Piemonte Calcio

Comments

• DefunctDvlfish
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2019
    Rete wrote: »
    Interesting, I was under the usurpation it was FIFA’s this season. I remember watching a VAPEX video on YouTube a month or two back, I can’t remember the evidence he pointed to but it seemed legit.
    Let's hope it's not an exclusive deal. So that next year if EA does a full Serie A treatment with all stadiums (hopefully!!!) they are able to get Serie B finally too, instead of calling it Calcio B...
  • HarryKein
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Interesting, I was under the usurpation it was FIFA’s this season. I remember watching a VAPEX video on YouTube a month or two back, I can’t remember the evidence he pointed to but it seemed legit.
    Let's hope it's not an exclusive deal. So that next year if EA does a full Serie A treatment with all stadiums (hopefully!!!) they are able to get Serie B finally too, instead of calling it Calcio B...

No Serie A treatment next year, I can bet 1000000€
  • HarryKein wrote: »
    Aye I should lower my expectations. Shows how much they care about the league considering they let Juve slip away.
  • DYL_26
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    HarryKein wrote: »
    Aye I should lower my expectations. Shows how much they care about the league considering they let Juve slip away.

Trash company. Don’t hold your breath.
  • Rete
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special

It baffles me why people from Italy and Serie A fans continue to buy the game. Generic stadia, generic faces and not generic teams.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    I wonder if Piemonte Calcio will win the Champions League this year?
  • Rete

They’d struggle to do the stadium thing with Serie A as, for the most part, the club’s don’t own the stadia, they’re owned by the municipal councils and such. They’d have to negotiate rights with the clubs and then each of the councils. An absolute minefield.
  • Rete
    Will that black and pink monstrosity be the Piemonte Calcio kit for FIFA 20 or do you think it could be changed for the final game?
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    As I mentioned in a previous thread, if you're on PC there are unofficial mods and patches that you can download and install which will make your players logos, kits, emblems, etc look official. In PES 5/6 and even in PES 2008 I remember using a patch like that for all and it even worked online.

Except that the opponent won't be able to see it. This worked for all national teams as well that had only generic country flags instead of their national logo.

Unfortunately when I tried using such patch on PC with FIFA in 17 it would disconnect me from online matches and it would work only offline. I had to remove the patch to be able to play online again.

Konami's PES is a little bit more user friendly when it comes to using such patches for online play.
  • Rete
    As I mentioned in a previous thread, if you're on PC there are unofficial mods and patches that you can download and install which will make your players logos, kits, emblems, etc look official. In PES 5/6 and even in PES 2008 I remember using a patch like that for all and it even worked online.

Except that the opponent won't be able to see it. This worked for all national teams as well that had only generic country flags instead of their national logo.

Unfortunately when I tried using such patch on PC with FIFA in 17 it would disconnect me from online matches and it would work only offline. I had to remove the patch to be able to play online again.

Konami's PES is a little bit more user friendly when it comes to using such patches for online play.

The comparison to PES is an interesting one. Why doesn't EA open up the FIFA game to mods etc for exactly this reason? Or, if not that, just allow us the facility do edit unlicensed teams?
    There’s obviously been an update in the facility to create and customise people (managers and players), what are the chances of an expanded edit mode in general that allows unlicensed teams or generic player faces to be edited?
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    425 posts Sunday League Hero

The comparison to PES is an interesting one. Why doesn't EA open up the FIFA game to mods etc for exactly this reason? Or, if not that, just allow us the facility do edit unlicensed teams?
    There’s obviously been an update in the facility to create and customise people (managers and players), what are the chances of an expanded edit mode in general that allows unlicensed teams or generic player faces to be edited?
    I think the reason why EA have been so restrictive in terms of allowing game modifications is so they tackle hackers and cheaters. They are perhaps concerned that this modding/patching will not be used just for an innocent purpose of modding the game, but the fear that players might for example edit the game to make Ultimate Team high rating player stats, etc.

I did remember many years ago in PES 6 PC I faced a cheater in an online tournament where a player had a custom team full of Ronaldinho, Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard, Terry, Nazario Ronaldo, etc in one team. It is like Ultimate Team.

This is why a basic customisation of player kits, badges, national logo causes game disconnect after 3 seconds of game kick off in online mode in FIFA. In PES I don't know if Konami has made the system more strict. I haven't played PES online in more than 6 years apart from the PES 2019 Lite free version. So I haven't experimented with mods and patches for many years now.

