So.. How many years you have enjoyed delay so far?

And how many years there will be ahead? :)

Comments

• Azof
    17895 posts World Class
    Played from 12-19 without any delay, must be one of the lucky ones
  • Arron xox
    3541 posts National Call-Up
    Been playing fifa since 98 and I will continue to play till my eyes give in I think
  • RadioShaq
    15984 posts Moderator
    I’ve never had delay in any of the fifas. I mean occasional lag but not every game like some have.
  • Theomanny
    1955 posts Fans' Favourite
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I’ve never had delay in any of the fifas. I mean occasional lag but not every game like some have.

Where do u lice and whats ur set up? Open ports?
  • mindm4ster
    5179 posts Big Money Move
    since 15 I think

I'm on PC
  • Nervous_Nick
    6342 posts Big Money Move
    Azof wrote: »
    Played from 12-19 without any delay, must be one of the lucky ones

Do your players always play to their stats?
  • Mutu10gol
    2792 posts Fans' Favourite

do you have any room for rent? 😃
  • AlbinoXI
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mutu10gol wrote: »

do you have any room for rent? 😃

Need a room mate ?
  • Keepthechange
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've been connected to a server that's way too far from me since FIFA17 and the average ping I get is around 270ms.

Apparently the issue is caused by the ISP in my country and there were news in last April that it will be fixed, therefore I won't buy FIFA20 until this issue is fixed because the game is not enjoyable at all.
  • alvchong
    1573 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2019
    First year, also the last for me. Really no point to suffer due to delay. I also think is my ISP problem.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5839 posts Big Money Move
    Since 18 for me.

Noticed that passes weren't as reponsive, skills didn't happen when I'd need them to and movement felt so delayed. It was worse on 19 and I don't see 20 being any better considering they're still putting in patches for button delay a month before its release date on 19.
  • Wi1son73
    2841 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2019
    I think if I’m honest fifa19 has been the First one! Surely this has to do with dedicated servers and lag compensation..
    I never played WL in other fifa’s, just FUT seasons P2P...

• Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Since 18 & funny thing is that I had much much slower internet from 13 to 17 yet had zero delay compared to now lol
  • I SiR MartY I
    5839 posts Big Money Move
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    Since 18 & funny thing is that I had much much slower internet from 13 to 17 yet had zero delay compared to now lol

Same here, I had much slower internet back when I first started playing FIFA online over 10 years ago, I had 8meg DL and 0.5 upload as it was the best we could get at the time and it was great, rarely lagged, even on P2P.

Now, with almost 10x that speed, I'm seeing horrible button delay online with FIFA, get it with no other game.
  • Enzfut
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've been connected to a server that's way too far from me since FIFA17 and the average ping I get is around 270ms.

Apparently the issue is caused by the ISP in my country and there were news in last April that it will be fixed, therefore I won't buy FIFA20 until this issue is fixed because the game is not enjoyable at all.

Same i moved to a Etisalat building and now have severe lag in my gameplay, i have not touched Fifa since. I have no hope that Fifa 20 will fix the issue.

On the bright side i will have to find a new hobby, i have been playing Fifa since 98.
  • Springveldt
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    Started complaining on the forums in 17 about it but not many were. 18 I started to notice more people complaining about it and at least in 19 the vast majority moan about it.

Since the Frostbite engine got introduced really.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2019
    Can't remember as far back as 15 but i remember it in 16 for sure. It's been getting worse with each release since then. This year Rivals has been unplayable for me around 50% of the time. When the game was released i had solid delay for the first 2 weeks. I was wondering why i was so bad this year compared to last until i got some better gameplay then it all became clear.

I have lived in 3 different houses in that time, with 2 different isp's. Playing wired or wifi makes no difference either. Delay remains.

And..... i'm done. No more. You have to be mad to play something that doesn't even function properly.
  • PelzyWelzy
    10310 posts Has That Special Something
    Aqeel87 wrote: »

This is EXACTLY my experience as well.

