How do you guys feel about Kurts video?

13
JayyThunder
4423 posts Big Money Move
Since I’m not able to play the beta, I have to basically take other people’s word for how fifa 20 is, and he and Inception are the only two people (on social media) who I trust. I have not watched Inceptions reaction, but from what Kurt said, it looks like fifa 20 could be decent? I still think EA is going to ruin it, but what are your thoughts.

Comments

  • Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nail on the head. EA will ruin it. There is absolutely nothing more certain.
  • Vaporduff777
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Looks promising from someone who understands, let’s just hope they can get it right.
  • Shaanxz
    20649 posts Club Captain
    He pretty much hit the nail on the head. But I disagree with the passing. There are some locking issues with passes going to the wrong player
  • NathW90
    367 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 22
    It's almost exactly the same as 19. The difference is negligible.
  • zeultuturor
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    D0lvl wrote: »
    EA will make it appear to look like they improved gameplay in early stages of fifa20. Then they revert it back to an anger inducing state which leads many players to think they need to improve their squad so they have to buy fifa points, etc etc.

    you always need to improve your team, otherwise the game is bad.what most of the dumb people don't understand is that just because you upgraded your team doesn't mean everyone else has to use the same players they did at the start of the game, which is why you won't get an advantage like you dream, you just won't get a disadvantage. however, ea made sure that you don't need any fifa points to do so. the only players you can not afford in fifa 19 by playing the game are the pim gullit, r9 and those kinds of players. but you can't afford them by spending fifa points either unless you get incredible luck.
  • HyperOCD
    592 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Every fifa starts amazing till the first update
  • D0lvl
    1652 posts Play-Off Hero
    D0lvl wrote: »
    EA will make it appear to look like they improved gameplay in early stages of fifa20. Then they revert it back to an anger inducing state which leads many players to think they need to improve their squad so they have to buy fifa points, etc etc.

    you always need to improve your team, otherwise the game is bad.what most of the dumb people don't understand is that just because you upgraded your team doesn't mean everyone else has to use the same players they did at the start of the game, which is why you won't get an advantage like you dream, you just won't get a disadvantage. however, ea made sure that you don't need any fifa points to do so. the only players you can not afford in fifa 19 by playing the game are the pim gullit, r9 and those kinds of players. but you can't afford them by spending fifa points either unless you get incredible luck.


    Bad gameplay is the root of all this. If fifa20 doesn't improve gameplay i.e. EA adding more servers or improving their netcode; then it's fifa19 all over again.

    The cycle of improving squads will always be there in a season of FUT. It's when most players think they can get over bad gameplay by getting meta player X.

    Truth is, you can normalize all players and squads i.e. making them all play the same, same stats, etc during online play and people will still experience bad gameplay like button delays, lag, hitting the post all the time, etc.

  • alex1987
    5595 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 22
    Best player in the world
  • Shaanxz
    20649 posts Club Captain
    NathW90 wrote: »
    It's almost exactly the same as 19. The difference is negligible.

    Fifa 20 and 19 are nothing alike.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11864 posts Has That Special Something
    Since I’m not able to play the beta, I have to basically take other people’s word for how fifa 20 is, and he and Inception are the only two people (on social media) who I trust. I have not watched Inceptions reaction, but from what Kurt said, it looks like fifa 20 could be decent? I still think EA is going to ruin it, but what are your thoughts.

    Haven't seen any videos or anything but I would agree that it could be decent but I also know that it won't be.

    Until the delayed and unresponsive gameplay is addressed everything else is irrelevant. There's also still alot of issues that existed in FIFA 19 but I won't go into details.

    Make your own minds up but I for sure won't be buying into this joke any longer.
  • Empyrium7
    2786 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 22
    Agree with almost everything except:
    - Fast pace gameplay doesn't create a larger skill gap and encourage ping pong passing and first time shots.
    - Most Pros want a game that suit them regardless of how it's related to football or how realistic it it. I don't understand how pros don't complain about dragbacks spam and broken skill moves like Croquetta. my only issue with Pros that they think reactions and how fast you can do button combos decides how good are you at the game regardless if your football IQ. in most video games it should be true. but not in football game.

    He mentioned an important point that EA needs to look at. LS dribbling is bad and they need to work on it. I don't have to do a skill move Everytime I need to pass a defender. They improved Jockeying but didn't improve LS dribbling.
  • jstracci
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    NathW90 wrote: »
    It's almost exactly the same as 19. The difference is negligible.

    Fifa 20 and 19 are nothing alike.

    I played about ~50 games on the Beta, and I can say that Kurt pretty much nailed it. They were able to build a good foundation, however, I don't know how the experience will be when servers are crowded, and the first broken mechanic starts to be shared...

    "... Fifa 20 and 19 are nothing alike ... "Yes! I couldn't agree more -They have really different games/mechanics .. anyways, let's hope they solve some issue that was shared on the Beta community and mainly the servers handle this new iteration properly...
  • deang07
    8261 posts League Winner
    hes abs spot on tbh , my thoughts on the beta were exactly the same.
    i wrote a review on the beta forum b4 his video came out and it was pretty much identical.
  • jertt
    75 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Since I’m not able to play the beta, I have to basically take other people’s word for how fifa 20 is, and he and Inception are the only two people (on social media) who I trust. I have not watched Inceptions reaction, but from what Kurt said, it looks like fifa 20 could be decent? I still think EA is going to ruin it, but what are your thoughts.

