Liverpool Football Club

Comments

  • El_Nino
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    Pietu wrote: »


    Apparently Jesus also said something about the VAR decision, you had your luck last season with bad calls now VAR is here to change it

    I mean that comment is spot on tbf. The rule does need looking at, it’s clearly dumb.
  • Pietu
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »


    Apparently Jesus also said something about the VAR decision, you had your luck last season with bad calls now VAR is here to change it

    I mean that comment is spot on tbf. The rule does need looking at, it’s clearly dumb.

    I prefer this because it's clear
  • El_Nino
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    Pietu wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »


    Apparently Jesus also said something about the VAR decision, you had your luck last season with bad calls now VAR is here to change it

    I mean that comment is spot on tbf. The rule does need looking at, it’s clearly dumb.

    I prefer this because it's clear
    Nah that’s absolutely ridiculous, you should not be punished because a ball has been launched at your arm from 2 yards away, even if your arm is down by your side.

    Ridiculously favoured to the defending team.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17208 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »


    Apparently Jesus also said something about the VAR decision, you had your luck last season with bad calls now VAR is here to change it

    I mean that comment is spot on tbf. The rule does need looking at, it’s clearly dumb.

    I prefer this because it's clear
    Nah that’s absolutely ridiculous, you should not be punished because a ball has been launched at your arm from 2 yards away, even if your arm is down by your side.

    Ridiculously favoured to the defending team.

    I disagree. I like the new rule. If the ball is hit against you from 2 yards and it hits your arm and flies in then it’s considered a foul as you can score with your hand regardless of intention (as we saw with Solanke a couple seasons back) So this isn’t much different. Had the ball not hit Laporte’s arm it wouldn’t have come to Jesus.
  • Sellish
    9169 posts League Winner
    edited August 19
    Nothing wrong with critizing a change in the rules.
    It's a pretty dumb change tbf. Gundogan had it spot on.

    Technically a GK can intentionally throw the ball on the opponents arm 1 yard away and it's consider a foul.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17208 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with critizing a change in the rules.
    It's a pretty dumb change tbf. Gundogan had it spot on.

    Technically a GK can intentionally throw the ball on the opponents arm 1 yard away and it's consider a foul.

    I mean yes technically but then again why tf would he do that.
  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with critizing a change in the rules.
    It's a pretty dumb change tbf. Gundogan had it spot on.

    Technically a GK can intentionally throw the ball on the opponents arm 1 yard away and it's consider a foul.

    I mean yes technically but then again why tf would he do that.

    Because they’d be penalised for it
  • Sellish
    9169 posts League Winner
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with critizing a change in the rules.
    It's a pretty dumb change tbf. Gundogan had it spot on.

    Technically a GK can intentionally throw the ball on the opponents arm 1 yard away and it's consider a foul.

    I mean yes technically but then again why tf would he do that.

    Because they’d be penalised for it

    Rather get a free kick in a stressful situation, waste time maybe.
    Just wrong that you can force a foul against the opponent.
  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner
    I do think the ruling is wrong but also I agree with this
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »


    Apparently Jesus also said something about the VAR decision, you had your luck last season with bad calls now VAR is here to change it

    I mean that comment is spot on tbf. The rule does need looking at, it’s clearly dumb.

    I prefer this because it's clear
    Nah that’s absolutely ridiculous, you should not be punished because a ball has been launched at your arm from 2 yards away, even if your arm is down by your side.

    Ridiculously favoured to the defending team.

    Had the ball not hit Laporte’s arm it wouldn’t have come to Jesus.

    So I’m torn🤷‍♂️
  • Kellnerr
    2571 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 19
    Sellish wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with critizing a change in the rules.
    It's a pretty dumb change tbf. Gundogan had it spot on.

    Technically a GK can intentionally throw the ball on the opponents arm 1 yard away and it's consider a foul.

    What if the opponent is considered as a defending player in that case :trollface:
  • Sellish
    9169 posts League Winner
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with critizing a change in the rules.
    It's a pretty dumb change tbf. Gundogan had it spot on.

    Technically a GK can intentionally throw the ball on the opponents arm 1 yard away and it's consider a foul.

    What if the opponent is considered as a defending player in that case :trollface:

    giphy.gif
  • LFC Simon 98
    17208 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with critizing a change in the rules.
    It's a pretty dumb change tbf. Gundogan had it spot on.

    Technically a GK can intentionally throw the ball on the opponents arm 1 yard away and it's consider a foul.

    I mean yes technically but then again why tf would he do that.

    Because they’d be penalised for it

    Rather get a free kick in a stressful situation, waste time maybe.
    Just wrong that you can force a foul against the opponent.