Never used to suffer from lag issues as I do now, noticed them creeping in during 18 and then this year has been outright abysmal.

Rivals for example is as close to unplayable as it gets for me. WL I tend to have little issue, gameplay is often decent despite there still being the odd weekend where things aren’t quite right but rivals itself is a complete and utter write off.

Just this morning I’ve been laughing at how comically long it takes for my defenders to turn and pass the ball.. it’s a joke tbh, as soon as my opponents use anything above balanced for pressuring my games stutter beyond belief, struggle to even switch players at times.

It’s the same with draft as well, the gameplay is tragic.

All this has coincided with my internet connection being greatly improved as well :joy: Pretty much has the best domestic internet connection you can hope for, I can play any other games without issue whilst performing multiple tasks across numerous devices at the same time but when it comes to fifa I can be hardwired with everything else in the house disconnected from WiFi etc and the delay is still there.

Servers just aren’t built for purpose.
  • forearms
    5139 posts Big Money Move
    I've had delay since Frostbite took over.
  • Diggy
    14677 posts Has That Special Something
    From 15 onwards I had 14 on on XBox 1 when all the users had decent connections

• Diggy
    14677 posts Has That Special Something
    forearms wrote: »
    I've had delay since Frostbite took over.

& this
  • Pablofsi08
    460 posts Sunday League Hero

Some? tell that to the millions of players annoyed by the enormous delay they get for not living in England, Germany, Brazil or Netherlands.

The servers netcode model is killing them and this game. There's a reason this game has a fame of making you play under HEAVY delay.
  • Enzfut
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am just wondering, as i do not play nay other online game then Fifa do other games suffer from input delay?

Do you suffer from input delay with Fifa but your other games run fine? How does PES play online in comparison?
  • Pablofsi08
    edited August 2019
    Enzfut wrote: »
    I am just wondering, as i do not play nay other online game then Fifa do other games suffer from input delay?

Do you suffer from input delay with Fifa but your other games run fine? How does PES play online in comparison?

Any game and the mod @RadioShaq in this thread also always suffered of delay to some degree even though he says he didn't, it's obvious he did because of how networks work (unless he played with a technology still unknown where light travels even faster than the current accepted speed, he at least had 1 or 2 input delay animation frames), but to the degree Fifa gives most of it's player base aside from the people who live in the 4 countries mentioned above, only a few games. PES uses P2P which, comparing a 150ms on Fifa vs a 150ms connection on PES gives you half the delay Fifa gives you, because P2P is a direct connection between you and your rival that requires data to travel only one way and not need to wait until it comes back to you, eliminating also that extra hop. It also lets people connect directly to each other allowing you to get 15ms latency matches no matter what country you live in (but the amount of users on PES frustrates this) instead of routing you to a server 4.000 kms away. PES uses a smarter netcode solution to mitigate delay.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    You can't have P2P in serious competitive mode because your opponent just need to restrict his upload and the game will become very delayed and laggy for you.
  • RadioShaq
    15984 posts Moderator
    Yeah I get lag to a degree but like I said nothing like what some describe on here. I live east coast usa and have a decent ping wired connection for all games. I would say the worst is playing wireless at a friends house then I get that lag everyone talks about. I don’t know how he stands it.
  • oneskyworld
    1027 posts Professional
    19 is actually the fist one. I always have some kind of delays from time to time in previous fifas. But 19 is the only one I have consistent input lags, also the ai players seem to react to delays as well.
  • Pablofsi08
    edited August 2019
    maksi wrote: »
    You can't have P2P in serious competitive mode because your opponent just need to restrict his upload and the game will become very delayed and laggy for you.

If a player does not have the necessary upload speed available he gets disconnected and the match ends prematurely with the punishments and results we have now depending on the score. That's simply the basics of how it should work. There's no reason to not implement it from that POV. Same for any kind of unstable connection (which the game should warn you about and even not allow you to play beforehand). If someone decides to turn bittorrent on post match lobby they get disconnected automatically on the basis of a poor or unstable connection to the other player. Simple.