    I have an inception reaction review on Fifa 20 forum. He is positive about the game too.
  • Greezyweezy101
    1330 posts Professional
    I think it's like going from a girl who is a 3 to a girl who is a 5 and thinking you've bagged a worldy
  • Mutu10gol
    2566 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it's like going from a girl who is a 3 to a girl who is a 5 and thinking you've bagged a worldy

    what?
  • JayyThunder
    4423 posts Big Money Move
    jertt wrote: »
    Since I’m not able to play the beta, I have to basically take other people’s word for how fifa 20 is, and he and Inception are the only two people (on social media) who I trust. I have not watched Inceptions reaction, but from what Kurt said, it looks like fifa 20 could be decent? I still think EA is going to ruin it, but what are your thoughts.

    I have an inception reaction review on Fifa 20 forum. He is positive about the game too.

    Yeah I need to watch his video, but it's 40 min long and I'm at work.
  • Ishibum
    12769 posts Has That Special Something
    jertt wrote: »
    Since I’m not able to play the beta, I have to basically take other people’s word for how fifa 20 is, and he and Inception are the only two people (on social media) who I trust. I have not watched Inceptions reaction, but from what Kurt said, it looks like fifa 20 could be decent? I still think EA is going to ruin it, but what are your thoughts.

    I have an inception reaction review on Fifa 20 forum. He is positive about the game too.

    Is this one of those ones where he is basically making content by watching other people's content? The guy is a charlatan.
  • Ecr8on
    1449 posts Professional
    jstracci wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    NathW90 wrote: »
    It's almost exactly the same as 19. The difference is negligible.

    Fifa 20 and 19 are nothing alike.

    I played about ~50 games on the Beta, and I can say that Kurt pretty much nailed it. They were able to build a good foundation, however, I don't know how the experience will be when servers are crowded, and the first broken mechanic starts to be shared...

    "... Fifa 20 and 19 are nothing alike ... "Yes! I couldn't agree more -They have really different games/mechanics .. anyways, let's hope they solve some issue that was shared on the Beta community and mainly the servers handle this new iteration properly...
    deang07 wrote: »
    hes abs spot on tbh , my thoughts on the beta were exactly the same.
    i wrote a review on the beta forum b4 his video came out and it was pretty much identical.

    Completely agree with these from above and Kurt & Inception. Came out of the beta feeling the same way and Inception saying no he pleaded with them to not make major changes to it gives me a small sliver of hope
  • Ry
    18 posts Ball Boy
    I liked it, especially the part about how FIFA should be a faster arcade represenation because the games are so short. Simulation football would be boring and slow gameplay lowers the skill gap.

    Disagreed about the set peices. Not a huge thing but with time im sure the new aim/spin system will be decent.
  • Retro1989
    4575 posts National Call-Up
    Doesn't matter what the gameplay is like now in Beta, EA always change it with a patch shortly after release.
  • jertt wrote: »
    Since I’m not able to play the beta, I have to basically take other people’s word for how fifa 20 is, and he and Inception are the only two people (on social media) who I trust. I have not watched Inceptions reaction, but from what Kurt said, it looks like fifa 20 could be decent? I still think EA is going to ruin it, but what are your thoughts.

    I have an inception reaction review on Fifa 20 forum. He is positive about the game too.

    Yeah I need to watch his video, but it's 40 min long and I'm at work.

    All the more reason to watch it, surely.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nothing means anything until the first patch. They’ll ruin it. They always do
  • Diggy
    13706 posts Has That Special Something
    I think it's like going from a girl who is a 3 to a girl who is a 5 and thinking you've bagged a worldy

    I think this is a perfect analogy
  • Since I’m not able to play the beta, I have to basically take other people’s word for how fifa 20 is, and he and Inception are the only two people (on social media) who I trust. I have not watched Inceptions reaction, but from what Kurt said, it looks like fifa 20 could be decent? I still think EA is going to ruin it, but what are your thoughts.

    It is imo better out of my friends in most passionate on fifa and stress on 19 made me start posting here.

    I would never like to be that guy that's trying to say bs,but 20 has alot more improved just needs some little fixes and delay to be fine or made very unnoticeable.

    Main issue I see is we all use small context to tell fifa about there game and wonder why we are in same mess like 19.

    20 will be something I buy with no hesitation, I will say half the guys not getting it will give in after they are there other friends playing then realise football is best on fifa game wise .

    Pes is cool but player base is smaller and servers are even worse.

    And today I miss 20 beta and 19 just is a mess to try play for fun .

    I'm loving the fact 20 had some intresting modes online and felt new to play ,Like fifa can't change feel to much it's football and its tech of current xbox and ps4 holding it back.

    Now I have a theory that old xbox that's dusty and ps4 playing vs a fresh pro or x is a issue as the better consle handle it better .


    Fuji got top 100 on 18 on 1st wl with xbox one x?????
    So mabye so much hardware difference is causing some bad gameplay which would make sense .
  • L0ngline
    471 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I watched his video and played it at gamesCom and he made some solid points, however, the fact that he thinks he's the goat and only he knows what the game should be like is completely dumb and really affects his overall "analysis" negatively.

    - what's wrong with crosses? I agree that they're completely useless atm in Fifa 20 but why should we keep it that way? if you know when and how to cross, you should at least be able to put pressure on the defense
    - skills were fine this year (apart from the la croqueta and only chaining 'croquetas together was really broken, the skill in and of itself was a great addition). And on top of that, why would you mock kazooie for no reason?
  • NathW90
    367 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    NathW90 wrote: »
    It's almost exactly the same as 19. The difference is negligible.

    Fifa 20 and 19 are nothing alike.

    Lol, OK, enjoy your brainwashing mate.
  • leon1309
    4204 posts National Call-Up
    Nice to hear what both are claiming, but 19 completely and utterly broke my trust (what was left of it anyway) towards EA and their games (FIFA, Apex -same shananigans from what i read...it Just does not matter any more).
Sign In or Register to comment.