    But if it’s in the keepers hand he’s just gonna lie down for 10 seconds then hoof it. Far safer than tryna bounce it off someone’s arm
  • ChrisLFC
    7088 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 19
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Didnt manage to catch the game yesterday. Sounds like it was a typical Liverpool performance: disjointed in midfield but grinding out the win. 3/3 wins so far this season. Can't be mad

    3 out of 4 or 2 out of 2.

    If you’re gonna count the super cup, you have to count the Community Shield too :joy:

    One was a friendly with unlimited subs during preseason, the other was a match with normal restrictions after the season had started.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17208 posts World Class
    Bayern want a promising German youngster.

    Feel like I’ve seen this before
  • tilen11
    5041 posts Big Money Move
    Bayern want a promising German youngster.

    Feel like I’ve seen this before

    You couldnt have seen that. Bayern never buys all talented players in their league.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17208 posts World Class
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Bayern want a promising German youngster.

    Feel like I’ve seen this before

    You couldnt have seen that. Bayern never buys all talented players in their league.

    Nah they just accuse Dortmund of that. Just Ignore

    Hummels, Gotze, Lewa, Gnabry, Goretzka, Kimmich, Neuer, Alaba, Sule and a few others
  • tilen11
    5041 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 19
    The rule is dumb and at the same time it isnt. Like it was mentioned if the ball wouldnt hit Laporte, Jesus wouldnt have gotten it.

    Last year City scored a goal against Watford in a very dumb way for example and it wasnt ruled out. Aguero layed the ball down while Sterling was offside, he a went to take the shot, Janmaat slide tackled and because he touched the ball before Sterling it counted. Its possible that other refs would say its offside since it is no matter how one looks at it but the rules should be clear and the same decision always AND this rule about handball is clear so I dont have a problem with that.
  • tilen11
    5041 posts Big Money Move
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Bayern want a promising German youngster.

    Feel like I’ve seen this before

    You couldnt have seen that. Bayern never buys all talented players in their league.

    Nah they just accuse Dortmund of that. Just Ignore

    Hummels, Gotze, Lewa, Gnabry, Goretzka, Kimmich, Neuer, Alaba, Sule and a few others

    Amount of hate I have for Bayern.. Cant even describe :joy:
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    You guys think Gomez comes back in this week? How did Matip do at the weekend?
  • Snugglebites
    1097 posts Professional
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Bayern want a promising German youngster.

    Feel like I’ve seen this before

    You couldnt have seen that. Bayern never buys all talented players in their league.

    Nah they just accuse Dortmund of that. Just Ignore

    Hummels, Gotze, Lewa, Gnabry, Goretzka, Kimmich, Neuer, Alaba, Sule and a few others

    To be fair, Alaba and Hummels came through their youth team.
  • ChrisLFC
    7088 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 19
    Couchy wrote: »
    You guys think Gomez comes back in this week? How did Matip do at the weekend?

    He was fine. Hard to know if Klopp benched Gomez because of our midweek game or he just prefers Matip.

    Wouldn't risk picking either until you see someone start a run of games next to Van Dijk.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Couchy wrote: »
    You guys think Gomez comes back in this week? How did Matip do at the weekend?

    He was fine. Hard to know if Klopp benched Gomez because of our midweek game or he just prefers Matip.

    Wouldn't risk picking either until you see someone start a run of games next to Van Dijk.

    Gomez was my secret weapon. He was supposed to have notched 2 clean sheets already :joy: but you’re right, too risky to carry him atm.
  • Wyojasond
    11546 posts Has That Special Something
    Wonder what bonuses we will potentially miss out on now...

  • Pxul_
    7900 posts League Winner
    Much prefer him going to Bayern than anywhere in the prem
  • Wyojasond
    11546 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Much prefer him going to Bayern than anywhere in the prem

    Agreed. Although I thought for sure he’d end up at PSG.

    Honestly the only one that seemed a real threat to me was Spurs, and even then it seemed next to impossible.
  • Wyojasond
    11546 posts Has That Special Something
    Will be interesting to see the whole deal. Seeing reports it’s an obligation to buy, but others are reporting it’s an option to buy 🤔

    Speaking of players going out on loan....surprised Kent is still here. Can Championship teams still loan players in or are they shut down too. Couldn’t remember if it applied to all of the EFL teams or just the PL.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17208 posts World Class
    Swear he was at fault for both penalties that day.

    Actually think Xhaka gave one away but still. Firmino left him on the floor and then he hacked down Salah :D

    I saw Emre saying ‘for us we don’t want to play against Liverpool ever, we’d prefer to not face them’.

    Bit of a weird one to come out with
Sign In or Register to comment.