Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Keano
    13426 posts Has That Special Something
    Couchy wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »
    forearms wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Imagine being upset that the “stars” of the side get critiqued when the team loses.

I think you are missing a word: unjustly

Sanchez - paid more than everyone & can't perform to 1/10th of what he did at Arsenal.

Pogba - flashes of brilliance & is class, but turns it on & off when it suits, but fair play to him for sticking around & facing it.

Lukaku - paid & bought for a big fee, can't even control a ball.

Imo the critique is fair, possibly a bit much on Pogba, but otherwise i'd say Lukaku & Sanchez are right to be, Pogba as well but some of it goes to far with him.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b67959a72a8a534515770d33e36731e58eb36f8d7&rid=giphy.gif

Give over will you, we won't agree on all this stuff, you love Pogba to bits & I'll critisize him if i feel he's done wrong or whatever... lets just move on now rather than taking up another 2 pages yeah? cheers.
  • Tornado31619
    17006 posts World Class
    Remember when we all wanted Bakayoko. We Dodged an FMJ bullet. :D

When did we all want Bakayoko?

Two summers ago? Though I recall Fabinho being just as desired back then.
  • wth22
    10019 posts Has That Special Something

Lukaku over Morata was a massive bullet dodged too, even though Lukaku himself wasn't quite the overwhelming success.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Imagine being upset that the “stars” of the side get critiqued when the team loses.

Sanchez - paid more than everyone & can't perform to 1/10th of what he did at Arsenal.

Pogba - flashes of brilliance & is class, but turns it on & off when it suits, but fair play to him for sticking around & facing it.

Imo the critique is fair, possibly a bit much on Pogba, but otherwise i'd say Lukaku & Sanchez are right to be, Pogba as well but some of it goes to far with him.

Give over will you, we won't agree on all this stuff, you love Pogba to bits & I'll critisize him if i feel he's done wrong or whatever... lets just move on now rather than taking up another 2 pages yeah? cheers.

Sure. But you just wait until he’s not in this team.
  • Keano

Aslong as we replace him i'm fine with him going... if he wants to go, then he can go next summer when we have time ot gte a proper replacement, i'm sure the majority in here agree on that, you're saying that like it scares me or something... :D :D :D

Fabinho I remember for sure, not sure I remember Bakayoko, but i might just be forgetting with the amount of rumours we have.
  • forearms
    4816 posts National Call-Up

Aslong as we replace him i'm fine with him going... if he wants to go, then he can go next summer when we have time ot gte a proper replacement, i'm sure the majority in here agree on that, you're saying that like it scares me or something... :D :D :D

Fabinho I remember for sure, not sure I remember Bakayoko, but i might just be forgetting with the amount of rumours we have.

I recall most fans wanting Fabinho. He could play in midfield or RB. There was more support for him that I remember. That Monaco team was pretty hot at the time.
  • Keano

I recall most fans wanting Fabinho. He could play in midfield or RB. There was more support for him that I remember. That Monaco team was pretty hot at the time.

Oh 100%, I remember us all hoping he would come & I'm sure we had another of that monaco side we wanted at the time.. can't remember who right now though.
  • Cyodine
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero

Oh 100%, I remember us all hoping he would come & I'm sure we had another of that monaco side we wanted at the time.. can't remember who right now though.

Silva maybe?
  • Tornado31619
    17006 posts World Class
    Might have been Lemar, though he was also strongly linked with Arsenal. Bernardo signed for City pretty early on in the window, along with Mendy.
  • Keano
    Cyodine wrote: »

Silva maybe?

nah I think it was Sidibe, we were heavily linked with Fabinho & Sidibe.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 21

It started with Bakayoko then swayed towards Fabinho towards the end of the window.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    I wonder if CHO’s reported new wage will get the same treatment as Rashford
  • Low Ki
    11787 posts Has That Special Something

It started with Bakayoko then swayed towards Fabinho towards the end of the window.

