The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    12878 posts Has That Special Something
    Genuinely sent shivers down my spine that Bury fan
    We’ve recalled a 17 year old who was out on loan so that if he gets named in the england u19 squad we can cancel our game during the international break instead of play without two key players :joy:
    He should be starting for us to be honest the kids class
  • BristolMDF
    227 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Scenes when he scores against the gypos on Sat :joy:

• GoodnightIrene
    3326 posts National Call-Up
    It would be the epitome of banter and I fully hope he shushes our mongy fanbase when he does.
  • chaser2k15
    13371 posts Has That Special Something
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• BristolMDF
    It would be the epitome of banter and I fully hope he shushes our mongy fanbase when he does.

I’m picturing a full slither on his snakey belly from one end of the pitch to the other.
  • BristolMDF
    Always like these videos where you see a player’s whole 90 mins in a couple of minutes.

I never realised - even at the game - how quick Afobe is and how decisive he was with the ball at his feet.

I don’t think we’ll be troubling the top six this year but I think he could be a real handful at times.
  • iHilarious
    13063 posts Has That Special Something
  • Hicksy2011
    edited August 19
    @Karlos our old boy Dion Donohue and your old boy Jacob Mellis have both been suspended by Mansfield for by the looks of it beating up some 18 year old that plays for Mansfield too
    Way to end your career, complete idiots
  • Karlos
    24281 posts Club Captain
    Such a waste of potential that guy.
  • iHilarious
    13063 posts Has That Special Something
    George Thorne and Matty Taylor confirmed with another winger to add - no reason why we shouldn’t be in the playoffs imo
  • Joberto
    995 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 19
    Is it Chorley for us now then @Karlos

all this is genuinely tiring now, we must get a 14(?) day notice from the EFL at this point
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    JamieC wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    First game of the season home against Basildon United and won 3-1! And 2 red cards.

Super Ramadan score the first, Jolland scored a beautiful curling goal before getting sent off in the second half. And Ollie Hughes with a bicycle kick to score the third.

Basildon played dirty, constantly fouling our players and getting rough, their no. 9 got a red for an elbow.

The football season is back!!! :love:

First game? What have you been playing for the last 2 weeks? We’ve played 5 already.

Last week, no game. The week before that was our last preseason game. I think our league was the last to start due to us playing the least games out of everyone else (38 games).

However our league cup has changed to a group stage format, so will be playing at least 5 games at the minimum unless we top our group, then we go to knockouts with the teams in the Premier division.

How come your league has so few teams? Thought they were making them all the same as part of the restructuring? Or is that next season?

We currently have 7 leagues at our level. Next season they are finally making it 8 (So it will be 3 Northern, 3 Isthmian and 2 Southern) so it will be 8 leagues of 20 teams.

The reason for it is that they want to cut costs on travelling by trying to get the leagues as local as they can get.

They are also doing it for league below, introducing 2 new northern leagues next season, which is why the team that finishes bottom in our league might get a second chance to stay up, as they are doing something where the 2nd or 3rd place team with the best points per game in the league below could play our bottom team for a chance for promotion.

Ah yeah, I forgot about the relegation playoffs. It’s a necessary evil sadly. The pyramid will be so much better when it’s all sorted.
  • WFCBagnall
    69554 posts Moderator
    iHilarious wrote: »

You beat us to him :(
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    So sad to see both of your situations @Karlos @Joberto. Hopefully there’s a miracle to save you both but if the worst happens then remember it’s not the end. Losing HUFC will always be one of the sadest moments of my life but we’re getting back to where we belong. Everyone gets back eventually and you both will. Chances are the first couple of seasons will be some of the happiest of your life.

Fingers crossed you both survive though. The Football League will be a worse place without you both.
  • JamieC
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    First game of the season home against Basildon United and won 3-1! And 2 red cards.

Super Ramadan score the first, Jolland scored a beautiful curling goal before getting sent off in the second half. And Ollie Hughes with a bicycle kick to score the third.

