Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Liverpool have conceded 17 chances in the box in the opening two games.

City just 5, that speaks volumes as Liverpool have only played Norwich and Southampton.

If you continue with the high line against us Pepe and Auba will cause problems

Seen a lot of Arsenal fans seemingly getting giddy about Aubameyang and Pepe coming up against our defence, but the reality is, we have extremely fast defenders. For all the chances we've conceded in the PL this season, I don't really recall any of them being a result of a counter attack exploiting our high line...

Plus they seem to forget that Aubameyang and Pepe against Robertson, VVD, Matip/Gomez and TAA reads a lot less scary than Salah, Mane and Firmino against Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz and Monreal :D

They spent £72m on an Ivorian Welbeck. Cut them some slack.

You could have picked anyone, @Couchy ... leave Welbeck out of this ;)

The comparison is too perfect. He did some unbelievable things for United, Arsenal and England at times but ultimately useless.
  • Ahmer50x
    19067 posts World Class

City just 5, that speaks volumes as Liverpool have only played Norwich and Southampton.

Seen a lot of Arsenal fans seemingly getting giddy about Aubameyang and Pepe coming up against our defence, but the reality is, we have extremely fast defenders. For all the chances we've conceded in the PL this season, I don't really recall any of them being a result of a counter attack exploiting our high line...

Plus they seem to forget that Aubameyang and Pepe against Robertson, VVD, Matip/Gomez and TAA reads a lot less scary than Salah, Mane and Firmino against Maitland-Niles, Sokratis, Luiz and Monreal :D

The comparison is too perfect. He did some unbelievable things for United, Arsenal and England at times but ultimately useless.

I personally prefer Nouveau Gervinho
  • TakeItSlow
    7535 posts League Winner

He’s played 64 minutes of premier league football and already created more chances than any of Uniteds creative players.

Behave.
  • SDoofus
    5701 posts Big Money Move
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Please boys keep the Europa league level discussions in other threads this thread is to discuss the Champions of Europe.

:D
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

He’s played 64 minutes of premier league football and already created more chances than any of Uniteds creative players.

Behave.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a10df85654b69c9032db0c0d538dcd3fb350e68f3&rid=giphy.gif
  • tilen11
    5381 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 22
    Im not worried about Auba, Pepe, Laca etc. As long as Arsenal play with Luiz and Monreal, Im confident we'll score 5.
  • Wyojasond
    11968 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 22

There’s where all the transfer budget went too 😂

In all seriousness, that’s awesome. Getting Anfield to 60k+ would be huge, and continues to show FSGs commitment to growing the brand. Hope I’m lucky enough to make it over there one day for a game.
  • Pugzilla
    16408 posts World Class

There’s were all the transfer budget went too 😂

In all seriousness, that’s awesome. Getting Anfield to 60k+ would be huge, and continues to show FSGs commitment to growing the brand. Hope I’m lucky enough to make it over there one day for a game.

Anfield is on my bucket list as well. Always hear complaints about the Anfield road end so I’m sure the people with seats over there are very excited.

• TakeItSlow
    7535 posts League Winner
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Im not worried about Auba, Pepe, Laca etc. As long as Arsenal play with Luiz and Monreal, Im confident we'll score 5.

Famous last words.
  • tilen11
    edited August 22
    I’ll be going to Anfield for only the second time in February for the Southampton game. Can’t wait

Im going to City-Liverpool. We couldnt get any tickets for Anfield but should be great to watch in Manchester also.

This will be my 3rd time watching us live. I watched home/away vs Maribor (my home city), buddy of mine and me were the only ones with a full Lpool kit and were cheering everytime :D
    Same at Anfield but the group understood since we all know each other pretty well.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17800 posts World Class
    I’ll be going to Anfield for only the second time in February for the Southampton game. Can’t wait

Im going to City-Liverpool. We couldnt get any tickets for Anfield but should be great to watch in Manchester also.

This will be my 3rd time watching us live. I watched home/away vs Maribor (my home city), buddy of mine and me were the only ones with a full Lpool kit and were cheering everytime :D
    Same at Anfield but the group understood since we all know each other pretty well.

:D that’s crazy you’re from there. I’ve been once. In 2006 when we beat Fulham 4-0 but I was 8 so recollection ain’t so great. Seen them in Dublin 3 times (only times they’ve played there recently) vs Shamrock Rovers, Bilbao and Napoli.

Going with 5 mates who are all big fans.

Would love to try go to at least 1 a year as I’m from Northern Ireland so travel isn’t a big factor but it’s getting the tickets that’s impossible most games.
  • Apollo
    15682 posts World Class
    Has there been any talk yet of a rough return date for Alisson? Yes I'm asking for FPL :joy:
  • Wyojasond
    Has there been any talk yet of a rough return date for Alisson? Yes I'm asking for FPL :joy:

4-8 weeks is the best guess. If it’s anything like Gomez’s recovery timeline we’ll probably see him in March 🤦‍♂️😂
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

4-8 weeks is the best guess. If it’s anything like Gomez’s recovery timeline we’ll probably see him in March 🤦‍♂️😂

Find this a little suspect. You don’t usually see such a wide range given for the return.
  • Apollo
    15682 posts World Class

Still a while to go then :sweat_smile: Just planning for upcoming FPL gameweeks so thought I'd ask. Thanks
  • Wyojasond

Find this a little suspect. You don’t usually see such a wide range given for the return.

4-6 is probably the more likely scenario, but after Gomez last year, no harm in thinking it will be longer.

There really hasn’t been much talk, so again hard to say. I just tend to shoot for the longer prognosis because that’s been our luck with injuries.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    edited August 22

4-6 is probably the more likely scenario, but after Gomez last year, no harm in thinking it will be longer.

There really hasn’t been much talk, so again hard to say. I just tend to shoot for the longer prognosis because that’s been our luck with injuries.

Alisson spotted in a boot too. Not the usual procedure for a calf strain.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17800 posts World Class
    Salah in an interview (jokingly) has decided he’s not going to win the golden boot this year, Bobby is, and we will win the league. And then he will win his 3rd golden boot next season.
  • Pxul_
    8061 posts League Winner
    Sooner he gets back the better
  • LFC Simon 98
    17800 posts World Class
    He seemed positive about it. Was watching the press conference.
  • Ahmer50x
    19067 posts World Class
    Salah in an interview (jokingly) has decided he’s not going to win the golden boot this year, Bobby is, and we will win the league. And then he will win his 3rd golden boot next season.

Mane looking increasingly tempting for FPL if Salah wants to spread it around the family :lol:
  • tilen11

:D that’s crazy you’re from there. I’ve been once. In 2006 when we beat Fulham 4-0 but I was 8 so recollection ain’t so great. Seen them in Dublin 3 times (only times they’ve played there recently) vs Shamrock Rovers, Bilbao and Napoli.

Going with 5 mates who are all big fans.

Would love to try go to at least 1 a year as I’m from Northern Ireland so travel isn’t a big factor but it’s getting the tickets that’s impossible most games.

Being close to England saves you a bit of money but plane tickets are pretty cheap here aswell. 30-40€ for a return plane ticket isnt expensive by any means but getting tickets are a pain in the ****.

Our supporters club gets around 40-50 tickets every year for numerous games but its hard to get them since there are about 3000-3500k ppl in the "club" and every single one wants to go. Most ppl I know were fortunate enough to get tickets from locals for really cheap.
  • Wyojasond
    He seemed positive about it. Was watching the press conference.

That’s good. Really offers that something else our midfield needs. Still young and has plenty of time to bounce back, but man he’s got to shake this injury bug or is set to become such a huge bust for us 😢