Sometimes uninstallation of the mods are very difficult without complete reinstalling the game from scratch before being able to play online again. This is why for the most part in FIFA I haven't bothered to use patches as most of them are designed to work for offline play only or for players who do not care about online play.

But since I care about online play and at least 70% of my playing in FIFA is online, patching the game is pretty much going to be a hectic experience for me.
  • Squire82
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I think EA could have done a slightly better job with the rebranding of Juventus to Piemonte Calcio. I know legally they cant use the name of Juventus having lost the license but they could have a changed it to a name that was closer to Juventus. Could they have used Juve or JUve. Turin? Also why did they have to completely change the colour of the kits? Surely a generic white and black striped shirt without branding would have looked better? The badge could also have looked closer to the original J style logo which Juventus use. This could have easily been achieved without infringing on any copyright rules.
  • Rete
    edited August 2019

I think the reason why EA have been so restrictive in terms of allowing game modifications is so they tackle hackers and cheaters. They are perhaps concerned that this modding/patching will not be used just for an innocent purpose of modding the game, but the fear that players might for example edit the game to make Ultimate Team high rating player stats, etc.

I did remember many years ago in PES 6 PC I faced a cheater in an online tournament where a player had a custom team full of Ronaldinho, Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard, Terry, Nazario Ronaldo, etc in one team. It is like Ultimate Team.

This is why a basic customisation of player kits, badges, national logo causes game disconnect after 3 seconds of game kick off in online mode in FIFA. In PES I don't know if Konami has made the system more strict. I haven't played PES online in more than 6 years apart from the PES 2019 Lite free version. So I haven't experimented with mods and patches for many years now.

Sometimes uninstallation of the mods are very difficult without complete reinstalling the game from scratch before being able to play online again. This is why for the most part in FIFA I haven't bothered to use patches as most of them are designed to work for offline play only or for players who do not care about online play.

But since I care about online play and at least 70% of my playing in FIFA is online, patching the game is pretty much going to be a hectic experience for me.

Thanks for the reply, interestingly I play zero online, I just play career mode. Ideally there’d be free facility to edit for those who want to, but the saves would only apply to offline modes with the online players and teams remaining as default.
  • Stugg93
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just seen the PES 20 full list of teams. Brescia aren’t licensed in Serie A in their games and the whole of Serie B isn’t licensed. Therefore we have this ridiculous situation where nobody can play an authentic Italian championship in either game. Both Konami, EA, the Serie A and the Serie B need to come to an agreement because this is stupid.
  • ChrisW1991
    1405 posts Professional
    They should just let us edit the Piemonte kit so we can have it similar to Juve.. The home kit they created for them is horrible.. Nice away kit though
  • Rete
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    Just seen the PES 20 full list of teams. Brescia aren’t licensed in Serie A in their games and the whole of Serie B isn’t licensed. Therefore we have this ridiculous situation where nobody can play an authentic Italian championship in either game. Both Konami, EA, the Serie A and the Serie B need to come to an agreement because this is stupid.

You’ll be able to on PES because you can mod the game with option files. I’ll download mods for all the unlicensed teams and leagues and upload them to PES in seconds on day 1. Konami, as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ as they are actually value the community and what they can do for their game, as long as EA are getting their micro transactions through FUT they don’t give a shiny one. The ability to edit unlicensed teams in FIFA would be simple, they won’t do a stitch though.
  • Rete
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    They should just let us edit the Piemonte kit so we can have it similar to Juve.. The home kit they created for them is horrible.. Nice away kit though

Yep, the ability to edit unlicensed teams for offline modes only would solve it all.
  • tarheels_forever
    861 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2019
    DYL_26 wrote: »
    Playing against them on the Beta is actually infuriating me. Is there any chance EA can overturn the partnership with PES?

doesnt really bother me. im sick of so many people riding the Ronaldo bandwagon and playing Online Seasons with Juventus. if they want to ride the bandwagon now they'll have to do it with "Piemonte Calcio". LOL.
  • The Juventus name and logo are gone but the players still remain, so unless your team is Juve, is it really that big of a deal?
  • Boysie91
    14267 posts World Class
    This might sound stupid but how comes Juventus has changed but Manchester United and other licenced clubs are still in fifa? 🤔
  • daviec
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    This might sound stupid but how comes Juventus has changed but Manchester United and other licenced clubs are still in fifa? 🤔

The Man Utd license comes as part of the EPL license (the EPL license also restricts Konami to only making deals with 2 clubs - Arsenal and Man Utd this year). The Serie A license doesn't include the teams, but most clubs except Juve have agreed deals with both Konami and EA anyway.