then control the ball on the ball on slow gameplay the defence has already had an age to reshape and reposition.
    With skills and exploits like flick up crosses nerfed , in slow gameplay with better tackling and much better jockeying how would you actually score many goals in 2 6minute halfs? Each game would be a 1 or 2 -0 bore fest.

    You are confusing unresponsive, sluggish, delayed slow gameplay caused by dreadful netcode and gameplay issues with actual, slow, fluid gameplay if the game were responsive..
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 23
    ^^
    THIS THIS THIS!

    Spot on, mate!

    The fact that we are playing a football game. More important skills as a fifa player should be: Tactical awareness, Vision/Composure, and basic football knowledge, then reactions.

    Because all those people that today rely their game on fast reactions, (which normally means frantic ping pong passing followed by a blind first time shot) is literally just assisted into thinking they are good at the game. Take the passing/shooting assists away from them, and they don’t know how to score. Why?

    Because FIFA has been learning humans to play unrealistic ping pong ball for more than a decade.
    And now they think that’s how football works...

    Another thing that people gets confused about is when I say I love slow gameplay, because of the authentic/realistic football experience. It doesn’t mean I like lag or unresponsive player movements.
    Or the fact that Chris Smalling is faster than Mané most of the time. I don’t like it. Who does?

    Remove the assists in attack (passing/shooting) and let the defending be manual as now. Keep the gameplay speed at normal and lets play some good football.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 23
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    cdbuck26 wrote: »
    Wow read some genuinely good points just scrolling through this.

    First of all, the manual defending vs assisted attacking has totally been brought to the extreme, creating these high scoring games that don't simulate real football. I find many goals are not because the attacker thought faster than the defending player, but the defensive mechanics are so much slower that it is impossible to react to the high-speed attacking play that requires little anticipation or thought.

    The fact is that the game would be so much more realistic if the gameplay was shifted to be more manual. There would be real skill gaps and the best players would be those who can think in depth at a high speed while maintaining accuracy.

    For those that believe a "slower game" would be more boring, how can you confidently stand by your claim as a football fan. Fifa 19 was no accurate representation of real football.

    In regard to manual defending, yes, I believe for example, this little mandatory delay you have before you can switch to the 2nd next defender using the right stick that is in the game for some twisted reason to allow attackers to have a cleaner pass to shoot more often (mostly casuals who just first time pass without much thought) needs to be removed asap. It breaks the defensive potential more seasoned players would have, allowing people with less structured notion of building an offensive play to find an opening. It's clearly there to put a stone on your shoe just so that casuals can shoot more often and that shows on the results and people complaining so much that the opponent is inferior in vision but still manages to score more goals sometimes.

    Now talking about the speed of the game, you cannot have only a slow or medium speed build-up with passes, you need all kinds of passes and speeds to have a deeper gameplay. One where you can surprise as well as switch to slow building with more composed positioning to hit the next pass. I don't agree with this notion that passes should be made slower so people can switch quick enough to defenders to intercept the ball. The speed at which you can switch to other defenders needs to be increased and have not have that forced delay limitation in between. You have to correct what's wrong and not create more impossibilities to solve design flaws.
  • Pablofsi08
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 23
    ^^
    THIS THIS THIS!

    Spot on, mate!

    The fact that we are playing a football game. More important skills as a fifa player should be: Tactical awareness, Vision/Composure, and basic football knowledge, then reactions.

    Because all those people that today rely their game on fast reactions, (which normally means frantic ping pong passing followed by a blind first time shot) is literally just assisted into thinking they are good at the game. Take the passing/shooting assists away from them, and they don’t know how to score. Why?

    Because FIFA has been learning humans to play unrealistic ping pong ball for more than a decade.
    And now they think that’s how football works...

    Another thing that people gets confused about is when I say I love slow gameplay, because of the authentic/realistic football experience. It doesn’t mean I like lag or unresponsive player movements.
    Or the fact that Chris Smalling is faster than Mané most of the time. I don’t like it. Who does?

    Remove the assists in attack (passing/shooting) and let the defending be manual as now. Keep the gameplay speed at normal and lets play some good football.

    1. But would you affect the potential of speed on the passing game structure? Fine you say you want assists removed but what if I can still pass the ball at the same speed by pointing in every direction way in advance. Would that solve the issue? no. The issue would be solved ONLY if YOU can manually select your defender which will be next to me in time to mark me or intercept the ball, or touch it at least, and if you can do it in time, and that is only achieved by improving the speed at which you can select your next defender. And AI positioning also needs to be improved (which I believe will happen on 20, but not in all situations we need that to happen).
    2. If you say you want to make this game have slower passes build-up I don't agree. Making fast passing impossible only dumbs the game down.
    3. Defending in 19 or 20 isn't manual enough anyway. On 20 you can still hold X + L2 + R2 and your Van Dijk will be impossible to beat up front (defender hitboxes are too big and effective right now).
  • Dunkirk
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    this thread pretty much sums up the general crowd that EA cater to. Stupid children who know nothing about the sport and just button mash, through ball to a 99 pace striker, la croqueta and drag themselves to death. Sad sad state of affairs.
  • BR1882
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I agree, when I played the beta the first time the gameplay was much slower and more realistic. Every AI player didn't do 1 touch pass with the precision of Messi and the control of Modric. Unfortunately that only lasted a day and then it was much faster with the patch. I hope this will not be the case in the final game. EA all the glitz and glam this game has will mean nothing if the game continues to be unrealistic.
  • RobRokk
    57 posts Park Captain
    The problem with a very fast paced game is that the kids dont learn the importance of utilising their players behind them and it just becomes a one way race to the opponents goal. In real fotball there are probably more passing backwards, shorter ones, than forwards towards the opponents goal... Possession and build-up is king, and short passing. Fifa should calm down a bit with all the overpowered skill moves aswell, also long passing and long crossing should be quite difficult to success. The more realistic the better and a single player shouldnt be able to win against a whole team, no matter individul skills. Fotball in its core is about team play, its not tennis or ping pong...
  • Ripsmokey78
    72 posts Park Captain
    It is still a computer game right ?
Sign In or Register to comment.