Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    We've got to sign James Maddison. Man deserves a move to a top 6 club next summer if he keeps up and he'd slot in perfectly in that 10 role.

Literally came here to say this. He was so good today, he would fit in perfect at 10 for us. Rated his post match interview too.
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    Couchy wrote: »
    We've got to sign James Maddison. Man deserves a move to a top 6 club next summer if he keeps up and he'd slot in perfectly in that 10 role.

Literally came here to say this. He was so good today, he would fit in perfect at 10 for us. Rated his post match interview too.

Sancho and Maddison top two targets next summer for sure. Hopefully keeping our net spend down this year and Pogba probably going means we can afford to make such big moves as I think Leicester will demand 100m and Dortmund will probably look for 120m themselves.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    We should make Leicester our Southampton (to Liverpool). Maddison, Chilwell, Tielemans and Ndidi would all fit in lovely.
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    Couchy wrote: »
    We should make Leicester our Southampton (to Liverpool). Maddison, Chilwell, Tielemans and Ndidi would all fit in lovely.

Sadly, Leicester are one of the clubs in the league who don't need to sell anymore. They'd probably demand 300m for those 4.

We can get one out in a summer realistically and I'd go for Maddison.
  • Apollo
    15058 posts World Class
    Sancho as the number 1 target, Maddison and a DM would be a fantastic summer.
  • wth22
    10055 posts Has That Special Something
    de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    Rice - McTominay
    Sancho - Maddison - Rashford
    Martial

Almost a full Brexit XI :trollface:
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »

Think we'll probably need a pace setter like Neves more than a destroyer like Rice once Pogba goes.
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class

Think we'll probably need a pace setter like Neves more than a destroyer like Rice once Pogba goes.

@Tornado31619 's ears ringing after you mentioned Neves? ;)

Doesn’t have to be him but it needs to be someone with passing range who can calm things down and control the tempo.

McTominay hopefully will lock down the donkey role of just running and tackling.
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    edited August 18
    Maddison were great second half. Showed good mentality when him and Ndidi bounced back after a poor first half.

I do think he lack creativity as a playmaker. Works hard and got good feets but he got a bit to learn still.

Edit:
    Maddison created more Premier League chances (103) since the start of last season than any other player

I guess I'm very much proved wrong :joy:
  • Apollo
    15058 posts World Class

@Tornado31619 's ears ringing after you mentioned Neves? ;)

Doesn’t have to be him but it needs to be someone with passing range who can calm things down and control the tempo.

McTominay hopefully will lock down the donkey role of just running and tackling.

Just had to use the opportunity for the Neves joke ;) I do agree about the type of DM that we'd need if Pogba goes, Neves would fit that role really well.
  • HysxteriA
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Don't want Maddison. We have Gomez who I personally think will be just as good if not even better. Stupid to sign him before giving Gomez the benefit of the doubt. Singing him will result in Gomez wanting the out I think which united will live to regret in my opinion. Sancho I'm fully on board with.
  • Gervonta
    3872 posts National Call-Up
    Tbf there was no chance of getting him this summer.
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Don't want Maddison. We have Gomez who I personally think will be just as good if not even better. Stupid to sign him before giving Gomez the benefit of the doubt. Singing him will result in Gomez wanting the out I think which united will live to regret in my opinion. Sancho I'm fully on board with.

I'm absolutely down to see if Gomes or Greenwood can secure those CAM and RW positions this season before considering any transfers. If they make the positions their own the way Rashford did in his debut season, we obviously shouldn't be making a signing.
  • HysxteriA
    3204 posts National Call-Up

I'm absolutely down to see if Gomes or Greenwood can secure those CAM and RW positions this season before considering any transfers. If they make the positions their own the way Rashford did in his debut season, we obviously shouldn't be making a signing.

Thing is though Greenwood isn't a RW. Should be a no.9 especially with that movement he has its exceptional. I think like you said we get a far bigger picture by the end of the season. Just here's hoping to not using Mata and lingard all season.
  • Apollo
    15058 posts World Class

At 10 I'd agree regarding waiting to see about Gomes and a potential transfer. Regardless of how Greenwood does though I think we're short in the RW position and Sancho should be our number 1 target regardless. Even more so if Ole is just using RW to bring Greenwood into the team and he'll eventually move to ST.
  • Wyojasond
    11620 posts Has That Special Something
    I still have some doubts about Maddison’s attitude, but the kid is clearly talented.

Constantly found space in that Chelsea midfield and was hustling (minus that late offsides...really missed a chance there) Think he’ll be at Leicester for a couple of years personally. Don’t see them letting him go.
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class

Thing is though Greenwood isn't a RW. Should be a no.9 especially with that movement he has its exceptional. I think like you said we get a far bigger picture by the end of the season. Just here's hoping to not using Mata and lingard all season.

Think Mason can do on the right what Rashford does on the left.

It's not just about his best position but also about how we fit him best to benefit the team. He's the most two footed of the forwards so it makes sense to use him on the right compared to forcing Rashford or Martial out there.

I'd love to see Ole try:
    Greenwood---Gomes---Rashford
    Martial

Think we'd get a much better idea of if the kids are any good.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Really wanna see us sign a CM in January otherwise can't see a top 4 finish.
  • Gervonta
    3872 posts National Call-Up

Who though ? January is a tough window . You’ll either over pay or you’ll end up with nothing.

Not a lot of clubs want to sell mid season.
  • Apollo
    15058 posts World Class

Missed this yesterday, that's great to see :blush:
  • Keano
    13431 posts Has That Special Something

Missed this yesterday, that's great to see :blush:

glad to see everyone sicking together and helping out...
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
    There's a real togetherness about this squad now.

I think it honestly does help that pretty much everyone speaks English now so they can communicate well.
  • Ahmer50x
    18283 posts World Class
  • forearms
    4828 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 18
    Anybody watch Real Madrid or Atletico Madrid this weekend? I'm asking because I dont understand how either of these VAR red cards were given. Both Modric and now this Getafe player looked as though they were somewhat standard yellows, but they were ratcheted up to red after VAR.

Edit: ref just sent off another player in the first half, this time for Atletico.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Gervonta wrote: »

Who though ? January is a tough window . You’ll either over pay or you’ll end up with nothing.

Not a lot of clubs want to sell mid season.

Dunno but possibly a loan deal
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    edited August 18

No real surprise. Just watch Greenwood’s highlights, actually the most two footed player I’ve ever seen. Has scored 2 free kicks in one game with either foot before. He is so calm in front of goal as he’s so confident on either foot.