Basildon played dirty, constantly fouling our players and getting rough, their no. 9 got a red for an elbow.

The football season is back!!! :love:

First game? What have you been playing for the last 2 weeks? We’ve played 5 already.

Last week, no game. The week before that was our last preseason game. I think our league was the last to start due to us playing the least games out of everyone else (38 games).

However our league cup has changed to a group stage format, so will be playing at least 5 games at the minimum unless we top our group, then we go to knockouts with the teams in the Premier division.

How come your league has so few teams? Thought they were making them all the same as part of the restructuring? Or is that next season?

We currently have 7 leagues at our level. Next season they are finally making it 8 (So it will be 3 Northern, 3 Isthmian and 2 Southern) so it will be 8 leagues of 20 teams.

The reason for it is that they want to cut costs on travelling by trying to get the leagues as local as they can get.

They are also doing it for league below, introducing 2 new northern leagues next season, which is why the team that finishes bottom in our league might get a second chance to stay up, as they are doing something where the 2nd or 3rd place team with the best points per game in the league below could play our bottom team for a chance for promotion.

Ah yeah, I forgot about the relegation playoffs. It’s a necessary evil sadly. The pyramid will be so much better when it’s all sorted.

Yes, next season all promotion/relegations should be back to normal, no more super playoff bollocks (glad that went after one season, can only imagine my team winning the playoffs to then not go up).
  • BristolMDF
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

With the greatest of respect I don’t think he was ever going to L2. He was all set to join Charlton on deadline day but it fell through right at the last minute.
  • Hicksy2011
    They really need to be able to issue compulsory sale orders
    Like if a club is independently valued and the value is met Dale should have to sell
  • Karlos
    24281 posts Club Captain
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    They really need to be able to issue compulsory sale orders
    Like if a club is independently valued and the value is met Dale should have to sell

If he sold it for £2, he’d be doubling his money.
  • ryan217
    2876 posts Fans' Favourite
    Reading (12/5), Luton Town (21/10) and Wigan (23/10) - coincidentally the three sides Cardiff have played so far this term - are the current favourites to be relegated.

And we've scraped 3 points from that thanks to a 96th minute goal, it's going to be a long season
  • WFCBagnall
    69554 posts Moderator
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

With the greatest of respect I don’t think he was ever going to L2. He was all set to join Charlton on deadline day but it fell through right at the last minute.

We enquired about him, I know that much.
  • wheelerdeeler
    5989 posts Big Money Move
    That's harsh on Reading. I know they lost their first two games, but I'd still expect Charlton, Barnsley and a couple more to be more likely to go down than they are. Could even be dark horses for the Top 6 if Puscas can score goals consistently.
  • Hicksy2011
    I just don’t get the point of not letting Bury play games
    Like at this stage of the season most people would rather be playing games and sorting stuff out
    Everyone knows beforehand that it might get scratched and they should get battered every week anyway
    And it helps Bury because they can actually produce some income
    Literally the only issue is if someone gets suspended because of the Bury game and miss an actual game
  • Karlos
    24281 posts Club Captain
    The only thing I can think of is that they’re trying to force Dale out.
  • strings79
    2026 posts Fans' Favourite
    Karlos wrote: »

dont know much about the bloke Dale but from what iv seen/heard in the media guy comes across a right weapon. Hope the mess your in somehow gets sorted we were in a similar situation years ago yet somehow we made it to the greedy league never give up footballs a crazy world.
  • dannyboy
    12805 posts Has That Special Something
  • wheelerdeeler
    5989 posts Big Money Move
    strings79 wrote: »
    Karlos wrote: »

dont know much about the bloke Dale but from what iv seen/heard in the media guy comes across a right weapon. Hope the mess your in somehow gets sorted we were in a similar situation years ago yet somehow we made it to the greedy league never give up footballs a crazy world.

Think Martin Keown said it in that Talksport thing, he's probably hanging on because he wants to keep the land Gigg Lane is on. Bury go bankrupt and Gigg Lane becomes flats.