Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Elpistolero91
    739 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pietu wrote: »
    How did Salah and Trent play?

Decent overall, salah should've slotted a chance though. Got subbed after 70 mins when we were 2 up.
  • Pietu
    2139 posts Fans' Favourite

Decent overall, salah should've slotted a chance though. Got subbed after 70 mins when we were 2 up.

Thanks. What about Robertson and Van Dijk?
  • Elpistolero91
    739 posts An Exciting Prospect

Both solid as usual.
  • Pietu

Both solid as usual.

Thanks mate! They didn't show the game in Finland instead they showed Pukki's game and that was a great game!
  • ChrisLFC
    7094 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 17
    tilen11 wrote: »
    FFS 🤦‍♂️

Everyone saying we won’t miss Alisson really nailed that analysis

Who said that?? :joy:

@ViVaWhom
  • tilen11
    5052 posts Big Money Move
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    FFS 🤦‍♂️

Everyone saying we won’t miss Alisson really nailed that analysis

Who said that?? :joy:

@ViVaWhom

Should have known :joy:
  • tilen11
    Spurs scored 2 goals from their only 3 shots in the entire game. Clinical :joy:
  • LFC Simon 98
    17284 posts World Class
    Spurs scored 2 goals from their only 3 shots in the entire game. Clinical :joy:

If I’m not mistaken the 3rd shot was Kane from the halfway line lmao
  • ChrisLFC
    7094 posts Big Money Move
    Prefer Adidas tbh
  • Pugzilla
    16079 posts World Class
    I think New Balance has done great. Not sure who I’d prefer the next kits to be made by. Maybe Adidas as Nike seem to do really avant-garde ones that I would hate for Liverpool as they come off as very gimmicky.
  • tilen11
    Id prefer Nike over Adidas if those 2 were the only options. Nike makes great kits nowadays but in terms of design/style/look of it I would like to see Puma. Every kit they did is fantastic for this season. Dortmund, Valencia, Marseille etc. I also really liked that Arsenal puma kit much more than Adidas now.

I also wouldnt mind if NB somehow stays. Bought it every single year and with each year it got better and better however its hard to decline an offer from Nike since they are supposedly offering more than 750m which is the record that United holds since 2014 in sponsorship with Adidas.
  • Wyojasond
    11571 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah I figured it was gonna be Nike who won the deal but I wouldn’t have minded Puma either. There kits have been awesome of late.
  • Devers
    7404 posts League Winner
    Nike had this deal done for months now.

Would love adidas, but whatever is best for the club is what counts at the end of the day.
  • tilen11
    Yeah I figured it was gonna be Nike who won the deal but I wouldn’t have minded Puma either. There kits have been awesome of late.

Their kits are just beautiful
  • tilen11
    Devers wrote: »
    Nike had this deal done for months now.

Would love adidas, but whatever is best for the club is what counts at the end of the day.

Yeah its hard to decline such amount of money.
  • Argie8
    5821 posts Big Money Move
    Didnt manage to catch the game yesterday. Sounds like it was a typical Liverpool performance: disjointed in midfield but grinding out the win. 3/3 wins so far this season. Can't be mad
  • Ahmer50x
    18169 posts World Class
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Didnt manage to catch the game yesterday. Sounds like it was a typical Liverpool performance: disjointed in midfield but grinding out the win. 3/3 wins so far this season. Can't be mad

3 out of 4 or 2 out of 2.

If you’re gonna count the super cup, you have to count the Community Shield too :joy:
  • tilen11
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

If you’re gonna count the super cup, you have to count the Community Shield too :joy:

Nah :joy:
  • LFC Simon 98
    17284 posts World Class

It’s not on the wall of honours so is irrelevant :/
  • Argie8

i genuinely had no memory of that :D had to google it lmao
  • Wyojasond

We played like **** in the first half, but still found a way to get the lead with a beautiful goal from Mane.

We looked great in the second half I thought. Controlled the tempo, won it back a lot, barely let them out of there half. Salah and Firmino both missed great chances. Then Adrian had his brain fart and we let them have another great look after that.

Given the midweek game, I’ll take it, but yeah we need a bit more if we plan to slap Arsenal next week.
  • Ahmer50x
    18169 posts World Class
    edited August 18

We played like **** in the first half, but still found a way to get the lead with a beautiful goal from Mane.

We looked great in the second half I thought. Controlled the tempo, won it back a lot, barely let them out of there half. Salah and Firmino both missed great chances. Then Adrian had his brain fart and we let them have another great look after that.

Given the midweek game, I’ll take it, but yeah we need a bit more if we plan to slap Arsenal next week.

Agree with that as a non-Liverpool fan going forward.

Defensively you were bad. Ings should've scored.
  • Argie8

Ill have to catch up on the highlights when MOTD is on iPLayer. Klopp seems to be testing out new tactics. Hope we dont lose our defensive prowess from last season
  • Wyojasond

Ill have to catch up on the highlights when MOTD is on iPLayer. Klopp seems to be testing out new tactics. Hope we dont lose our defensive prowess from last season

I thought our defense played great yesterday. Problem was the midfield again.

Anyone else notice that Milner dropped back into the LB spot a lot in the second half yesterday and let Robertson venture forward more. Maybe just a way to work against Southamptons back 5 🤷‍♂️
  • LFC Simon 98
    17284 posts World Class
    Our defence was fine except a couple of set pieces. And of course Adrian having a dull moment. Klopp comments about it were funny tho.

There was a spell second half we didn’t score from but should have with a Firmino chance. We looked peak for those 20-25 minutes
  • El_Nino
    3205 posts National Call-Up
    The crying by city players on social media is actually childish. Jesus ‘we scored the goal we needed but’

But what? But it broke the rules and was rightfully ruled out?

Not seen it, but if so that pathetic.
    Maybe the rule needs looking at; but regardless as of right now that was 100% the right call.
  • Pietu

Apparently Jesus also said something about the VAR decision, you had your luck last season with bad calls now VAR is here to change it