We were linked with Fabinho for 2 seasons.
  • TakeItSlow
    7334 posts Big Money Move

Cho is a superior talent.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Just like Iwobi right?
  • Tornado31619
    17006 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Despite having barely proven himself?
  • Pxul_
    7908 posts League Winner
    I feel like that comment was a sarcastic one aimed at the Chelsea fan base. Just saying😂
  • Tornado31619
    17006 posts World Class
    Thank you

Pxul_ wrote: »
    I feel like that comment was a sarcastic one aimed at the Chelsea fan base. Just saying😂

I forgot he was an Arsenal fan :lol:
  • Adrian095
    edited August 22
    :D

Gonna need to watch this podcast and see what other stuff he's sayin in that fake accent.
  • Apollo
    14976 posts World Class
    edited August 22

I'd hope you're right, but with TakeItSlow you never know. Especially after the Iwobi farce :D

Both players are on too much money for what they've achieved so far in their careers, but the wages CHO's on are far, far worse considering he's massively lacking experience and has barely proven himself at this level at all.
  • Adrian095
    So Lukaku admitted playing back to goal wasn't his preferred style, just wasn't built for us from the start.
  • Sellish
    9181 posts League Winner
    Pogba
    "I am French but I would say I am
    international. I am not only French. I have the French
    passport, French ID but I have the English driving licence.
    When you are a Mancunian once, you are a Mancunian forever."

Source on this?
  • TakeItSlow
    7334 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »

I'd hope you're right, but with TakeItSlow you never know. Especially after the Iwobi farce :D

Both players are on too much money for what they've achieved so far in their careers, but the wages CHO's on are far, far worse considering he's massively lacking experience and has barely proven himself at this level at all.

Yes sarcasm. Cho should be on about 90k a week. It’s like rewarding a worker at McDonald’s a huge pay rise for eating all the food on shift. Utterly ridiculous.

The kids will never feel the need to kick on and prove themselves if they’re being rewarded for nothing. We’re set to offer Guendouzi a new 70k a week deal. I think that’s on the cusps of being a fair offer.

Anything over 100k a week is a bit ridiculous. In my eyes if you’ve worked hard at it and deserve it then your last contract should be a 200k + one, not your 1st or 2nd.
  • Kellnerr
    2580 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sellish wrote: »
    Pogba

Source on this?

That's apparently a quote from last year
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »
    Pogba

Source on this?

He’s said the Mancunian part a few times in the past iirc.
  • Cyodine
    1493 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 22
    Thank you

Jose only speaks the truth.
  • SDoofus
    5072 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 22
    What Apollo is trying to say is that VVD and Robbo are better in their positions than the others are in theirs.

Think of it as VVD and Robbo being world class, with the others being in the league just below.

I'd argue that being in the world's top 5 in their position is being world class. I would comfortably put Mane in the top 5 LWs and Salah in the top 5 RWs. I'd put Firmino in the top 5 false 9s and Fabinho in the top 5 DMs. I'd put TAA in the top 5 RBs. They're all world class.

Edit: And Alisson in the top 5 GKs.

Edit 2: It's just them, though. Alisson, VVD, Robertson, TAA, Fabinho, Firmino, Mane and Salah. 8 players. I had high hopes that Keita would reach that sort of level, but he's not been able to string games together due to constant injuries so he cannot even remotely be included at this point. The rest of our squad i.e. AOC, Matip, Shaqiri, Wijnaldum, etc are not world class.
  • Apollo
    14976 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    What Apollo is trying to say is that VVD and Robbo are better in their positions than the others are in theirs.

Think of it as VVD and Robbo being world class, with the others being in the league just below.

I'd argue that being in the world's top 5 in any position is being world class. I would comfortably put Mane in the top 5 LWs and Salah in the top 5 RWs. I'd put Firmino in the top 5 false 9s and Fabinho in the top 5 DMs. I'd put TAA in the top 5 RBs. They're all world class.

Edit: And Alisson in the top 5 GKs.

Can it just be left there? You've still completely missed the point of the original conversation, but this is the United thread, should just leave it there now rather than us all starting all over again.
  • Wyojasond
    11581 posts Has That Special Something
    What’s funny is I noticed Fred more than Pogba.....probably the most action he’ll see all year tackling Pogba like that 😂

• Ahmer50x
    18182 posts World Class
    "Match data recorded by Opta shows that McTominay has topped United’s distance charts in both of the matches. He covered more ground than any Chelsea player at Old Trafford, and only Ruben Neves and Leander Dendoncker registered greater distances at Molineux." -Man Utd Official Site

McTominay <3